New BMS wiring pattern (Gotway)

alapon77

Hello...
I own a Gotway MCM5 and bought the new BMS board from eWheels this month. Some of you may know that there are two different battery packs on the MCM5, the flat one and the brick one. Originally they each used a different BMS board but now they've been upgraded to use the new BMS that is apparently cross-compatible with both battery packs.

Up to this point, I've been able to replace BMS boards by copying the solder patterns of the original to the replacement one.

Now the new BMS has a slightly different solder pattern and I need the community's guidance.

I've gotten it set up like so.

The new BMS board is going onto the flat battery pack; the brick battery pack is still using its original BMS.

In the photo, the older version of the BMS (for Gotway MCM5 flat battery pack) is on top and the newer BMS I just purchased from eWheels is on the bottom.

I can pretty much duplicate the wiring from the old version onto the new version except where indicated below.

(Item 1) The wiring harness here has two positive and two negative wires that originally connected (communicated) with the other battery BMS. All four wires run together into a 4-pin connector (and there is also a similar wiring harness coming from the brick pack's original BMS) . But on the new version of the BMS, there is only one positive wire coming off the board and going into a similar 4-pin connector (Item 3). How is this reconciled?

(Item 2) Here is the red positive charging wire soldered onto the original BMS board upon an adjacent pad of the B+ pad. On the new board, I don't see a separate pad next to the B+ pad. Can this charging wire be soldered onto the same B+ pad as the red discharging wire?

Thanks,
Alan

Edited by alapon77
photo update

7 hours ago, peddiparth said:

Your pic has the flat (1 pcs) & brick (2 pcs) bms in it. I hope you are not planning on using the brick bms boards to build your flat bms board. It is possible with bridge wires, but avoidable.

So Jason from eWheels is saying that this new BMS (the one that looks like the one for the brick) is actually for BOTH brick and flat battery packs.

I inquired with him about this same question and he is forwarding to Begode.

Alan

Just now, alapon77 said:

So Jason from eWheels is saying that this new BMS (the one that looks like the one for the brick) is actually for BOTH brick and flat battery packs.

I inquired with him about this same question and he is forwarding to Begode.

Alan

I have taken apart both brick & flat battery packs last week. I instantly recognized both from your pic. They have a shared connection, else both are different.

I may have to build the flat pack with samsung 30Q cells due to the number of water damaged cells.