Wrecked hoverboard. What do you think the issue is?

100n3y

First time on one of these things (not mine...a buddies) I did the regular forward/backward giggle-dance 'til it kicked out from underneath me and sent it flying, about 3 feet, into an oven (The oven's okay.) Anyways...long story short...the people that CAN ride it say it's not turning in one direction. They've tried re-calibrating. Seeing a lot of videos with bad boards and them needing replaced, but do you really think it's the board, or are lose connections a thing with these devices?  I don't have access to the device until this weekend (maybe) so I can't really report any other facts other than these.  Just looking for general thoughts.  Thanks in advance to any replies.

Just now, 100n3y said:

I read about those, but do you really think a wipeout's going to demolish a sensor?  Seems like those failing would be more of an "over time" issue than an "impact" issue.  What do I know though?

Really depends on the wiring and the way it was put together... I fix about 4 of them a day... Usually the ones they get from amazon.

Archived