DIY Power Pads for 18xl

RoamBot565

Hello!

I got my 18xl last week, and I ordered the power pads available from ewheels with it. When I first got the pads, immediately I noticed that they were huge, and the only way to get adequate placement for my legs was to either cover half the speakers. The pads were also a lot less soft than I thought they'd be.

So, I decided to make my own. Looking at what other people did, I ordered one sheet of 1/2" neoprene and two sheets of 1/4".

I ended up using the 1/2" to make the base shape of it, attached it all with double sided tape. Then wrapped it in 1/4" sheet to make sure it doesn't fall apart. Also if the outer shell gets worn out, I can just rewrap them. 

Attached the pads via velcro to ensure that I can adjust if needed. For my first go at making my own pads, I honestly feel like they don't look that bad. They're smaller and more comfortable than the ones I ordered from ewheels, and they don't cover up my speakers! I'm calling it a win lol.

Pics attached below. Show me your pics of DIY pads you've made, what worked and didn't work!

https://imgur.com/gallery/caetMf9