Instant top speed vs sustained top speed

Citi Wheel

So with the new 9bot1 pro being out, I just wanted to discuss instantanous top speed vs sustained top speed. I have the N20 E+ on firmware 1.2.7. Today I got a screenshot of 17.2 mph which is "faster" than the quoted ninebot one pro top speed of 17 mph. However, this top speed was only obtained for a fraction of a second. Also I have suspicion that the 9bot app might be overestimating the speed by about 1 mph. So instead,  what I think is more useful how far you can go in a set amount of time. 

Testing my E+ this way, rather than relying on the app, the fastest sustained top speed I've been able to acheive is 13.8 mph. I think I would rather have manufacturers report this top speed, because it is more practical measure for commuters to know how long it will take them to travel from point A to point B.

If any 9bot1 pro owners could do a similar test, then we can get a true gauge of how much faster the pro is than the E+.

Screenshot_2015-11-29-16-11-23.png

Screenshot_2015-11-29-16-27-09.png

27 minutes ago, Cranium said:

I did a 6 mile ride today and the max speed I achieved was 14.7MPH as measured by a Garmin Fenix 3 GPS watch.  This would be much more accurate than the Ninebot app.

565be17741984_Garminride-1.thumb.PNG.1dd

Yeah from my tests the maximum speed where the tiltback starts is between 14 to 14.5 mph. The best sustained speed I was able to get was 13.8 mph, which looks like around what you got also between 4 and 8 minutes on that graph.

Archived