Kuji Pads on MTen3

FTW

I’m curious how many MTen3 owners have tried putting Kuji Pads (which seem like they wouldn’t fit between the lower and upper pads of the MTen3) or something similar on their wheel. While I’ve seen a lot of talk and pictures of painting MTen3s here on the forum, I’ve yet to see an MTen3 with custom padding applied (I think the only time I’ve seen some sort of custom padding was in the Electric Dreams YouTube review of the MTen3, and it looked like he just added a thin layer of neoprene over the upper pads). 

I’m almost 3 weeks into owning my MTen3 (which is my first wheel), and now that I’m feeling very comfortable (and thoroughly enjoying!!) doing all the routine forward and backward maneuvering on it, I’d like to start jumping with it a bit more, and would also like to have a little more grip/control for off-road riding, and I’m curious if other owners have found custom padding to help in this regard.

I’ve also torn through my lower pads pretty fast (especially the left one, since I usually hop on with my left foot to get going and it scrapes the pad... even though I’m smoother now, the damage has already been done 😢) and have used gaffer tape to temporarily hold the pads down and protect them from further abuse. I’m wondering if anybody has tried using their MTen3 without these lower pads. It also seems like if these pads were stripped away, it might be a little easier to attach something along the lines of Kuji pads. 

Edited by FTW

I tried to add the kuji rolls, but it messes up the ability to close the pedals severely do to a magnet being under the original pad. 

I like you also completely shredded the left pad, I had an old tempurpedic liner from a buddy that sells matress's and cut it to the same shape as oem ones, however I tapered the distal 1/3 portion to the foot pedals so the bottom pad gives some ankle grip for curb jumps. Padding addition makes the mten substantially more stable at high speeds with a cost in agility at low speeds. 

I'm in texas too! Nice to know I'm not the only Mten3 rider here. 

• Like 2

Mten is so light and reactive, I havent found a need to add pads to help control/jump it. The mten pads are mush soft crap, you are right on that one. My lower pads are coming apart, as I use them quite a bit on jumps and such. Once they are bad enough, I'll be making some of my own, or covering them with something. Good to know about the matress liners @zac.  It wont be too long before I have to take a harder look at what I'll use to replace mine.  Fwiw, theres a thread here somewhere that shows a few forum members ideas on customizing the mten. There's also the choice of buying replacement pads and covering them in something durable from the get go. I luv my mten so much, when i do finally kill it, I'll be looking for another sacrifice immediately thereafter.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1