How to remove speed protection on TG F3

I don't think that it is possible to remove the speed limit. It must be programmed in the microchip controller. Also the conduct that the unicycle starts tilt at the maximum of speed. The only thing you can do is too cut the beep sound or change the volume with a resistor.

Yes Gotway 14 is nice but much expensive with about 1350€.

I have also a TG T3 and for the beginning is this the best unicycle. The price with german customs is about 300€, so the price-performance ratio is great. My best speed was 15km/h, measured with gps. I ride it much in the forest or terrain, because it is much funnier and difficult. I only search for a new tyre with more profile.

Possibly you can recalibrate the TG T3 gyro? So you can tilt the pedals much forward in the initial position. If this is possible, it means, that it is more comfortable to ride higher speed because the pedals are not so much tilt backwards.

AFAIK, the speed limiter in every EU works on measuring the rotational speed of the wheel itself. So many rotations per second is so and so speed.

If you could hack into the software of the EU, you could probably set it at any speed you like, regardless if the EU could actually reach it powerwise.

AFAIK, the speed limiter in every EU works on measuring the rotational speed of the wheel itself. 

Who know's how the rotational speed of the wheel is exactly measured? E-Bikes can be tuned by changing the position of the magnet, which is on the rim of the wheel to measure the rotation. Alternatively, a resistor can be put into the wire which delivers the speed signal. So the software is being tricked into thinking it would run on a lower speed.

However, I think it would probably throw the balance out of control as the relation between balance and speed would be out of sync.

Archived