best fast charger for kingdom 16x

joeboots

I've got an older k16x that I use for longer rides. bought used for a grand, its case and handle are busted but it still rides great.  I've started using it to ride between my MIL's house in western MA the last stop on Metro North in wassaic NY to get to and from on the weekends when my wife and kids are staying there. It's about 45 miles. Turns out that while the 16x has plenty of juice to take me 45-50 miles down off the mountain with range to spare, riding uphill is another story. Climbing the mountain drained the battery to 0 before 40 miles. I charged it to 30% in about an hour at a cocktail stop, but it must have been a false 30% bc it wasn't enough to finish the last 6 miles of my journey.

So, what's the best fast charger for pit stop charging the 16x?

The 16x has a software limitation of about ~5.5amps (anything over and it will beep)

I've found that Eevee's Fast Charger Pro does a fantastic job at maximizing this, charging just under at 5.4A. 

Some of the specs include:

• Circuitry to protect your EUC battery during charging.
  • Tapering of current as your batteries approach full charge state.  
  • Smart display for the voltage level of your battery / charging amps to your battery. 
  • Automatic switch between 110v & 220v allowing you to use EV charging 
  • Two adapters so you can charge a variety of 84v EUCs.

It's going for about $79 right now, plus shipping. I definitely think it's the best bang for your buck charger out there. I've found it takes me just under 2 hours to go from 0-100. Anything below 80, and I can get away with a simple top off while stopped.

Of course, if you're planning to own multiple wheels, a variable fast charger might be a better option long term. As having a fixed voltage and amperage tends to limit the usefulness when dealing with a variety of different PEVs

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1