PIDZOOM FINGER HORN FH30: The WHEELERS PRO Review

OliG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/23/2024 at 9:35 AM, OliG said:

For bike paths, the sounds of the model I received can be a bit (too) aggressive for pedestrians. I know that the Pidzoom team was testing less aggressive sounds, similar to those of a classic bike bell. Having this "softer" choice in available sounds seems interesting (or even essential) to warn of your presence without assaulting the ears of the pedestrian who might accidentally be in your path 😜.

For bike paths I prefer the Finger Dinger - It's polite yet demands attention!

HTH,

Eric P.

Edited by Eric Pretorious
nuance

I’ve had a few of these, problem I have is that pedestrians don’t recognize its sound and ignore it. Now I use a FH60 and a finger bell. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skampster said:

I’ve had a few of these, problem I have is that pedestrians don’t recognize its sound and ignore it. Now I use a FH60 and a finger bell. 

100% agree. Pavlov’s pedestrians are a thing! I have a polite bike bell for paths and a %$&@ YOU horn for traffic. 

On 3/23/2024 at 12:35 PM, OliG said:

The horn sound is quite loud, even very loud depending on the chosen tone, especially at maximum level. However, to be heard on the road by car drivers, in very noisy environments, this could still be insufficient. Pidzoom is therefore working on a second model (FH60) even more powerful. This new model is in testing and should be released in April.

@OliG glad to hear they’re making a louder version with different sound options. The horn I use in traffic is 125 decibels and it gets drowned out still. Thank you for the very detailed review! 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, Eric Pretorious said:

For bike paths I prefer the Finger Dinger - It's polite yet demands attention!

HTH,

Eric P.

I think we agree on this. I use the "Finger Dinger" for bike path and trails outside the city.

The Pidzoom finger horn FH30 is more usefull in Paris, going to work during week when there is a lot of traffic, people on bike paths and noise. In that context the FH60 or even the FH90 could be interesting. I still need to test the FH60 but I found it too big for the S22 I mainly use. This big version would probably fit better on a Lynx or Sherman L handle.

Edited by OliG

On 10/5/2024 at 11:16 PM, Skampster said:

Agree.

Pedestrians recognize more easily the finger bell sound they are used to with bikes.

FH option is more usefull for cars (but in that case you must go for the FH60 or 90) and for tourists trying to cross the road randomly when light is green for bikes (and wheels) :) .

• Like 1