Got an eWheels Sherman OG / Sherman MAX charger - READ ME

MrEUCMan

I got one of these from eWheels:  https://www.ewheels.com/product/100-8v-8a-rapid-charger-gotway-msx-nikola-monster/

And one of these: https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-veteran-sherman-18-100v-3200wh-battery-2500w-motor/

Went to charge it last night, noticed the when I plugged it in, it felt a bit weird. But the wheel charged regardless, so everything is fine.

After the charging is done, I unplugged, stood the sherman upright and power it on. Everything seems ok, until I went to close the charging port. As I was closing the port, multiple sparks, and sherman shut down.

Sherman: Upon close examination, I saw a loose ping from the charger stuck in the sherman. I pulled it loose, powered on the sherman, rode it for about 10 miles, everything seems ok.

Charger:  I examined the charger, noticed that pin 3 was the one that came out. Being a  sunday and I need the wheel full charged tomorrow (I ride about 60 miles one-way to work every day), I decided to take a chance and see if I can repair the plug. After I opened the plug, I noticed that ping 3 was originally connected to NOTHING. This explains why it was so easily removed from the plug. I put the charging plug back and pulled my sherman, with a long extension cord, into the middle of the street where no one was around (not even cars). Hey, if this thing is going to explode, I don't like to take chances.

Plug it into port 1 - charging. A-OK.

Plug it into port 2 - charging. A-OK.

Huge THANK YOU to Veteran for a WELL DESIGNED wheel. When it detected a short, the wheel shut down and prevented any damange. Unlike Dualtron for example, that piece of shit scooter fries its battery when you short the charing port - ask me how I know.

Check your charger!

Edited by MrEUCMan
  • Like 1