Ask Me Any Inmotion V10F Questions

Marty Backe

Thanks you very much @Marty Backe for the review of that v10f. I waiting for the arrive of one for me when IM ship it. I have afraid of the pedals because size, maybe too wide. About the grip, I think, is provide by one hard rugged surface and other soft and flat, like a Velcro. With grip tape the soft soles sticks well but with rubber cover maybe you need a hard soles.

12487-p-4x.jpg&f=1tough-hiking-shoes-sole-17008591.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Thanks you very much @Marty Backe for the review of that v10f. I waiting for the arrive of one for me when IM ship it. I have afraid of the pedals because size, maybe too wide. About the grip, I think, is provide by one hard rugged surface and other soft and flat, like a Velcro. With grip tape the soft soles sticks well but with rubber cover maybe you need a hard soles.

12487-p-4x.jpg&f=1tough-hiking-shoes-sole-17008591.jpg

Although the pedals are extremely big (just about everyone agrees they could remove an inch - 2.5cm - from the width), they are so high that it seems near impossible to scrape them. The pedals are fantastic in every way except for the rubber.

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Although the pedals are extremely big (just about everyone agrees they could remove an inch - 2.5cm - from the width), they are so high that it seems near impossible to scrape them. The pedals are fantastic in every way except for the rubber.

Many thanks for the review @Marty Backe. Since the pedals are so high, would you say that it makes them more difficult or less comfortable for stepping on and off the wheel? I mean in city commute situation, where you have to get on and off frequently.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 4:39 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Is his name Duf? ;)

Although I don't have "Overheat Hill"  I do have Alligator Alley which would be a pretty interesting test for a V10F :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Duf said:

Although I don't have "Overheat Hill"  I do have Alligator Alley which would be a pretty interesting test for a V10F :)

Duf, I know I've encouraged you to return to Alligator Alley, but upon reflection I think you should stay away. One bite to the leg and you wouldn't even be able to ride out of there. At least bring a gun or something.

And you could always make a road trip/vacation to Georgia or something to test a wheel on some mountains.

7LPa.gif

On 4/22/2018 at 4:29 AM, Marty Backe said:

If you are good at mounting your wheel, then no. I had no difficulty stepping on or off the pedals even on difficult trails. But I am very good with my mounts (either foot, backwards or forwards, etc.). If you are uncomfortable stepping on your wheel now it will be worse with this wheel.

i’m not good at free mounting and yesterday i discovered another reason why the e+ pedals suck so bad. trying to be cute, the pedals are very loose and held in place by magnets instead of hinge friction. so i go to hop on and the pedal i’m shooting for is flopping like Bob’s ears. i miss the pedal obviously because it’s vertical and spin the damn wheel out with my left foot still on it. i hope they don’t try to make the pedals magnetic/loose like the e+. i’d rather have them stiff and locked down or up, no inbetween.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

All information provided is great.  I live in Seattle which has large hills.  My concern is how the V10f’s control going down a long steep grade?  Will I be able to stop if an inconsiderate motorist decides to pull out while I’m going 20/25 mph?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Big Dawg said:

All information provided is great.  I live in Seattle which has large hills.  My concern is how the V10f’s control going down a long steep grade?  Will I be able to stop if an inconsiderate motorist decides to pull out while I’m going 20/25 mph?

Thank you!

If you have the width of even a narrow sidewalk then you can slalom down, thereby greatly decreasing the apparent grade. Nothing in the book says you have to go in a straight line; in my opinion going slowly downhill (grinding) is quite unpleasant.

• 8 months later...

I have a question,  I have the v10F.  Have not been riding it very much, but that will change now that the weather is better.  One of the things I'm looking at is battery life.  I have not been recharging it each night so that I can get a feel for the battery.  Generally, I will ride about 5 miles a day on it.  This morning, before I started riding it, I looked at the app on my cell phone, it said that there was about 42 KM remaining range, around 50% of the battery usage.   When I got to work, looked down at the power indicator on the cycle and was surprised that it yellow-red (the last two power bars)  I looked at my app and it said I was about 48% of battery usage with around 40KM range left.  This afternoon, I rode it home, . . . really worried that it would run out of juice before i got home (because the indicator was yellow-red).  Made it home, and the app said the remaining range is like 35KM.  

The red-yellow indicator really freaks me out.  What I want to know is

1.  Two out of 5 bars tells me that there is 40% power left.  If I went 24 miles on three bars, does that mean I have another 16 miles (under the same riding conditions) before the battery is absolutely drained?

2.  Does the power just turn off when the battery dies while I'm riding, . . . . That could be a killer in traffic or somewhere awkward.

3.  I'm guessing going uphill uses more battery juice than on the flat, but what about going downhill?  Does it use more, less or the same as on the flat?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Robotuner said:

1.  Two out of 5 bars tells me that there is 40% power left.  If I went 24 miles on three bars, does that mean I have another 16 miles (under the same riding conditions) before the battery is absolutely drained?

Battery chemistry isn't an exact thing. Battery percentages are certainly not exact (and are usually not even actual percentages). Some vague lights are even far less exact. No idea how good the range-left prediction of the app is, I wouldn't trust it either:)

Don't worry too much about any numbers, the only way to test how far your wheel goes and what range is left at x% battery is to test it for yourself. Do that once (run your battery down from 100%) and you know for sure what range you have left at which battery percentage.

As for charging, there's no reason to not charge your wheel to 90% when you're home (and to 100% if you have the slightest suspicion you might want the range, but not charging to 100% every time can help the battery life). It's safer to ride at a fuller battery, and you get less speed reductions due to battery level (which the V10 is quite agressive at). Do not just charge when you're so empty you need to.

2.  Does the power just turn off when the battery dies while I'm riding, . . . . That could be a killer in traffic or somewhere awkward.

Hell, no! You get a low battery warning and the pedals will tilt back, forcing you to get off. The wheel will also reduce your top speed as the battery goes down, so you won't run into this at high speeds. It's all very gradual.

3.  I'm guessing going uphill uses more battery juice than on the flat, but what about going downhill?  Does it use more, less or the same as on the flat?

Going uphill needs surprisingly little extra power, because you also tend to go slower and the biggest power usage of a EUC is speed (wind resistance). There's not so much difference to simply going on flat ground.

Going downhill will recharge your battery - if you can ride up a hill or mountain till the wheel beeps and complains about low battery, you're guaranteed to be able to ride down the same route and the battery will be fuller at the end (not as full as you started, but definitely fuller).

• Upvote 1