Ask Me Any Inmotion V10F Questions

Marty Backe

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I can't see this happening. Overheat, maybe, that would be normal. But fail? That would be the exact opposite what we expect from a new Inmotion wheel.

When I was doing my first routine check of my V8's mainboard the other day I did notice it had a 30A fuse. I had no idea the was a fuse in the circuit. If the V10 is also fused then it is possible it might pop on BrokeBacke mountain.

@Bobwheel...does the V10 have a fuse protected mainboard?

Edited by WARPed1701D

:blink:  I hope this doesn't mean that the plans for MartyWorldTM  in Florida are going to be shelved?  I had the whole theme-park layout drafted up in my mind!  Imagine Westworld meets Disneyworld meets Amsterdam but with electric unicycles!  And more sex!  :dribble:  Electric unicycles Marty!!  Electric unicycles!!! 

Just keep in mind the disappointment when all of our shareholders hear that the small cow petting zoo is not going ahead.  :cry2:  meeps was so looking forward to that part of the park. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

When I was doing my first routine check of my V8's mainboard the other day I did notice it had a 30A fuse. I had no idea the was a fuse in the circuit. If the V10 is also fused then it is possible it might pop on BrokeBacke mountain.

For well designed electronics fuses are nothing bad - just an additional safety measure. Hardware failures can and will always happen - there is no 100% quality control possible. Especially in consumer products. Also cpu/firmware "hickups" (by emc,...) can happen...

With the energy of the liion accu packs i'm quite happy about fuses in Wheels!

Just the earlier ks16 (imho KS16B had the prob that a capacitor leg had the tendency to break which lead to blown fuses once higher loads happened.

I can't really remember hearing other reports of blown fuses beside this ks design prob?

Anyhow - quite certainly the electronics would be bricked very shortly after the fuse blows. So it is at least neutral for us drivers.

So if the V10 is fused and the fuse should  blow while @Marty Backe goes up the hill inmotion has the chance to do some forensics and improve the design.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Marty Backe as long as we have known each other I have never seen you post a suboptimal  review or video presentation. You possess the outstanding  qualities of a seasoned journalist that includes curiosity, honesty, fearlessness, loyalty, kindness, trustworthyness, passion and tenacity!  Your going to hit this review out of the park!  :thumbup:

Wow, thanks for those very nice words Dan. I really appreciate it :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love and @meepmeepmayer - did you guys skip your med's today?

:laughbounce2:

We are not off our meds, we are off our wheels! That's the problem - GWWS, grave wheel withdrawal syndrome (it's easy to even remotely diagnose, for example if people post here a lot or unusually instead of just being away, riding, despite perfect summer weather, for example:efee8c29ce:).

Unsuitable weather or wheel inavailability due to hardware failure is what makes us live vicariously through people who have neither embarassment and are nice enough to make interesting and informative videos of their rides, so good indeed that manufacturers will loan them wheels for marketing purposes:efee8319ab: And the Backe brand is indeed the best wheel related brand at the moment, so what we do is only natural.

Really looking forward to your V10F video and to see what a wide-stance Gotway rider like you thinks of it (also, it seems very mountain capable, which is :efeeec645d:).

--

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love You got it all wrong. The cow petting zoo is in "Marty's Alpine Alm Adventure" (location pending, but 90% chance of Austria). You know they won't let us have petting zoos in Florida after the alligator stuff happened.
Also your seemingly agreeable current tone won't let my lawyers forget your earlier insubordinations. Just saying.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling and grammar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Marty Backe It would be nice to see what the wheel is like in wet conditions if you could simulate that. I'm mainly interested in the degree of grippyness of the pedals when wet but also what consequence the lack of a mudguard might have for one's backside.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 17/04/2018 at 1:48 AM, Marty Backe said:

If you have specific questions I may be able to address them in my video review.

Hello Marty, good to know you will be able to test it out !

A test I like to get for safety, is how hard the wheel can brake with different speed. If you could make some quick data for 20 - 30 - 40km/h it would be really great.

• Like 1

One more. Ride feel against a regular16" wheel (2.125 tire) and a regular 18" wheel (2.5 tire). Does the V10 feel like an 18" as previously hinted. Do you feel to can absorb potholes and imperfections with the same ability as, say, the mSuper or is more like riding and ACM?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

One more question. Does the headlight have a beam cutoff to avoid blinding oncoming traffic?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Are you talking about physical beam shaping (hood, etc) or something electronic?

14 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

One more. Ride feel against a regular16" wheel (2.125 tire) and a regular 18" wheel (2.5 tire). Does the V10 feel like an 18" as previously hinted. Do you feel to can absorb potholes and imperfections with the same ability as, say, the mSuper or is more like riding and ACM?

I am sure Marty will test and provide a more comprehensive answer but I just wanted to note that yes v10 does feel more like a 18” wheel. But the feel is not only due to the fatter tire but more so due to the size/ dimensions  and weight of the wheel and the points where the force is applied by the rider to control the turns. Thats what many refer to as the 18” feel

when I rode it I switched from msuper to v10 and back and msuper still felt more like an 18” , v10 had a  18” -ish feel. Somewhere in between 16 and 18 inch. It’s hard for me to comment on absorbingbyhe shock from obstacles as I’m not sure how the tire pressures compared to be objective 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not sure I understand this question. Are you talking about physical beam shaping (hood, etc) or something electronic?

No not electronic, usually a shaped reflector would be enough but I'm not asking you to disect the wheel. Basically, if it is dark and you point the light towards a wall does it produce an even dispersal pattern in all directions or is there a definite cut off in the beam in the upper area. Much like a car headlamp illuminates only the ground but not the sky so as to not blind oncoming traffic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I am sure Marty will test and provide a more comprehensive answer but I just wanted to note that yes v10 does feel more like a 18” wheel. But the feel is not only due to the fatter tire but more so due to the size/ dimensions  and weight of the wheel and the points where the force is applied by the rider to control the turns. Thats what many refer to as the 18” feel

when I rode it I switched from msuper to v10 and back and msuper still felt more like an 18” , v10 had a  18” -ish feel. Somewhere in between 16 and 18 inch. It’s hard for me to comment on absorbingbyhe shock from obstacles as I’m not sure how the tire pressures compared to be objective 

This is what I suspected. It feels in between the two which make sense. From measuring side by side images I determined the diameter of the V10 tire is equivalent to the V8 plus the width of the V8's visible sidewall again (which is just over an inch).

I'm also surprised this wasn't sold as a 17" wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/20/2018 at 9:55 AM, WARPed1701D said:

This is what I suspected. It feels in between the two which make sense. From measuring side by side images I determined the diameter of the V10 tire is equivalent to the V8 plus the width of the V8's visible sidewall again (which is just over an inch).

I'm also surprised this wasn't sold as a 17" wheel.

InMotion did the right thing. If the wheel is 16 inches; than it’s a 16” wheel regardless of the overall size of the tire.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:43 AM, thefork said:

@Marty Backe It would be nice to see what the wheel is like in wet conditions if you could simulate that. I'm mainly interested in the degree of grippyness of the pedals when wet but also what consequence the lack of a mudguard might have for one's backside.

I rode the V10f today and I can say the rubber on the pedals feels grippy to me wet. I got right down eye level with the pedals and had a good "feel" of the material, the give, etc. These pedals are the new standard IMO. Inmotion really hit it out of the park with these high, giant(!) pedals. This baby feels like a premium machine to me, solid, heavy and slim while you ride noticeably higher than you're used to. Very top shelf IMO.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1