MCM5 GOTWAY First ride

Not sure if it's your camera, but the pedals seem really low. Like the perspective, though, you see a lot. What camera is it?

The GW logo is not red (also no red air intakes)? Are there different color options? Looks better in mostly black!

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure if it's your camera, but the pedals seem really low. Like the perspective, though, you see a lot. What camera is it?

The GW logo is not red (also no red air intakes)? Are there different color options? Looks better in mostly black!

Hello!  My camera is a Gopro Fusion (360 camera).  I think the perspective made the pedals look lower.  Actually, they're not low at all.  BTW, pedals are the same as Tesla's.  

I don't know what the other color options are.  I think I got the darker one.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The prototypes had the red highlights. After getting negative feedback Gotway wisely (IMO) changed to the silver highlights. There are no color options.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The prototypes had the red highlights. After getting negative feedback Gotway wisely (IMO) changed to the silver highlights. There are no color options.

Maybe this good looking wheel will be a contender for best off-road EUC, with the 14" wheel and the motor with (nearly) double the wattage of the KS14S.

I'd love to see this wheel go head to head with a V10F on some trails. Not necessarily a video from you, but just somewhere in the world. What a great time to be an EUC fan.

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Not to be negative about Gotway, but it’s not clear to me why they didn’t realize the red accents wouldn’t be liked, even before they got the feedback.

im also not the biggest fan of the somewhat cheap looking plastic piece on the front of the wheel, but I would shut up if only gotway gave us a somewhat bigger battery in there, just go over 800wh mark and I will spring for this wheel. Let’s hope they get enough feedback to try and stick a few more cells in there

13 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Not to be negative about Gotway, but it’s not clear to me why they didn’t realize the red accents wouldn’t be liked, even before they got the feedback.

im also not the biggest fan of the somewhat cheap looking plastic piece on the front of the wheel, but I would shut up if only gotway gave us a somewhat bigger battery in there, just go over 800wh mark and I will spring for this wheel. Let’s hope they get enough feedback to try and stick a few more cells in there

Actually more as 800wh does not fit into the MCM5.

40cells on the "non board side" and 20 cells above.....in the Moment they only offer this 20s3p with 2900mah cells = 650wh, seams to be a shortage in 3500mah cells....

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

Actually more as 800wh does not fit into the MCM5.

40cells on the "non board side" and 20 cells above.....in the Moment they only offer this 20s3p with 2900mah cells = 650wh, seams to be a shortage in 3500mah cells....

Yeah I suspected it doesn’t fit, otherwise they would have done it already. I don’t know why but I’m still hoping.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can you imagine how it rides with a 1500w motor?  it looks promising! Marty Backe needs to review this wheel, I believe he has ordered one.

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

Can you imagine how it rides with a 1500w motor?  it looks promising! Marty Backe needs to review this wheel, I believe he has ordered one.

That's what I'm excited about and why I ordered one (the MCM4 didn't offer anything over the KS14S).

I'm waiting for @Jason McNeil's slow boat from China to arrive.

After a slow start, the MCM5 looks fast and nimble!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I've just tested its speed limits today.  I heard the continuous beep (80% power reached) when I was 25 mph (41 kmh).  Battery was at 90%. I'm 210 pounds, 6.2.  

This wheel is impressive.  So fast for the size.  Very nimble!  And It din't wobble at all!!!!!

36 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

FYI, I've just tested its speed limits today.  I heard the continuous beep (80% power reached) when I was 25 mph (41 kmh).  Battery was at 90%. I'm 210 pounds, 6.2.  

This wheel is impressive.  So fast for the size.  Very nimble!  And It din't wobble at all!!!!!

wow, thats very impressive. I can imagine that someone little lighter could hit 27-28 mph.

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

wow, thats very impressive. I can imagine that someone little lighter could hit 27-28 mph.

It's absolutely impressive for a 14inch wheel.  It's easy to cruise at 21mph (for a 210 pounds guy)....

I remember back when I had mcm3, I was cursing at 30 km/h hearing all bibs..... my first fall was at 32-33km/h.

that was my first wheel and absolutely loved it, for portability and easy of moving around it. I had 320wh. Only.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Doesn't even look like the Gotway people stand on a wheel as part of the "testing". They just push it back and fourth a couple times and check the headlight.

Archived