Best Off-road wheel

LEO_LEO

What do you think is the most suitable wheel ranking for off-roading? In particular the most suitable to climb slopes very strong and have a strong engine brake to go down relaxed without the wheel complaining, all at relatively low speeds?  ...and at the same a wheel no too heavy, no too slow, and no too easy to scratch or break   (...the best mix of trial and cross wheel) 

It might be the V10F now. 

Nimble 16" wheel size but still relatively fat 2.5" wide. 16" wheel and slim body means the wheel can easily navigate bumps/rocks/potholes in the trail that bigger wheels are not agile enough to avoid

Highest pedal height of any EUC

Biggest pedals of any EUC for remaining on the wheel through difficult conditions

Highest rated max incline angle at 30 degrees, though this will be tested by riders

Advanced cooling to delay overheating on long hills

Probably great/best braking power in an EUC, since hill climbing ability probably translates to braking ability/down hill stopping ability

19 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Nimble 16" wheel size but still relatively fat 2.5" wide. 16" wheel and slim body means the wheel can easily navigate bumps/rocks/potholes in the trail that bigger wheels are not agile enough to avoid

I’ve certainly not tried that wheel yet, but I was astonished how well the IPS LHotz handled rough rocky and loose ground with its wide tyre. Of course it is an earlier generation wheel with neither the power or range of the V10F, so I would fully expect the V10 to be great off-road.

11 hours ago, Keith said:

I’ve certainly not tried that wheel yet, but I was astonished how well the IPS LHotz handled rough rocky and loose ground with its wide tyre. Of course it is an earlier generation wheel with neither the power or range of the V10F, so I would fully expect the V10 to be great off-road.

The Lhotz is fantastic off-road... And I think the new MSuper X may be like a more powerful, scaled up version!

Having said that, we have to wait to see how well the Gotway shell stands up to the challenge... So far my Lhotz has proved to be indestructible.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@The Fat Unicyclist so when are you ordering that new Msuper X?   :w00t2:

It's a 16S / 18L / V10F / MS X3 decision... 

Unless there's a way to get them all?   ;)

14 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Biggest pedals of any EUC for remaining on the wheel through difficult conditions

...mmm... I don't like large pedals, I like the gt16 design, I think is the best shape for offroad pathways. (I use velcro streeps on the ankles to avoid slipping)

On 4/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, Scouts Honor said:

Highest pedal height of any EUC

Highest rated max incline angle at 30 degrees, though this will be tested by riders

Advanced cooling to delay overheating on long hills

Probably great/best braking power in an EUC, since hill climbing ability probably translates to braking ability/down hill stopping ability

ya, i’m getting excited. the more i look at the specs, and conpare it to my 18s, the v10f might be much better in the pasture. high pedals is huge on my terrain. more power than my 18s in the same width but 16” wheel, sb a torque monster.

I use v5f for all purposes, mostly off road. It climb good enough for my light weight and the braking is stronger than the grip in most cases. Had high pedals, light weight, good materials and some kind of water and dust protection.

The scratches comes obvious due the glossy shell, the handle is little loose and they are other euc with better numbers in his price.

Actually I looking for a v10 but probably I keep using my v5f for commuting and freestyle. Also some journeys with my v5f hand lifted before climb stairs or rocks maybe impossible with the v10 (8kg extra makes the euc weight 1/3 of myself :efee96588e:)

PicsArt_04-14-01_00_54.png.45c500857786ef8109ff332ae074af48.png5a2928a571ade_IMG_20170413_1527159042.thumb.jpg.4ff0d6393310c674a424001453e9052e.jpg

@Demargon, great video (and great rider),  the right spirit  :cheers:  

I use the gt16, I  like its agility and pedals position, but I am more than 90 kg ant gt16 does not like my weight (as all the wheels i suppose :D1.jpg.2ebb085c31bce6f9906025f49a250fa2.jpg3.jpg.3cbaa5b401f1eabb1ea8fa3b9cfec6ce.jpg

2.jpg

Archived