Short Review of the V10F

Jason McNeil

11 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Whats your take on quickness of the wheel?

I'm sure there's a massive safety margin between the 40kph & the potential max that the Wheel is capable of attaining. I'm not a speed daemon, but I do enjoy riding close to the limiter on a open stretch from time-to-time :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the review @Jason McNeil. Any info about the mudguard? Will it be small rubber additional thing like on V5, or is the shell constructed in such way that there is no need for it? In your photo of the rear side there is some visible dirt obviously deposited there by the tire.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the review Jason, you didn't put RANGE down in either the like or dislike column. Well, i should more accurately mean RANGE CLAIMS. Is the motor somehow more efficient given the claims or do you find it typical as far as a EUC of this battery capacity, 680WH=max 43mi, 960WH=max 55-62. Did you find yourself getting about that in the flat lands of Florida? Seems kinda high to me.

Capture.JPG.fba6735c2e11ad94d8b6a8bc4ac5e0de.JPG

Glossy black is poor color choice for any EUC. It looks great out of the box but turns to awful mess after few scratches. V10 would have been much better served with matte black finish.

Great write-up Jason :thumbup:

Having the speed limiter kick in at 40% is too bad, but yes, it's understandable from Inmotion's perspective. Does it keep getting slower as the battery drains more?

How is the tire valve access?

Too bad you live in flatland and can't tell us how it handles hills and such.

Do the sides of the shell hit high on the legs like the Tesla (which I'm not a fan of)?

• Like 1

Very nice review, Jason, as always. The cons seem minor. Sounds like a very good quality, use friendly, solid and reliable wheel overall. Not the fastest out there, but fast enough for city riding with good safety margin. Cant go wrong with the large pedals! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great write-up Jason :thumbup:

Having the speed limiter kick in at 40% is too bad, but yes, it's understandable from Inmotion's perspective. Does it keep getting slower as the battery drains more?

How is the tire valve access?

Too bad you live in flatland and can't tell us how it handles hills and such.

Do the sides of the shell hit high on the legs like the Tesla (which I'm not a fan of)?

Actually the Speed limiting is not kicking in on 40%....It directly starts degrading from full battery on:

34,2 kmh on 76,3 Volt...This voltage in percentage would be 55-65%

32kmh on 73,5 Volt ....about 40%

29kmh on 71,2Volt.....about 20%

info provided by Inmotion in the other thread:

image.png.d1d4dfeac1a9084de9f2fbb46a054d9b.png

Safety Management by Inmotion! Not bad from Safety perspective.... ;-)

•  
Edited by US69
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

V10 Product page is now Live, will be Developed more over the next week or two. Sorry @houseofjob, will get to the other questions tomorrow....

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-inmotion-v10-v10f/ 

Ha! No worries, it's better for everyone and the state of EUC / PEV if you are a bit too busy to respond, instead of parking all day on the forums with nothing better to do! :D (plus you answered some of my questions on the eWheels product page anyways~)

Jason, you've answered my question about range on your product review which seems much more realistic. Official V10F product specs show 55-62m, you estimate about 38m. And in yesterday's Official InMotion Facebook Range test, judging from Jeff's route, from Redondo Beach Pier to the end of the path at Malibu and back to Marina Del Rey, that's about 30m with between 1-2 bars left when they lost connection. I'd say that's about 38m. Good estimate!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Jason, you've answered my question about range on your product review which seems much more realistic. Official V10F product specs show 55-62m, you estimate about 38m. And in yesterday's Official InMotion Facebook Range test, judging from Jeff's route, from Redondo Beach Pier to the end of the path at Malibu and back to Marina Del Rey, that's about 30m with between 1-2 bars left when they lost connection. I'd say that's about 38m. Good estimate!

An earlier live  range test by Jeff clocked up 39.25 miles until tilt back and shutdown over a variety of So. Cal. terrain with a lot of stop and starting over a 6 hour period. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, US69 said:

Actually the Speed limiting is not kicking in on 40%....It directly starts degrading from full battery on:

34,2 kmh on 76,3 Volt...This voltage in percentage would be 55-65%

32kmh on 73,5 Volt ....about 40%

29kmh on 71,2Volt.....about 20%

info provided by Inmotion in the other thread:

image.png.d1d4dfeac1a9084de9f2fbb46a054d9b.png

Safety Management by Inmotion! Not bad from Safety perspective.... ;-)

•  

Is this typical where power/max speed is lowered as the battery depletes or is this an inmotion thing? My friend who owns a Tesla Car says he only notices power (acceleration) dropping when he gets below 30%. 

47 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Tesla certainly has the same range as the V10. Much faster and no speed throttling at 40% battery. All I'm saying is the Tesla is competitive with the V10.

Absolutly! Beside the bit wider tire no need for Tesla/ACM 84v  owners to think about it....regarding the fact that it directly starts throttling speed and so  is faster only on 100-60% battery than a ks16s...i even dont see that mich need for these wheel owners for an upgrade.

I am personally interested to see the board upgrades on the Msuper X....if they are as good as on the Monster 100V (new board, 6 fat mosfets, new connectors on board) the Msuper x will be my wheel to go this year....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The Tesla certainly has the same range as the V10. Much faster and no speed throttling at 40% battery. All I'm saying is the Tesla is competitive with the V10.

Well I think the main reason the Tesla is no longer competitive is because of the 1600wh ACM2. Don't you agree ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1