Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

4 hours ago, Hatchet said:

You sure the render isn't just a mirror image of the comparison shot? The vents on the front are reversed too aren't they?

Am I off base? It looks like a mirror image to me, but I'm tired, ha.

You're correct the rendering is a complete mirror image (or the other side of the wheel)... EXCEPT for the pad, which is not mirrored.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this video posted by Lukas Gotway on the 26th April to Facebook, the pads have been fitted the same as shown in these more recent renders. This is obviously opposite to the way they were fitted to the original demo model shown in the photos at the beginning of this thread. All that is known is that this lady was videoed riding the Msuper X in Shenzhen, so not sure really if she owns it or is just testing it.

10 minutes ago, fbhb said:
In this video posted by Lukas Gotway on the 26th April to Facebook, the pads have been fitted the same as shown in these more recent renders. This is obviously opposite to the way they were fitted to the original demo model shown in the photos at the beginning of this thread. All that is known is that this lady was videoed riding the Msuper X in Shenzhen, so not sure really if she owns it or is just testing it.

But it looks backwards...

Just now, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But it looks backwards...

Yep, I totally agree. The shape of the pads fit the curve of the shell correctly in the original photos. In the renders and this video the wider part of the pad may be better placed pointing forward, but then the shape of the pad looks all wrong with the curve of the shell. A redesign of the pads is in order I reckon, as fitted this way round they look like an afterthought. The other way around, the narrower part of the pad is in the position where you would want to grip the wheel, so it makes no sense at all.

Left, right, left, right, as you want, with a little double-sided tape ? but the pedals can no longer be swapped (if you prefer to have your feet apart), because of the shape of the new shell.

Here is the extreme position of the legs, after a jump ... unreasonable.

MSX-saut.JPG.75ebb0d979234c9b5d456f3ea89a4315.JPG

12 hours ago, Leonte Mihai said:

First of all, this is not a lady, but she is a beautiful Chinese girl, and no, she can not have the Msuper X, but only test it, for now. And I noticed that none of you detected the mudguard. The pad is well fitted both forward and back, thanks to the asymmetric forms of Msuper X. And guys do not make stupid observations, but positive and constructive ommentaries. Think that Gotway reads and takes note of the discusions and commentaries, again,  of this forum. So say loud and clear how you want the Msuper X, and Gotway will do it for you. Remember, Gotway listens the customers...............

I love this wheel... But i like that wheels can play music.... 

33 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Wow that is pretty ugly.  I have a feeling they had a Russian designer for this one.  It's got that Russian square utility look.

Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. :D 

Not that GW is anywhere near the gelendvagen though..

2 hours ago, Leonte Mihai said:

The side pad is already totally worn out, on a wheel with a few miles, not cool Gotway, you have to fix it.

Does anyone really know how many miles are on it? I saw a post in Facebook by Gotway that said the wheel was a development wheel that had seen lots of abuse.

Well sure she's uh..not ..(*cough!*) ..not much to look at, okay. 

But she's real powerful and c'mon, what man doesn't dream of a nice big tire on his wheel, be honest now! You fellas in the back, you know what i'm talkin' about!:efee8319ab:

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Does anyone really know how many miles are on it? I saw a post in Facebook by Gotway that said the wheel was a development wheel that had seen lots of abuse.

From all the videos shown so far, it does look to be the same wheel that was actually seen in one video being dropped going up those steps at night and also seen dropping off walls and the like. A good number of riders seem to have been shown in videos riding/testing the same development wheel, but what we don't see too often is the massive amount of abuse/drops some most likely at speed too. If torn pads is the only extent of the damage after all these different riders have thrown everything they can at it, I for one, will be more than happy to stump up the cash for a production version.

13 hours ago, Leonte Mihai said:

The side pad is already totally worn out, on a wheel with a few miles, not cool Gotway, you have to fix it.

actually nah i'm an idiot

Each pack has 60 (3x20) cells and is the same size and weight, both 650Wh and 800Wh. Not sure how big/heavy though. Should be around 2.8 kg, and maybe 29x13x5cm (these are estimates from looking the shell, didn't open my wheel).

Maybe @Jason McNeil has one lying around for a quick measurement?

I know pretty much nothing about building battery packs. But it's not easy.

You need the BMS (if you connect it with other battery packs, it's best when all have the same BMS, I believe) and you have to somehow weld the connections between the cells (spot welding?).

Maybe start a thread in the DIY section and people who have done this before can tell you how they did it.

@Leonte Mihai I disassembled my ACM today and measured the pack, it is 30 x 14 x 3.5 cm (30cm may be 30.1 or 30.2 exactly). 2 layers of 2x15 cells each for 60 total. Because they are stacked, it's not rectangular, but with angled ends. Measurements also do not include the glue foam stuf at both ends which maybe needs 1cm more length.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived