Max Weight Limit

Slartibartfast

19 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

found placing my feet such that my toes extend quite a distance over the front of the peddles helps

Actually that is a "normal" or most usual Position. Most of the riders have there toes at about 10cm in front of the pedal. So you are doing nothing unusual here.

Feet getting tired and hurt ...or calves beeing pushed by the sidepads is a normal newbie Problem.

When you drive longer and have more experience you wont have any Problems todo longer rides. As expert you are even able to Reposition your feet on the pedals while driving and your calves dont Need to touch the sidepads anymore. Comes all with more experience, but as you allready have done such a impressive mileage in the first days i would think you will be there very soon! :-) Nice Report!!!

Btw.: Most of us set the audible alarms to a higher Speed, for example 0 0 33 35... or 30 30 33 35

When you hear them, then you now it is time to to not accelerate any further! I guess it is a bit annoying crusing at 25kmh and Hearing the 20kmh 2 beep warning all the time?

Keep on riding and have fun!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, US69 said:

I guess it is a bit annoying crusing at 25kmh and Hearing the 20kmh 2 beep warning all the time?

At the moment I actually like the beep and try to keep the wheel cruising with a constant beeping. Possibly after a time I will find it irritating but for now it makes me feel like I'm in the zone. If I were to set the notification to 25 it would no doubt keep coming and going which I suspect I would find more annoying but who knows, I might try it after a time.

Another thing about the beeps is that there are frequently people on the paths I ride and given these wheels are so quiet I like to think the beeps kind of act as a bell to warn people that I am coming. Of course if someone hasn't seen me I'll slow down to a lot less than 20 km/h to pass them (you know, I don't want to actually scare people) but for general cruising I actually like the idea of having a bell chime as I roll.

By the way, I've actually ordered a Runbell (or at least a cheep Chinese knockoff of a Runbell) with which I intend to make my presents known one it arrives, but for now cruising with the warning bell chiming is working out well :efee47c9c8:

Great you're enjoying your wheel so much! Your mileage is indeed impressive! And it seems you learn fast:efefae4566:

About the runbell, I always say the same when that thing is mentioned: I hope you like having your finger ripped off in what would otherwise be an unconsequential fall. Because that's what scares the **** out of me with this. Ever since stuff in my pocket (phone, power bank) made simple falls much worse (nice leg bruises) I'm sensitized to such possibilities:eff05cf9bc:

Archived