GotWay Monster 100 Volt Unboxing, Review and Spin Test

Long time no post, hope this one won't disappoint you!
We at EUC.NYC just got 3 out of the total of 15 units produced so far of 100V GotWay Monster (22" for those who aren't in the know).

We didn't waste any time and the Unboxing and Review videos are up on our YouTube channel (please support us by liking and subscribing).

SPOILER ALERT: Free spin test speed has turned out to be 52.9 mph (with battery half-empty).

:w00t2: I like the new motor cable connector mounts to the PCB!  It looks like Gotway is improving with each new model.  I wonder if they are screwed onto the control board or just soldered on.  I think I see some solder flux around the base there.  I wish we had some close-ups of the MOSFETs or some part numbers. 

I'd love to see a Marty Backe stress test on this baby.  Monster 100V vs Marty Backe.  Taking bets on who's gonna win climbing some steep hills! 

4 minutes ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

But, what's the motor watt? 

Announced with 2000Watt...

Most impressive to me:

Finally GW did some board design changes!

New motor wires connectors, AND finally they got back to a „serious“ 6 Mosfet system, hopefully good enough to withstand the stress.

Capacitors changed their positions, also there seams to be a 3rd capacitor...(like on the S Series)....

Good job GW!

There is hoping that there is space for some extra batt. next to the 1845wh. But Gotway said there currently isn't a chip inside this Monster(2) that support more than 1845wh batt. So I wonder how they will be able to enhance it for future Monsters with (possible) extra batt. capacity. Because the space is already there for adding some extra packs. 

Just wondering how it all rolls out.

3 hours ago, US69 said:

AND finally they got back to a „serious“ 6 Mosfet system, hopefully good enough to withstand the stress.

Really, 6 but better mosfets? Great!

1 hour ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

There is hoping that there is space for some extra batt. next to the 1845wh. But Gotway said there currently isn't a chip inside this Monster(2) that support more than 1845wh batt. So I wonder how they will be able to enhance it for future Monsters with (possible) extra batt. capacity. Because the space is already there for adding some extra packs. 

100V = 24S, so any extra capacity would have to come in a extra pack(s) of 24 cells. There isn't space for such a big pack anywhere.

Thats why the batteries don't fill out the entire space they're in. In the video, you can see the leftover yellow glue tape in the free space where the physically bigger 84V 800Wh battery would fit in exactly.

The 84V Monster has 3*20=60 cells in each of the 3 packs (for 2400Wh, 1600Wh is 2 packs) for 777Wh ("800"Wh) per pack. The 100V Monster has 2*24 = 48 cells per pack, which makes 620Wh per pack = 1860Wh total. They literally couldn't fit in 3*24 = 72 cells, that's why the battery capacity of the 100V Monster is smaller, they had no other choice but to go from 3*20 to 2*24 because 3*24 does not work.

So don't expect a bigger capacity 100V Monster from Gotway, they'd have to change their shell for that to accommodate three bigger 72 cell packs in there.

Maybe you could mod more capacity yourself, but even then it's geometrically challenging. The smallest extra unit to work with is half the size of one battery in the 100V Monster.

7 hours ago, US69 said:

Announced with 2000Watt...

Most impressive to me:

Finally GW did some board design changes!

New motor wires connectors, AND finally they got back to a „serious“ 6 Mosfet system, hopefully good enough to withstand the stress.

Capacitors changed their positions, also there seams to be a 3rd capacitor...(like on the S Series)....

Good job GW!

We were told by our GotWay rep that the nominal motor power is 2500 Watt - max is between 5000 and 6000 Watt.

(But the same nominal motor spec has been shared for 84V Monster...)

All the math is too much for me to handle, lol. 

In general, when you compare the new model to the previous 2400wh Monster: should the new 100v Monster have the same capacity in terms of Speed and milage when comparing to the 2400wh older model? Let's just say, in a 'smaller (batt.) package'? Keeping in mind that it's not fully tested/ reviewed yet. 

I would say 100v, it is lighter than the 2400wh model,  motor has more power over the 84v model. Cables have been improved. It's more advanced in my opinion. I just hope it doesn't have problems riding up steep hills.

7 hours ago, Edddeus said:

I would say 100v, it is lighter than the 2400wh model,  motor has more power over the 84v model. Cables have been improved. It's more advanced in my opinion. I just hope it doesn't have problems riding up steep hills.

Since I just completed my longest single charge ride of over 70 miles on my 84v 2400wh Monster with the new board(old board fried do to hill),(see @Marty Backe video),I offer my services to test the new 100v Monster on the same hill if anyone needs a beta tester!:D

Hey, so what are your impressions on the 100V. How does it compare to the 84v models? 

Does it feel alot different to the 84v models? We need feedback! 

?

I have ordered one.  

The long wait for it to arrive won't be. I currently have no wheels having got rid of the Tesla, Kingsong KS18 and Gotway M Super V3s. I hope I won't be dissapointed. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, habib.qamberi said:

do you guys know the RPMs of the motor. as well as the amps

You are going to need to ask a WAY more specific question than that. do you actually mean the Kv of the motor or what? Or are you referring to some specific speed?

The RPM is dead easy to work out :

• turn whatever speed you are referring to into feet per minute divide that by Pi x diameter of the tyre (in feet) and that is your RPM!

Amps is also a “how long is a piece of string” question. Do you mean cruising, maximum power, average or what?

I’m pretty certain sustained and maximum power in Watts is available for this wheel, divide power by voltage to get Amps.

Archived