In the news...

Circuitmage

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

On reading the article it seems that is you set the V8 tiltback to 25kph (only a few less than it can actually do) it would remain compliant. How do they test the max speed? Otherwise it is certainly small and light enough. It is a shame they won't let you on roads with it.

Yup. I'll be setting (via app) the max. speed of my wheels to 25 kph ... and pray it qualifies as a compliant device. I can only show my app's setting if asked for max. speed of device. However, based on the official document, it seems to indicate only a device's innate max. speed is 25 kph max. will be considered compliant. Whatever it is, I'll be trying my luck now with a 25 kph setting for both wheels and hope for the best. Regardless, it'll be so damn boring to cruise at that speed. Might as well ride bicycle. Even faster and can go onto the roads!

PMD criteria.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Yup. I'll be setting (via app) the max. speed of my wheels to 25 kph ... and pray it qualifies as a compliant device. I can only show my app's setting if asked for max. speed of device. However, based on the official document, it seems to indicate only a device's innate max. speed is 25 kph max. will be considered compliant. Whatever it is, I'll be trying my luck now with a 25 kph setting for both wheels and hope for the best. Regardless, it'll be so damn boring to cruise at that speed. Might as well ride bicycle. Even faster and can go onto the roads!

PMD criteria.jpg

Then you can argue that cars are capable of illegal speeds, and cause a lot of deaths. Human powered bikes can go very fast too.

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ninebot_Sticker_Muster_Donut-web.jpg

More manufacturers should come up with custom shrink wrap themes for EUCs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Treehugger linked to an Indiegogo film project on the future of transportation. Maybe someone from Bay Area can cameo; (just pledge $500).  ?

B-roll sample footage shows electric unicycle about 6 seconds in... Hopefully more footage will make it into the final documentary. :popcorn:

is that @Marty Backe?

18 minutes ago, novazeus said:

is that @Marty Backe?

:blink:  This "B Roll" footage was strange because in half the scenes traffic drove on the wrong side, including that guy masquerading as me ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:blink:  This "B Roll" footage was strange because in half the scenes traffic drove on the wrong side, including that guy masquerading as me ;)

it was u, don’t be modest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RayRay said:

That was parallel universe Marty. (He drives on the left and has a goatee.) ?

:laughbounce2:

hieronymusburps_bigger.jpgHieronymus Burps @hieronymus_burp
FollowFollow @hieronymus_burp
More

I know it's better than them driving but every time i see someone on an electric unicycle i reaaaallly want to clothesline them

10:07 AM - 10 May 2018

•  

there's a bunch of kinds of now. sometimes you stand on little platforms on either side of the wheel and sometimes the wheel is in the middle of a skateboard and you stand it astride accordingly, and i hate them all irrationally b/c its always some dotcom booger on them

From a recent article at Curbed.com titled: Scooters could solve a big urban mobility issue—if startups listen

This country has become so desensitized to cars and all their negative impacts that when something else is introduced, it’s easy to fixate on—or make fun of—whatever is new.

E-unicycles are only mentioned indirectly while referencing the Have a Go website; which sells them apparently (links to ewheels if you want to buy some!). However, the article advocates various lightweight electric vehicles (LEVs) at a time when there appears to be something of a backlash going on within certain cities. :efeed51798:

Edited by RayRay
good links in article
  • Like 1

For example Kingsong 16S got a max speed of 20 kmh out of the factory, right? Then it should be perfectly legal for as long as you don't use the app to unlock a higher speed. I think.

I would just tell the officer that the wheel is 20 kmh out of the factory. Which is the truth. 

http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/global-electric-unicycle-market-2018-top-players-airwheel-kingsong-gotway-f-wheel-ips-solowheel-rockwheel-firewheel-969852.htm

Global Electric Unicycle Market 2018 Top Players: Airwheel, KingSong, Gotway, F-Wheel, IPS, Solowheel, Rockwheel, Firewheel

Market Research Store added new research report on "Global Electric Unicycle Market Sales Analysis and Opportunity 2018 to 2022 "to their offerings.

• Deerfield Beach, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2018 -- Market Research Store Announcess a new in-depth industry research that focuses on Electric Unicycle market, delivers detailed analysis of market and future prospects of Electric Unicycle market. The critical and significant data in the study makes the research a very important tool for experts, analysts and managers to get ready-to-access analysis by the industry professionals. The research is attached with substantial information in the form of graphs and tables to understand important market trends, drivers and challenges. The study is segmented by Application/ end users Entertainment, Transportation, Others, products type Sitting type (with a seat), Standing type (with no seat) and various important geographies like North America, China, Europe, Southeast Asia, Japan and India.

Click Here To Get FREE sample Cpoy of The report @ http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/global-electric-unicycle-market-research-report-2018-245164#RequestSample

The research also covers the current market size of the Electric Unicycle along with the growth rate over the years. In addition to this, the research includes historical data of 5 previous years pertaining to company profiles of key players/manufacturers in the industry such as Segway, Ninebot, Airwheel, KingSong, Gotway, F-Wheel, IPS, Solowheel, Rockwheel, Firewheel, ESWAY, Inmotion, Fosjoas . The in-depth information by various segments of Electric Unicycle market enables managers to monitor future profitability and make vital decisions for sustainable growth. The statistics in the research focuses on the technological advancement, available capaciies,CAPEX cycle and the changing structure of the Electric Unicycle market.