In the news...

Circuitmage

We need a news reporter.

So a few things I found this week;

Regarding the tarrifs on Chineese goods;

"The list will go through a thorough a review process that could take at least two months and would freeze the implementation of the duties until that review completed."

Also, found an article on e bike regulations easing in US;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/as-e-biking-grows-us-cities-consider-easing-rules-on-where-the-machines-may-be-used/2018/04/06/d20b2f58-3756-11e8-8fd2-49fe3c675a89_story.html

And, here in Austin they have started renting electric scooter downtown (not without controversy);

https://www.statesman.com/news/rental-scooters-launch-austin-streets-without-city-permission/BquW9wFOkm3JycRIxxHSLN/

• Like 2

idk how close to being deemed legal or illegal, i just hope everybody is on their best behavior so we don’t give ammo to those that wish to ban wheels.

i remember there was a service where a guy on a bicycle would come and drive ur car and ur drunk ass home and then pull his folding bicycle out and pedal off. wheels would be real handy for this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I bet you anything that's Jeff riding. He likes those kinda shoes. 

So interesting when a member can determine who is riding just by zeroing in on their shoes. ? 

41679945292_4cb24a8ba2_b.jpg

• Like 1

•  

IRL they'd be mowing down tourists on the sidewalk. Seriously - guy visiting from Italy just wound up in urgent care yesterday. May have to include a warning in my next @lonelyplanet #SF guidebook.

1 reply0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Direct message
abing_bigger.jpgAlison Bing @AlisonBing
FollowFollow @AlisonBing
More
Replying to @darakerr @lonelyplanet

Yep. And last week I saw a guy side-swiped by an electric unicycle on the sidewalk. It's like a Road Runner cartoon around here.

9 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

@dunkindonuts Have you seen electric unicycles.

They're looking really snazzy lately, like a cruller with sprinkles...

I was thinking you could take these to the next level with your donut technology . ?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

Time to say goodbye to my beloved Tesla and V8 coz none of them meets the new stringent laws in Singapore. :(

Afterall, its not worth being fined S$5000 and being thrown in jail for 3 months.

Speed guns and a bunch of officers are being deployed to catch us. Well, it was good while it lasted. You guys continue to have fun! :)

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/speed-guns-deployed-to-curb-reckless-riding-by-users-of-e-scooters-and-cyclists

On reading the article it seems that is you set the V8 tiltback to 25kph (only a few less than it can actually do) it would remain compliant. How do they test the max speed? Otherwise it is certainly small and light enough. It is a shame they won't let you on roads with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

Time to say goodbye to my beloved Tesla and V8 coz none of them meets the new stringent laws in Singapore. :(

Afterall, its not worth being fined S$5000 and being thrown in jail for 3 months.

Speed guns and a bunch of officers are being deployed to catch us. Well, it was good while it lasted. You guys continue to have fun! :)

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/speed-guns-deployed-to-curb-reckless-riding-by-users-of-e-scooters-and-cyclists

colin-sc-2.jpg?itok=f825g9yU

A sad day in Singapore... a sad day in the world. ?

• Like 2

On 4/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, novazeus said:

ya, see this article about how sanfran is gonna look at singapore for guidance. 

segway/9bot, inmotion, kingsong(ha), gotway(another ha) ought to try to lobby for some kind of legalization. not everybody uses theirs on heir ranch. someday Bob and i might get good enough to venture off the ranch but it’s starting to look like a no go.