Jump to content

Kingsong new app bugs


Pete Bucknell
 Share

Recommended Posts

The mysterious thing is....for me the KS IOS app works....

yes, sometimes it needs some time to register/login....(and without login no change of speed settings possible), but when i am loged in, all my speed settings and also the unlocking still work. Working together with the Darkness Bot author to implement speed settings for KS , so lately i did changes quite often.......

so the fault seams -at least in parts- have todo with the registration process, and to what time you have been registered....

so btw: you need to have been registered correctly and logged in for speed unlock on the ks ios app!

Edited by US69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took newly unlocked KS-14 out today (rain finally stopped) and used WheelLog App.  I didn't have to have KS Android app running in background.

However, got wheel home and tire is flat.  No nails or screws in tire...just freaking flat...WTF.  This pisses me off just a little.  Suppose I now need to rip that damn thing apart if it won't hold air.  I'll air it up and use a soapy water solution to see if there is something not visible to eye.  Just very odd that tire goes completely flat on ride home (in trunk).  And, I was looking forward to a weekend full of riding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2018 at 7:13 PM, Tom D said:

Took newly unlocked KS-14 out today (rain finally stopped) and used WheelLog App.  I didn't have to have KS Android app running in background.

However, got wheel home and tire is flat.  No nails or screws in tire...just freaking flat...WTF.  This pisses me off just a little.  Suppose I now need to rip that damn thing apart if it won't hold air.  I'll air it up and use a soapy water solution to see if there is something not visible to eye.  Just very odd that tire goes completely flat on ride home (in trunk).  And, I was looking forward to a weekend full of riding. 

Please put Slime in the wheel. That has fixed countless leaks in my various wheels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Please put Slime in the wheel. That has fixed countless leaks in my various wheels.

Sorry to derail topic...I'll start a new thread after this question.  Marty, thanks for the advice.  Just so I am clear, are you saying I should fill tube with Slime and NOT replace inner tube?  Any potential repercussions on filling with Slime?  Do you view this as a long term fix i.e., can continue to ride for many weeks/months or until tube (or tire) really needs to be replaced?  Thanks for the input.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Sorry to derail topic...I'll start a new thread after this question.  Marty, thanks for the advice.  Just so I am clear, are you saying I should fill tube with Slime and NOT replace inner tube?  Any potential repercussions on filling with Slime?  Do you view this as a long term fix i.e., can continue to ride for many weeks/months or until tube (or tire) really needs to be replaced?  Thanks for the input.

There are lots of discussions on this Forum (I understand they can be hard to find) of using Slime. It's an established process for fixing leaks. I have never replaced a tube yet, but have had many leaks/flats. Have ridden hundreds of miles after a flat that was fixed by Slime. The KS14 needs ~3-ounces of Slime.

I happen to have a video that shows how to put Slime in a KS14

 

And this video demonstrates how Slime fixed a flat - I've ridden hundreds of miles after this fix.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Sorry to derail topic...I'll start a new thread after this question.  Marty, thanks for the advice.  Just so I am clear, are you saying I should fill tube with Slime and NOT replace inner tube?  Any potential repercussions on filling with Slime?  Do you view this as a long term fix i.e., can continue to ride for many weeks/months or until tube (or tire) really needs to be replaced?  Thanks for the input.

I’ve been using it in bicycle tubes for more years than I can remember. 

In fact they sell inner tubes pre-filled with slime. 

Unless you split the tyre, or hit a curb/stone with an under inflated tyre then it will fix 99% punctures as they happen. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to Slime my KS16S, but the sales person at REI told me that Slime dries out in about 6 months, after which  you need to fill the tube, again.  I started imagining my tube full of dried Slime and decided to just take my chances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, yasbean said:

I was going to Slime my KS16S, but the sales person at REI told me that Slime dries out in about 6 months, after which  you need to fill the tube, again.  I started imagining my tube full of dried Slime and decided to just take my chances.

Let's see, the product instructions state that Slime is good for ~2-years. Your salesman says 6-months. I wonder who is correct?

But regardless, Slime seems to be used by a vast number of people including EUCers with no adverse affects. To the contrary, I have had countless flats but have never had to change a tube among all the wheels that I've owned and thousands of miles ridden.

Some people overthink Slime, which I don't get. They think it's going to inbalance the wheel, or bits of Slime are going to do God knows what to the tube, causing the EUC to explode, tire to explode, or some combination of the two.

I predict when you get your first flat and contemplate having to take apart your wheel to fix it, you'll grab the bottle of Slime :) Hopefully when you get your flat you won't be too inconvenienced.

On my longer rides I actually now carry a small bottle of Slime in my backpack just in case I need to freshen what's in the tube. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mary et al... Again, sorry to derail the original topic of thread.  I Slimed wheel today and filled it to 55 versus the previous 45.  Worked like a charm!  Took it out for a quick 30 minute ride and holding strong.  I'm with you Marty, I will be adding an 8oz bottle to my CamelBack backpack.

I think the 45psi led to the tube developing a leak.  There was probably too much deflection in the tire, which likely impacted the tube.  There were NO foreign material punctures.  I'll play with the 55psi (weight is 178) and find the sweet spot, but really believe the 45psi was the cause. 

Yasbean, what do you have to lose by trying it?  If it doesn't work or the hole in your tube is too large, you replace the tube, which you were going to do anyway versus using Slime.  I would MUCH rather content with a little Slime clean up (which would be contained in the tire itself) than tear the wheel apart to replace the tube.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Mary et al... Again, sorry to derail the original topic of thread.  I Slimed wheel today and filled it to 55 versus the previous 45.  Worked like a charm!  Took it out for a quick 30 minute ride and holding strong.  I'm with you Marty, I will be adding an 8oz bottle to my CamelBack backpack.

I think the 45psi led to the tube developing a leak.  There was probably too much deflection in the tire, which likely impacted the tube.  There were NO foreign material punctures.  I'll play with the 55psi (weight is 178) and find the sweet spot, but really believe the 45psi was the cause. 

Yasbean, what do you have to lose by trying it?  If it doesn't work or the hole in your tube is too large, you replace the tube, which you were going to do anyway versus using Slime.  I would MUCH rather content with a little Slime clean up (which would be contained in the tire itself) than tear the wheel apart to replace the tube.

Glad it worked for you. Yeah, 45psi is on the lower side for the KS14 tire. I run mine at 60psi, but I like a firm ride.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Glad it worked for you. Yeah, 45psi is on the lower side for the KS14 tire. I run mine at 60psi, but I like a firm ride.

that’s interesting the kenda tire is 65psi max and my s2 tire is 50psi max. unless i learn otherwise, if i eventually have to change the tire on my s2 i’m gonna put a kenda back on. they are both 2.125 width so i’d think it would fit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I updated the Kingsong App and I thought I had been waiting out all the issues with the pervious version that was released recently. But maybe I was wrong.

How on earth do you register an account? I can enter a phone number or an email address, and I will get verification codes. but when I click to proceed the app will tell me that the phone number or the email address, is on the wrong format. Which is funny because the system apparently managed to send verification codes to them. 

Help please! would like to pass this step so I can go on complaining about the user interface and the english phrases instead :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will someone from Kingsong please sort out this ongoing app problem and post updates on this forum as it seems to be used by most of the King song users.

I have had my KS14d now for almost three weeks and am still using the old green app version 1.4 because I cannot get the "new" app to work.

Even the old green app ver1.4 is unreliable as when i check my phone to see what speed i'm doing i usually find that it has disconnected and i have to re connect which never works first time!

Using the terminology "the new app" or the "new white app" is causing so much confusion. PLEASE PLEASE use the version number and change it when there has been any kind of update so users can see what version they are using and what is the latest version!

I have downloaded what was advertised on the "electricunicycles.eu" website as "the latest app" (no version number mentioned!) only to find a ZIP file !! Why?

I unzipped it but found no apk file to run!

I tried dowloading the app direct from the kingsong.com website which seemed a bit suspicious as I got this message:-

Your HomeSafe Virus Alerts are switched on and suspects this site may contain a virus.

You can still visit: http://jc.cnaite.cn/data/apk/Kingsong_Aligned.apk

but there's a risk that this may damage your device or files.

I plucked up the courage to download it anyway and sure enough it was the "white" app (version 1.47)

So I tried to register as I believe this has to be done to re unlock your wheel if you use the newer app (Why won't the wheel remember I did it on the old app?)

Still no success as when I enter my email address and click GET VERIFICATION CODE I get the message "System busy"

Think I will revert back to Ninebot for my next wheel as the E+ worked perfectly and didn't whistle either !!

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All.. Just got KingSong 14S after hearing good thing about this wheel.. too bad I didn't research it further regarding the app.

I also got stuck at 20kph, downloaded the app hoping I can unlock it, to my surprise there's none.

And not sure why I decided to play around with the calibration, so I followed the instruction and press confirm, then press power button for 5 beeps followed by a long beep that never end until I turn the wheel off, And now my wheel is dead, it won't balance nor move.( the bluetooth works and the wheels has lights)

After several attempts to re calibrate, same thing happened, I got 5 beeps and followed by a long beep that never end.. finally I realized the bluetooth connection was actually disconnected from the wheel and I got the message" failed re calibration try again".

But each time I tried, I always had the same problem, each time I press confirm the bluetooth connection was terminated.

So freaking mad right now, good wheel with lousy app. I wish they just make it simple and use the normal legal waiver for us to agree or cancel for unlocking the speed limit.

Makes me regret not getting inmotion V8 instead. I contacted the seller and he's wiling to help me with contacting kingsong and try to resolve the problem.

Is there any reset to factory option? I rather ride it at 20kph than not  riding it at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, digitalkenny said:

Hi All.. Just got KingSong 14S after hearing good thing about this wheel.. too bad I didn't research it further regarding the app.

I also got stuck at 20kph, downloaded the app hoping I can unlock it, to my surprise there's none.

And not sure why I decided to play around with the calibration, so I followed the instruction and press confirm, then press power button for 5 beeps followed by a long beep that never end until I turn the wheel off, And now my wheel is dead, it won't balance nor move.( the bluetooth works and the wheels has lights)

After several attempts to re calibrate, same thing happened, I got 5 beeps and followed by a long beep that never end.. finally I realized the bluetooth connection was actually disconnected from the wheel and I got the message" failed re calibration try again".

But each time I tried, I always had the same problem, each time I press confirm the bluetooth connection was terminated.

So freaking mad right now, good wheel with lousy app. I wish they just make it simple and use the normal legal waiver for us to agree or cancel for unlocking the speed limit.

Makes me regret not getting inmotion V8 instead. I contacted the seller and he's wiling to help me with contacting kingsong and try to resolve the problem.

Is there any reset to factory option? I rather ride it at 20kph than not  riding it at all?

Take a deep breath :D

Your wheel is probably locked (it's a mystery why KingSong implemented this poorly documented 'feature'). Open the app and click the Unlock button. Your wheel should now be balancing again.

Go to my YouTube channel and look at one of my most recent videos. In the Description you will find links to the old Non-Social KingSong app. Use that one. Then, use the Key Generator (also linked in my Description) to get the unlock code for your wheel. Via the App, set the speeds to 30, 0, and 0. Now your wheel will run at maximum speed.

It's a great wheel :thumbup:

Hopefully my instructions will help - I'm going to bed and probably won't get to the forum until tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure others here will help you if you're still stuck.

https://www.youtube.com/ElectricUnicycles

 

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Marty, my wheels is working now, had to reinstall kingsong app then click lock then unlock, at first it still wouldn't work, had to shut it down and restart the wheel again and then it work.however I still can't adjust the speed limit though 

I did when to your link but couldn't open the file (?)

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, digitalkenny said:

Thanks Marty, my wheels is working now, had to reinstall kingsong app then click lock then unlock, at first it still wouldn't work, had to shut it down and restart the wheel again and then it work.however I still can't adjust the speed limit though 

I did when to your link but couldn't open the file (?)

 

i feel ur pain, trust me. i don’t own a 14s so i don’t wanna try to help because i’m not familiar with that wheel. i’m sure many others that don’t own any kingsong wheels will chime in, some are very good at that.

hopefully someday all these wheel companies will realize company support communication with their unique product isn’t optional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, digitalkenny said:

Thanks Marty, my wheels is working now, had to reinstall kingsong app then click lock then unlock, at first it still wouldn't work, had to shut it down and restart the wheel again and then it work.however I still can't adjust the speed limit though 

I did when to your link but couldn't open the file (?)

 

Or you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13AZkzU9Fm1o029GMywDvPwC1BVOSD28q

It's the very old but nicely working Version 4 of the original Kingsong app. No registration and other fluff, just wheel related functions and they work most of the time. You should be able to speed unlock the wheel following Marty's description. 

I also think the 14S is a nice wheel. It was my first one and its range is pretty amazing for a small 14"er. 

Edited by MacPara
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2018 at 2:13 PM, digitalkenny said:

[...] I did when to your link but couldn't open the file (?)

 

Try one of these download links:

http://images.ewheels.com/KSv4.apk
http://www.kingsong.com/upload/file/app/KingSong_Android_APP.apk

Keep im mind that you manually grant needed rights to the "old" App. 
Goto -> Settings ->Apps ->KingSong and click "permissions" (or something like that) and grant all permissions possible (GPS and another one, IIRC) 

If something doesn't work out, drop another Line. 

Cheers, Borg 

Edited by Borg666
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Borg666 said:

Try one of these download links:

http://images.ewheels.com/KSv4.apk
http://www.kingsong.com/upload/file/app/KingSong_Android_APP.apk
http://www.szkingsong.com/upload/file/app/KingSong_Android_APP.apk

Keep im mind that you manually grant needed rights to the "old" App. 

Goto -> Settings ->Apps ->KingSong and click "permissions" (or something like that) and grant all permissions possible (GPS and another one, IIRC) 

If something doesn't work out, drop another Line. 

Cheers, Borg 

The least you need is Location service permission for  the phone to use the Bluetooth interface. In newer Android versions it will ask automatically to get the necessary permission in older versions you need to do it as Borg as described. 

Edited by MacPara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never had so much hassle trying to get an app working in my life!!

I have spent several WEEKS trying to get the so called LATEST APP (whatever version  that is?) to work successfully.

After checking all my phones settings and allowing all permisions etc etc I finally got the app working and logged in using a Username and Password sent to my by Adrian from electricunicycles.eu.  I pressed connect and selected the KS-14D953 option, then I re unlocked the wheel again! I pressed the horn button which worked (yipeee). I moved the wheel to check the speed was showing on the screen, wow even that worked. Well I thought, that's finally sorted.  WRONG!!

I decided to play some music from my phone but nothing was heard from the wheel. So I went to bluetooth settings and found Kingsong music wasn't paired, Ahh that's why it won't work I thought. so paired it. Now my memmory is fading as there were so many things going wrong it's hard to list them. but not in any particular order:-

The app then decided to inform me that the version was V1.04 and the New firmware version was :V0.00  !!!!  I pressed the orange button with the up arrow and got the message "Latest version, no update"

At some point the speaker button on the app front page stopped working as a horn and reverted to a beep!

I was then informed by the app that in fact the firmware version required updating. Really? so back i went to the firmware page and accepted the offer to update. Then got a massage like unable to download.  Well i'm getting really pi****d off by now so uninstalled the app and now i'm havibng a double brandy to calm my nerves.

I have never shouted at an app before but this was a first for me.

Maybe I need to give it up and revert to my old Ninebot which worked fine with its app

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deleted the new kingsong app and installed the old version ( thanks!)  but when I run the app, it just stuck at "scanning" as if it can't detect my wheel, I tried combination of turning the wheel off and on , restart the app to no avail..btw how long do I have to ride before I can unlock the speed on my KingSong 14S?

Edited by digitalkenny
correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...