Jump to content

Kingsong new app bugs


Pete Bucknell
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Probably, why wouldn't you:confused1::confused1::confused1:

Exactly . I now throw my iPhone in my backpack and keep the android phone in my pocket . It’s my dedicated wheel phone. Might even throw a cheap monthly plan on it to forgo needing to take my iPhone at all . NO I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PLAN ON DITCHING MY IPHONE FOR DAY TO DAY USE . ...just Incase that thought crosses your mind while reading  this.:angry:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:)

20 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Exactly . I now throw my iPhone in my backpack and keep the android phone in my pocket . It’s my dedicated wheel phone. Might even throw a cheap monthly plan on it to forgo needing to take my iPhone at all . NO I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PLAN ON DITCHING MY IPHONE FOR DAY TO DAY USE . ...just Incase that thought crosses your mind while reading  this.:angry:

:crying: Big Gov have tricked me again.  Now I have to buy an Apple phone.:angry::furious: 

Not!  :)  

Apple seems good, but only for people that need that many features.

 

 

Edited by steve454
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All - Many thanks for the assist and advice.  Made a quick trip to Wally-World and picked up an Android Tracfone.  Used Marty's older app from DropBox and now have an unlocked wheel...AND can use WheelLog.  Hell, there's still enough daylight here to get an hour or two of riding in.  Thanks again.

T.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tom D said:

All - Many thanks for the assist and advice.  Made a quick trip to Wally-World and picked up an Android Tracfone.  Used Marty's older app from DropBox and now have an unlocked wheel...AND can use WheelLog.  Hell, there's still enough daylight here to get an hour or two of riding in.  Thanks again.

T.

Nice ! Probably same one I got ...was it the $30 zte? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Scott - It was the zte, with 16GB storage.  Not a bad phone for $30...lots of features.

Yep . Same one I got . It’s a bit slow for certain tasks but yeah . Can’t beat it for $30. You gotta check out wheellog 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, Scott Henley said:

Yep . Same one I got . It’s a bit slow for certain tasks but yeah . Can’t beat it for $30. You gotta check out wheellog 

Is wheellog a substitute for the King Song app or a complement? I presume you can only unlock speeds in the King Song app, but that wheellog is better for just about everything else?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sobaka said:

Is wheellog a substitute for the King Song app or a complement? I presume you can only unlock speeds in the King Song app, but that wheellog is better for just about everything else?

Its not a substitute. You need to first open the KS app and leave it running in the background to run wheellog . No it can not unlock the speed but offers a lot of cool metrics and a nice graph of speed 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Its not a substitute. You need to first open the KS app and leave it running in the background to run wheellog . No it can not unlock the speed but offers a lot of cool metrics and a nice graph of speed 

:confused1:

Sorry, but I don't understand this statement at all. The KS app absolutely does not need to be running to use WheelLog. I guarantee you that the KS App could be uninstalled and WheelLog would function perfectly.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:confused1:

Sorry, but I don't understand this statement at all. The KS app absolutely does not need to be running to use WheelLog. I guarantee you that the KS App could be uninstalled and WheelLog would function perfectly.

Odd...my wheellog app won’t connect unless I open KS app first . It baffled me in fr beginning ...wheellog wouldn’t connect . Then I opened the KS app for some reason .. and while it was running opened wheellog. It immediately connected .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Odd...my wheellog app won’t connect unless I open KS app first . It baffled me in fr beginning ...wheellog wouldn’t connect . Then I opened the KS app for some reason .. and while it was running opened wheellog. It immediately connected .

I don't know if i remember right, but that was imho a prob of the old (playstore) version. This was imho repaired by @palachzzz and linked here in the forum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Some good news [finally] to share, first from King Song:

"Hi Jason, for Android APP, pls ask you customers to do an upgrade, then he will be able to set the speed.
For IOS APP, we have submited to APPLE APP system yesterday, as soon as get approve, will be available to download."

DarknessBot will soon also support KS Alarm/Speed settings
I've also be in contact with Illya, the brains behind Darknessbot, about sponsoring enhanced support for setting alarms & tilt-back speed on the KS Wheels.  There should be more news about this follow in the next couple days.

@Jason McNeil

Thanks !!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

DarknessBot will soon also support KS Alarm/Speed settings
I've also be in contact with Illya, the brains behind Darknessbot, about sponsoring enhanced support for setting alarms & tilt-back speed on the KS Wheels.  There should be more news about this follow in the next couple days.

That would be great!!

I am Beta-testing and translating for @Ilya Shkolnik....so i would been able to test that all, too! Best IOS app....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2018 at 2:01 AM, Marty Backe said:

:confused1:

Sorry, but I don't understand this statement at all. The KS app absolutely does not need to be running to use WheelLog. I guarantee you that the KS App could be uninstalled and WheelLog would function perfectly.

i haven’t tried wheellog without the ks app but my experience has been similar to Scott. my 16s connects differently from my 18s, so i’m guessing it depends on the wheel.

yup, just tried it without the ks app installed on an android phone. i can connect to the wheel thru wheellog but no data. i suspect the ks app supplies the data.

and i ordered a ZTE ZFIVE 2 LTE android from walmart for $20 to be my kingsong phone. i don’t want their app on my two real phones. i’d buy a pebble watch too but there’s so many choices i get frustrated.

update, after ferreting thru this forum found the wheellog version that does work without the ks app. this is ver 2.0.1:

https://yadi.sk/d/RGPFjra83MmPiZ

Edited by novazeus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too have had a week of nightmares trying to unlock using IOS and KingSong app with no success.

i tried my partners Samsung today and got further than I did with my iPhone,

i generate the unlock code and go to type it into the green box and it won't allow me to add the " : " between the numbers!!

have tried typing it out in a notes type app, then copy and paste,  but it just omits the colon.

grrrrrr.....gonna be stuck at 12mph for ever lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wehey said:

I too have had a week of nightmares trying to unlock using IOS and KingSong app with no success.

i tried my partners Samsung today and got further than I did with my iPhone,

i generate the unlock code and go to type it into the green box and it won't allow me to add the " : " between the numbers!!

have tried typing it out in a notes type app, then copy and paste,  but it just omits the colon.

grrrrrr.....gonna be stuck at 12mph for ever lol

Hi wehey, the code must be entered without the colons. Unfortunately this is mentioned nowhere, I fell in the same trap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Hi wehey, the code must be entered without the colons. Unfortunately this is mentioned nowhere, I fell in the same trap.

Thanks for the help.

so I have fired up the Samsung again and have entered the code WITHOUT the colon time.

It worked and I was able to adjust the setting as in the picture.

BUT, when I go back to my iPhone and load up the app, it's still locked!!

 

will it automatically unlock once I do 100km...?

IMG_4557.JPG

Edited by wehey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

when you have unlocked it with the android phone....stay away from the ios app!

use darkness bot app....much cleaner...

a new version of the ks ios app is in apple process of cheking it, i heard.

nonetheless...once adjusted...use a third party app.

on ios that are darknessbot and gyrometrics

Edited by US69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wehey said:

Thanks for the help.

so I have fired up the Samsung again and have entered the code WITHOUT the colon time.

It worked and I was able to adjust the setting as in the picture.

BUT, when I go back to my iPhone and load up the app, it's still locked!!

 

will it automatically unlock once I do 100km...?

IMG_4557.JPG

Are you sure, that you also touched the "confirm" button and it beeped afterwards ?

In that case do not enter the iphone app after that, just try the wheel, it will work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Are you sure, that you also touched the "confirm" button and it beeped afterwards ?

In that case do not enter the iphone app after that, just try the wheel, it will work.

Yes it definitely beeped. 

I might just uninstall the KingSong app for good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wehey said:

Yes it definitely beeped. 

I might just uninstall the KingSong app for good 

no need to uninstall it....justdont touch it anymore ....

the ios app is just defect on the speed settings, but as long as you dont go into this register, your set speed from the android app will work.

a new ks ios app version is on the way. also the darkness bot app will soon receive ks speed settings!

Edited by US69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...