Pete Bucknell

Kingsong new app bugs

3 hours ago, digitalkenny said:

Deleted the new kingsong app and installed the old version ( thanks!)  but when I run the app, it just stuck at "scanning" as if it can't detect my wheel, I tried combination of turning the wheel off and on , restart the app to no avail..btw how long do I have to ride before I can unlock the speed on my KingSong 14S?

Make sure the wheel is not connected to any other app or the scan won't find it. The scan only shows BLE devices that are ready to connect. Once a connection is established, they won't show up in the scan anymore until that connection is dropped. 

Also, if you are using an older Android you might have to set the permissions for the app to allow access to Location Service for bluetooth access. You might want to to double check that it has that permission granted.

There is no minimum distance requirement for the KS-14S before you can unlock the speed limit. You can "unlock" that any time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Juggler said:

I have never had so much hassle trying to get an app working in my life!!

I have spent several WEEKS trying to get the so called LATEST APP (whatever version  that is?) to work successfully.

After checking all my phones settings and allowing all permisions etc etc I finally got the app working and logged in using a Username and Password sent to my by Adrian from electricunicycles.eu.  I pressed connect and selected the KS-14D953 option, then I re unlocked the wheel again! I pressed the horn button which worked (yipeee). I moved the wheel to check the speed was showing on the screen, wow even that worked. Well I thought, that's finally sorted.  WRONG!!

I decided to play some music from my phone but nothing was heard from the wheel. So I went to bluetooth settings and found Kingsong music wasn't paired, Ahh that's why it won't work I thought. so paired it. Now my memmory is fading as there were so many things going wrong it's hard to list them. but not in any particular order:-

The app then decided to inform me that the version was V1.04 and the New firmware version was :V0.00  !!!!  I pressed the orange button with the up arrow and got the message "Latest version, no update"

At some point the speaker button on the app front page stopped working as a horn and reverted to a beep!

I was then informed by the app that in fact the firmware version required updating. Really? so back i went to the firmware page and accepted the offer to update. Then got a massage like unable to download.  Well i'm getting really pi****d off by now so uninstalled the app and now i'm havibng a double brandy to calm my nerves.

I have never shouted at an app before but this was a first for me.

Maybe I need to give it up and revert to my old Ninebot which worked fine with its app

Yeah, I feel ya. It's pretty amazing how they can build really nice wheels and put all these cool features in there but they can't seem to find a company that writes them an app that actually works. And that statement goes for all the wheel manufacturers - well, maybe not for 9bot as I haven't actually had one of theirs yet. Whence the motivation to spend that little free time I have outside of work to write some stuff that actually does what I need for riding my wheels. Otherwise I'd not put that time in, believe me. 

Edited by MacPara
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Whew.. finally got it to unlock, had to use my old Samsung old note II phone, at first bluetooth won't connect, so I tried the kingsong music, it connected right away then clicked scan again and it connected! 

Then watched youtube on how to unlock it and now it's unlocked! but can't try the new speed yet, with my luck after I bought this new wheel.. it's been raining all week😭

I wonder if I can ride this wheel in the rain? Does anybody ever ride their euc in the rain while holding an umbrella?😁

2 hours ago, digitalkenny said:

Whew.. finally got it to unlock, had to use my old Samsung old note II phone, at first bluetooth won't connect, so I tried the kingsong music, it connected right away then clicked scan again and it connected! 

Then watched youtube on how to unlock it and now it's unlocked! but can't try the new speed yet, with my luck after I bought this new wheel.. it's been raining all week😭

I wonder if I can ride this wheel in the rain? Does anybody ever ride their euc in the rain while holding an umbrella?😁

Glad you seem to have succeeded to unlock this fine wheel. If you ever do ride with an umbrella, please have someone take a video and post it to Youtube. I DO NOT want to miss this event!!

Seriously, I can't tell you about wheel function in rain. As you can see I live in Tucson and rain is so rare that kids should get an off-day at school when it happens. Then, when it rains, it's so much at once that water is running through the streets and you cannot see what you are riding on or if you are actually still on the road. This is certainly more water than the IP55 level the better wheels are built to. Never tried it therefore.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, digitalkenny said:

Google image search riding electric unicycle with umbrella turned up quite a few.  You probably have to ride slow enough that the wind doesn't destroy the umbrella.:laughbounce2:  Image result for riding electric unicycle with umbrella

Image result for riding electric unicycle with umbrella

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2

New Kingsong-New iOS App Update released:

version 3.2

changelog:

Repair overseas countries can not register to log in, modify the password problem; logic optimization processing;