Jump to content
Pete Bucknell

Kingsong new app bugs

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Kingsong App:  a couple of bugs

My new Kingsong 16B has a 20km/h speed lock on it.

The new app by Kingsong is designed to be able to unlock the speed limitation, but no-one, including the people in the shop or the wholesaler, are able to get the app to unlock the wheel's limit.

Pressing 'get code' leads nowhere but gets a response: Please go to my account to improve personal information.

(My information has been filled out thoroughly )

The other functions on the app work correctly.

Has anyone got a solution for this issue?

Pete

KS screenshot.jpg

Edited by Keith
Corrected singsong to KingSong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pete Bucknell said:

Kingsong App:  a couple of bugs

My new Kingsong 16B has a 20km/h speed lock on it.

The new app by Kingsong is designed to be able to unlock the speed limitation, but no-one, including the people in the shop or the wholesaler, are able to get the app to unlock the wheel's limit.

Pressing 'get code' leads nowhere but gets a response: Please go to my account to improve personal information.

(My information has been filled out thoroughly )

The other functions on the app work correctly.

Has anyone got a solution for this issue?

Pete

KS screenshot.jpg

You can try unlocking your wheel the old fashioned way - without the socialized version of the app. I've done this BTW.

The following assumes an Android phone.

  1. Uninstall your existing app
  2. Install the older app. Here's my copy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/il5z2qqfq9bahsr/KSv4.apk?dl=0
  3. Use the KingSong unlock code generator to get your code: http://electricunicycle.org/kingsongunlocker/
  4. Enter the unlock code into the app to unlock your speed.
  5. Congratulations, you now have a speed unlocked wheel.
  6. Re-install your new app if you must (why would you :))
  7. Instead I recommend installing this version of WheelLog which will allow you to monitor and control (swipe from the left) your KS16: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc8swvnsgkkm5ai/Forked WheelLog_17092017.apk?dl=0

Good luck. Let me know if you get it working.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks I'll send this  to the dealer ... I have an iPhone....

 

 

Edited by Pete Bucknell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I noticed today after my ride while playing with the newer version of the KS app (white/orange one) that there was a new update available for android, this newest version of the questionable KS app is 1.47 (again, this is Android, I don’t know about iOS)

Just thought I’d post this info if anyone was remotely interested, maybe they are slowly addressing bugs, who knows :cry2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 9:00 AM, Pete Bucknell said:

Thanks I'll send this  to the dealer ... I have an iPhone....

 

 

Wouldn't it be cheaper to spend ~$30 on a disposable Android phone than to send the wheel back to the dealer, and your problem would be resolved within hours. Just a thought.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Flora Yuan

This is the third Person i hear of, that can not unlock his Speed on KS with the new App!

So there are still BIG Problems with the new app...please be so nice and fix These....

Edited by US69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Flora Yuan

I can confirm this speed setting issue with Version 1.47(Build 20): Everything worked fine until I clicked into the Speed Setting Setup - I suddently was limited to 20 kph again!

I downgraded to 1.42(Build 15), but that didn't solved the problem neither, still limited! FYI, several month ago the speed unlock worked fine with v1.42, but not this time! 

Is this behavior related to the new Release v1.47 or is it possible that it has something to do with the login process in general?

For now I solved my Problem by using the "old" App to re-apply my unlock code. Applying that code brought back my former speed settings again, btw - some sort of magic!   ;-)  

Cheers, Borg

Edited by Borg666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borg666 said:

I can confirm this speed setting issue with Version 1.47(Build 20): Everything worked fine until I clicked into the Speed Setting Setup - I suddently was limited to 20 kph again!

I downgraded to 1.42(Build 15), but that didn't solved the problem neither, still limited! FYI, several month ago the speed unlock worked fine with v1.42, but not this time! 

Is this behavior related to the new Release v1.47 or is it possible that it has something to do with the login process in general?

For now I solved my Problem by using the "old" App to re-apply my unlock code. Applying that code brought back my former speed settings again, btw - some sort of magic!   ;-)  

Cheers, Borg

 

Try this workaorund in the ME -> MY Account Settings:

Tip from GoingPostal:

”Thanks so much for trying. I did finally get registered! For anyone that is still struggling with this, what I did was removed my email address from the user name field, and replaced it with my first and last name with a space between. Boom! It worked.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 6:54 AM, Borg666 said:

@Flora Yuan

I can confirm this speed setting issue with Version 1.47(Build 20): Everything worked fine until I clicked into the Speed Setting Setup - I suddently was limited to 20 kph again!

I downgraded to 1.42(Build 15), but that didn't solved the problem neither, still limited! FYI, several month ago the speed unlock worked fine with v1.42, but not this time! 

Is this behavior related to the new Release v1.47 or is it possible that it has something to do with the login process in general?

For now I solved my Problem by using the "old" App to re-apply my unlock code. Applying that code brought back my former speed settings again, btw - some sort of magic!   ;-)  

Cheers, Borg

I’ve been having the same problem . But the old app (the green one ) won’t find my wheel . Just keeps searching and never connects !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10 April 2018 at 2:09 AM, Marty Backe said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to spend ~$30 on a disposable Android phone than to send the wheel back to the dealer, and your problem would be resolved within hours. Just a thought.

The distributer here in Barcelona dropped his V8 off for me to use while he struggles with the unlock problem on my KS.  He's tried  few androids but can't get the old app on to them.  I'll tell him about the weird 'email work-around'  that someone came up with

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pete Bucknell said:

The distributer here in Barcelona dropped his V8 off for me to use while he struggles with the unlock problem on my KS.  He's tried  few androids but can't get the old app on to them.  I'll tell him about the weird 'email work-around'  that someone came up with

If he goes to this forum there is many links to download the old app. You can not get it on the play store , you just have a file to load it from . I was having the same problem until today . The iOS would not work for me . I tried the work around , tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Tried everything. The iOS app just isn’t operating properly .  @Flora Yuan has assured me they are working to fix this . But in the meantime the green app on Android is the only solution I know . Even the new app on android wouldn’t work only the old .

very good of your dealer to let you borrow a wheel !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.4.2018 at 11:38 PM, Scott Henley said:

I’ve been having the same problem . But the old app (the green one ) won’t find my wheel . Just keeps searching and never connects !

That seems to be a permission issue... go to: 

-> Android settings, ->Apps, ->KingSong-App. 

At the App setting you have to -> grant access for GPS & internal SD-Card., which should solve your issue. 

Cheers, Borg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.4.2018 at 8:44 AM, Scott Henley said:

[...] But in the meantime the green app on Android is the only solution I know . Even the new app on android wouldn’t work only the old .

The latest working Version of the new App for me was v1.46(Build 19), dated 30/12/2017. 

Find the download of Kingsong_Aligned_1.46(19)_kswheel.cn.apk here:

https://mega.nz/#!fHJ2wDga!yZihhZwKR2GbN3VoHzQg8nxc2f0-IHVcxExkknQ2hdk

HTH, Borg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Borg666 said:

That seems to be a permission issue... go to: 

-> Android settings, ->Apps, ->KingSong-App. 

At the App setting you have to -> grant access for GPS & internal SD-Card., which should solve your issue. 

Cheers, Borg

Yeah , tired all that . Granted all permissions. Still nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I purchased my first wheel, Jason sent me an email with instructions and links to get my speed unlocked. It has worked OK for me and I have not updated the app when asked on my phone. I will say that it can be frustrating to get the app to sync with the wheel, especially when I ride one and then change to a different wheel. Sometimes I restart my phone and it will sync a little quicker say after 2 or 3 tries. Also I use WheelLog and that can be a pain in the ass as sometimes one will sync and not the other... I use both at the same time with my pebble to see my specs and control my music... If anyone wants a copy of Jasons email to me, send me a message and I will gladly send it... Marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings all... First post, but a long time lurker.

I've been tooling around on my new 14D for about ~2 months (at no more than 12 km/h) and like the others, I am unable to unlock my wheel.  Has anyone been able to crack the code using iOS app?  I have tried all the workarounds mentioned in the King Song threads and nothing.  I have even tried every permutation of updating i.e., "improve personal information" in the app account and I get the same screen (see attached pic).  Seems rather stunning that such a pricy toy has such an unreliable and poorly functioning app (at least on the iOS side). 

Oddly, all my friends and family have an iPhone and no Androids, so unless I go and pop for a disposable Android, I am stuck trying to figure this out using the iOS app.

T.

IMG_2626.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Greetings all... First post, but a long time lurker.

I've been tooling around on my new 14D for about ~2 months (at no more than 12 km/h) and like the others, I am unable to unlock my wheel.  Has anyone been able to crack the code using iOS app?  I have tried all the workarounds mentioned in the King Song threads and nothing.  I have even tried every permutation of updating i.e., "improve personal information" in the app account and I get the same screen (see attached pic).  Seems rather stunning that such a pricy toy has such an unreliable and poorly functioning app (at least on the iOS side). 

Oddly, all my friends and family have an iPhone and no Androids, so unless I go and pop for a disposable Android, I am stuck trying to figure this out using the iOS app.

T.

IMG_2626.PNG

I spent a good week trying to figure this out after replacing my 14D with a 14s. Nothing worked . I mean nothing ! Logged out , logged back in , created a new account , changed my name , changed my age to 50 ...nothing changed . Kingsong have gone on record (about a week ago ) saying they are aware of the issue and working to remedy it . 

Best advice : do as I did and go buy a $30 android smart phone . Download the old (green ) app Bc the new android app wouldn’t unlock for me either . And be done with it ! After that you can go back to using your iPhone just don’t mess with the speed settings or you’ll have to go back to the green app again. Well worth $30. 20kph is painfully slow !!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Greetings all... First post, but a long time lurker.

I've been tooling around on my new 14D for about ~2 months (at no more than 12 km/h) and like the others, I am unable to unlock my wheel.  Has anyone been able to crack the code using iOS app?  I have tried all the workarounds mentioned in the King Song threads and nothing.  I have even tried every permutation of updating i.e., "improve personal information" in the app account and I get the same screen (see attached pic).  Seems rather stunning that such a pricy toy has such an unreliable and poorly functioning app (at least on the iOS side). 

Oddly, all my friends and family have an iPhone and no Androids, so unless I go and pop for a disposable Android, I am stuck trying to figure this out using the iOS app.

T.

IMG_2626.PNG

Spend the $30 on a disposable Android phone. Then you'll also be able to enjoy the awesomeness of the WheelLog app.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Spend the $30 on a disposable Android phone. Then you'll also be able to enjoy the awesomeness of the WheelLog app.

Yep good point! Wheellog is the best EUC app on the market imho . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott - Thanks for the advice.  I was hoping not to have to buy a disposable Android, more on principle than anything else.  Guess that is my next step.

 I suspect providing a solidly functioning app is not a priority for King Song, which I find very strange given the how apps dominate nearly every part of our lives.

T. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Marty.  So I am clear, will I need to continue using the disposable Android phone in order to use the WheelLog app?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom D said:

Scott - Thanks for the advice.  I was hoping not to have to buy a disposable Android, more on principle than anything else.  Guess that is my next step.

 I suspect providing a solidly functioning app is not a priority for King Song, which I find very strange given the how apps dominate nearly every part of our lives.

T. 

I agree with you. However, it's doesn't surprise me considering the small market share that the iPhone has.

Just now, Tom D said:

Thanks Marty.  So I am clear, will I need to continue using the disposable Android phone in order to use the WheelLog app?

WheelLog is an Android-only app :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

doesn't surprise me considering the small market share that the iPhone has.

About 4 to 1 android vs Apple, but Apple increasing a tiny percent each quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Thanks Marty.  So I am clear, will I need to continue using the disposable Android phone in order to use the WheelLog app?

Probably, why wouldn't you:confused1::confused1::confused1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×