Jump to content

ACM2 and MTEN3 -Best of Both Worlds


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

Very nice combination ) I wonder though, is the Mten power enough for you after experiencing the ACM?)

So far so good!  I think it is the most powerful tiny wheel made (84v).  Since the wheel diameter is only 10" there is a large amount of torque to work with.  I've only used it in my shop so far, but when I lean, it picks up speed very fast.

Here's a video of a guy riding one up some pretty impressive slope angles.

 

Edited by Colorado CJ
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Colorado CJ said:

So far so good!  I think it is the most powerful tiny wheel made (84v).  Since the wheel diameter is only 10" there is a large amount of torque to work with.  

Well. I get the rationale, but when I tried riding it I found the power to be a bit lacking) especially when riding on terrain that’s not perfect, as well as with faster acceleration, I felt it almost gave out) glad your experience is different)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You really need to ride the Mten3. The wheel is in a league of it’s own. Your correct that Mten is not enjoyable when riding over suboptimal terrain and it lacks power and acceleration but the wheel has a unique personality that commands excitement the first time you mount it. After all of the wheels I recently sold my Mten3 remained by my side.. away from my wife.:) Now that I have mounted Tesla pedals to my Mten it is more stable and grounded. 

It’s a fun wheel , no argument . And better than its predecessors. I just wish it had a bit more power to go along with all that other awesomeness ) so one doesn’t have to ration the acceleration levels)

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You got to post up some ride videos man.  We gotta see how you are riding your wheels to be pushing the torque to the max.  :w00t2: :popcorn:

Believe it or not, I don’t ride like that any more. Since I had an accident a year and a a half ago I’ve been riding very smooth and don’t push it, and not nearly as much as I used to.  But it’s a nice feeling to know you have a margin of power and if needed you could accelerate faster and not be scared of pushing in.

when I tried the wheel I pushed it just a bit while holding on to railing , to see what safe limits it had and I felt it was about to give out. Only same sensation on softer ground / dips 

maybe if a powerful anough 14 “ ever is out there, the good old daredevil Cloud might come back:) 

Edited by Cloud
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Cloud you might have slowed down, but IMHO think you are still on the side of aggressive riding demands, especially if you're comparing yourself to newbies :D. Most riders won't demand as much as you seem to, I think (don't mean that in a negative way).

 

@houseofjob Well,  I was trying it out , so naturally I wanted to see if it was capable of a bit more than just slow uniform riding.   I don’t normally ride like that every day. By the way, thank you again for letting me try it. Awesome, fun wheel, and like I was saying, if it was less pricey, I’d spring for a new one!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Was it set to soft mode maybe? BTW, what have you been doing for the past year besides losing 40 pounds?  :mellow:  I have this big gap in my data files on you, and I need to update them.  :whistling:

Believe it or not, I became an expert on men’s colognes in the past year.... but I’m sure you already knew that.. after all you are our own forum’s detective. You don’t have gaps, you just have files, files, files...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:ph34r:  I know only what I want you to think I know, you know?  But thanks for sharing that.  Dinosaurs and men's cologne.  Interesting dichotomy of interests.  I must modify the psych records in your profile.  There was another person on the forum who was into perfumery, but I don't see him around any more.

Could you answer one other thing: 

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating  its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

BTW where is that bluetooth speaker review we've been long awaiting for?  :sleep1:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:ph34r:  I know only what I want you to think I know, you know?  But thanks for sharing that.  Dinosaurs and men's cologne.  Interesting dichotomy of interests.  I must modify the psych records in your profile.  There was another person on the forum who was into perfumery, but I don't see him around any more.

Could you answer one other thing: 

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating  its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

For the completeness of my phychological profile, I also play guitar and sing  and make clocks from fossils. I tend to get taken over by various obsessions , some short lived, some more long term

Not helping the tortoise? I don’t think I can share that. There has to be one thing you won’t know about me , otherwise you might lose all interest in my profile and will go on to study someone new, I can’t let that happen...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trust me.  I know the answer already.  :ph34r:  I only wanted you to think I didn't know what I already knew that you didn't know what I knew previously before you thought I didn't know what I do know, but I did.  You know?  Veeery interesting.  Very interesting.  (Jots notes down onto writing pad)   

IMG_3998.gif

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

Believe it or not, I don’t ride like that any more. Since I had an accident a year and a a half ago I’ve been riding very smooth and don’t push it, and not nearly as much as I used to.  

Is difficult to maintain that level of cautiousness? Any special mantra you repeat to yourself before each ride? I need some advice.  :innocent1:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Cloud said:

Well. I get the rationale, but when I tried riding it I found the power to be a bit lacking) especially when riding on terrain that’s not perfect, as well as with faster acceleration, I felt it almost gave out) glad your experience is different)

The Mten3 is not a cruiser or "jump off the line" racer. It's not for traveling from A to Z, but traveling from A to B to C to D ..... to Z   People shouldn't buy an Mten3 as a replacement for something like an ACM/KS16. The Mten3 is all about the trip not the destination.

I've tried to make Mten3 videos which highlight what it's good for -  twirling around, having fun riding backwards, riding obstacle courses, etc. It has incredible torque to making instantaneous coarse corrections. It's all about having amazing fun at 3 to 8mph

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Colorado CJ said:

I'm a pretty new wheeler, having had my first wheel for under 2 months.  I decided to start with an ACM2, and I am glad I did!  I can't really see how you could improve on the performance.  I've rode this wheel 500 miles now and I'm completely happy with it.

Today I received my second wheel, an MTEN3 (thanks Scott!).  Its snowing right now so I can't ride it outside, but I am riding it in my shop which is filled with forklift, pallets, engine stands, you name it.  This wheel is SO maneuverable that I can ride through this obstacle course with ease, doing 180s in the span of 2 feet!  I can't wait for it to dry out this weekend so I can ride it outside.

This MTEN3 is tiny and light compared to the ACM2.  I think they are going to compliment each other very well.

40384077385_a79291c910_b.jpgMy Wheels by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

If I could only have two wheels, you have the wheels that I would own :thumbup:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Colorado CJ said:

I'm a pretty new wheeler, having had my first wheel for under 2 months.  I decided to start with an ACM2, and I am glad I did!  I can't really see how you could improve on the performance.  I've rode this wheel 500 miles now and I'm completely happy with it.

Today I received my second wheel, an MTEN3 (thanks Scott!).  Its snowing right now so I can't ride it outside, but I am riding it in my shop which is filled with forklift, pallets, engine stands, you name it.  This wheel is SO maneuverable that I can ride through this obstacle course with ease, doing 180s in the span of 2 feet!  I can't wait for it to dry out this weekend so I can ride it outside.

This MTEN3 is tiny and light compared to the ACM2.  I think they are going to compliment each other very well.

40384077385_a79291c910_b.jpgMy Wheels by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

You’re quite welcome ! I think you’ll find that this is exactly why the Mten3 is so great ...and also why some people tend to dislike it all at the same time . It’s amazingly fun in tight spaces and for performing maneuvers that the larger wheels just simply can’t . It’s a wonderful wheel for speeds of under say ....15mph. It has this “mind control “ type feel to it . You think , it goes . At higher speeds, 15+ is where it feels a bit sketchy. I’ve had it to 25 and while very satisfying, it’s not something I recommend. It’s got torque for days imo and an handle pretty much anything you throw at it (large potholes and uneven ground excluded ?) 

Just remember the mten holds true to that old saying “with great power comes great responsibility “. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did ! Really wish I hadn’t needed to get rid of it . But glad she found a good home . ?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

You’re quite welcome ! I think you’ll find that this is exactly why the Mten3 is so great ...and also why some people tend to dislike it all at the same time . It’s amazingly fun in tight spaces and for performing maneuvers that the larger wheels just simply can’t . It’s a wonderful wheel for speeds of under say ....15mph. It has this “mind control “ type feel to it . You think , it goes . At higher speeds, 15+ is where it feels a bit sketchy. I’ve had it to 25 and while very satisfying, it’s not something I recommend. It’s got torque for days imo and an handle pretty much anything you throw at it (large potholes and uneven ground excluded ?) 

Just remember the mten holds true to that old saying “with great power comes great responsibility “. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did ! Really wish I hadn’t needed to get rid of it . But glad she found a good home . ?

Yeah.  It would be a BLAST to set up an obstacle course and take turns running through it for best time with this wheel.

I'm always up for a fun competition, I just wish there were some other wheelers close by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...