bnelli

Battery level shows empty, can't connect to app, can't factory reset

Hello all,

My minipro worked fine for a few weeks and then all of a sudden it stopped displaying the battery level on the bottom of the minipro. Now when I try to connect to the app the minipro beeps once, the app says "connecting" for about 30 seconds and then says "bluetooth connection failed." I tried doing a factory reset by turning it upside down and hitting the power button but the wheels just turn in opposite alternating directions indefinitely and on one side a green light turns on.

I haven't been able to find anyone experiencing this same set of issues online. Hoping someone has a method to troubleshoot this.

What happens if you plug in the charger? Anything on the minipro? What are the lights on the charger.  Does it work normally if you ride it without connecting the app?

When I plug in the charger it shows that it is charging. When I unplug it battery shows zero again. It works normally without being connected to the app except I feel like it has reset back to the slower speed limit. It was fighting me real hard when I tried to go downhill, I even had to bail off of it because it started leaning back so much.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but still won't connect.

If the lights on the minipro are off, then it is possible a connector came loose or harware failure. I would try first just removing the battery. Then reseating it and see if the hard reset gets it going again. If not you'll need to find the video and photos that show how to take it apart and check all the connection in the control hub. 

Or just return it as defective. 

Ps, when you have the battery off check that the light on it's underside is blinking green, i'm sure it is because the minipro basically works. Although if really slow the bms may have failed but unlikely since that would not flipout the bluetooth. 

Removing the plastic cover would void the warranty, so saving that for last resort. I was able to chat with Segway customer support today and they suggested letting it charge for a full 4 hours so the battery could calibrate or something. I did that but nothing changed. I'll have to wait until Monday to call them back but it sounds like if this didn't work they were just going to have me send it in for a warranty repair/replacement. Still open to other troubleshooting ideas though if you have any!

Yes best to send it in.

That's a different story someone gave you. In the past, dispite the stickers, segway has said removing the battery would not void warranty.

Still there is nothing more you can do without opening it up so ship it back asap.  

Edited by FreeRide

12 hours ago, bnelli said:

Removing the plastic cover would void the warranty, so saving that for last resort. I was able to chat with Segway customer support today and they suggested letting it charge for a full 4 hours so the battery could calibrate or something. I did that but nothing changed. I'll have to wait until Monday to call them back but it sounds like if this didn't work they were just going to have me send it in for a warranty repair/replacement. Still open to other troubleshooting ideas though if you have any!

Well , 

4 hours is not enough

why? maybe charger is in security mode , it gives small electrical impulses
you have to let it charge 24h after there will be enough charge to turn on the mini, even with a single bar, as long as the display returns to normal,
and the charger will return to a normal charge mode

try, and say me if ok

Edited by jojo33

I was going by the two stickers on the battery cover that say "Warranty void if broken." I'll try leaving it on charge until tomorrow when I can call back customer support. Thanks for the replies.

2 hours ago, bnelli said:

I was going by the two stickers on the battery cover that say "Warranty void if broken." I'll try leaving it on charge until tomorrow when I can call back customer support. Thanks for the replies.

Good idea to not break the stickers.  You would probably have to send it back anyway, if unplugging and replugging didn't fix the problem.  Then Ninebot could charge you for repair.

I hope Ninebot will make it right, let us know how it turns out.

On 09/04/2018 at 12:00 AM, bnelli said:

what's new? with charging battery one night doesn't worked ?

No I left it charging overnight and nothing changed. I shipped it off to Segway for a warranty repair yesterday.

21 hours ago, bnelli said:

No I left it charging overnight and nothing changed. I shipped it off to Segway for a warranty repair yesterday.

im sorry if doesnt work