I'm not a huge fan of politics as it always seems like a heated, devisive topic of debate, but it seems like people do like discussing it.  I wonder whether a forum section for political discussions would allow people to let off some steam, express some sentiment, and separate the talk from the main forums?  Or would it just be opening up new issues and create more work for the mods?

EDIT:  Whoa.. :blink: just read the thread that got locked.  Geez Louise there is a lot of very polar opinions.  Maybe best not to have a politics section.  :rolleyes:

I would say a dedicated political section should not exist on the forum. Political discussion is all but impossible in most countries in the current polorized  climate. Having a section dedicated to it would likely encourage such threads to exist where they otherwise would not and resentment between parties stemming from them would probably spill into other unrelated discussions. 

That's too bad.  I wouldn't have minded seeing the different viewpoints and learning a bit more.  I like being a sponge for information.  I thought we were all able to have rational discussions without personal attacks or "fighting words."  Everyone's got their right to their opinions, and I used to think encouraging frank discussion about issues would allow different sides to maybe see the various viewpoints.  If it's just going to become a mud slinging match or get into name calling then it's just not worth it.  :(

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That's too bad.  I wouldn't have minded seeing the different viewpoints and learning a bit more.  I like being a sponge for information.  I thought we were all able to have rational discussions without personal attacks or "fighting words."  Everyone's got their right to their opinions, and I used to think encouraging frank discussion about issues would allow different sides to maybe see the various viewpoints.  If it's just going to become a mud slinging match or get into name calling then it's just not worth it.  :(

Hey, it's just my opinion. I agree that hearing differing viewpoints is a cornerstone of learning and self improvement. Seeking them is admirable. Many people can discuss politics respectfully but some (an increasing number as time passes and things get increasingly polorized ) are just too pationate about their position and then the whole thing just gets too damn nasty. That is not what many on here come to the forum for. I'm sure there are a plethora of political discussion forums out there where people go specifically to argue their side and know what they are going to deal with. It is probably best left to those forums. 

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

No one hold you off to open a thread in the off topic section :-)

:blink:  Ahhh I'm not going near that nest of sleeping vipers any time soon!  :lol:  I've poked the sleeping bear way too much already.  :innocent1:

I guess I have to ask myself, if I need to start yelling, calling people names, or try to put others down in order to express my opinion, what does that really say about the validity of my viewpoint if it cannot stand on its own without needing to resort to such measures?  Sometimes more carrot and less stick seems to be a more effective way of getting people to understand and appreciate each other.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Ahhh I'm not going near that nest of sleeping vipers any time soon!  :lol:  I've poked the sleeping bear way too much already.  :innocent1:

I’ve contacted Bob Eisenman to post your exact location if this topic blows up. :P

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I love you truly , but I am not so sure this is a good idea :)  I haven’t discussed it with the other moderators so this is just my personal opinion at this point. 

I think this forum is so successful and such a nice place to be because, with rare exception, people are very nice to each as they have nothing to divide , no serious stuff to disagree about, except occasionally maybe whose euc is longer)

In my opinion, rather than letting off steam, political discussions are going to flare up some hatred and hard feelings which is going got affect communication across the board. Politics and religion are two subject better left alone ) just my honest opinion)

Yeah I tend to agree after reading the rest of that thread.  I think my gentle nudge towards respect for my fellow man was left unread or simply ignored!  :rolleyes:  Meh, I don't like politics anyways, but wow talk about a hot point!  People are like :furious: and :eff0541f4a: , and I'm like :blink: and :shock2:.  Let's all be more :efeeec645d: and :efeeb35c09: (well maybe not so much :efeeb35c09:) with each other.  More love less hate.  :efef62fc70:

20 hours ago, dmethvin said:

We have had a few political threads in the past and they seem to degrade to name calling. No reason to create a section for that.

What the #$&@“ is wrong with*&)’$#& and his $#^¥£? Not to mention all of the @#_^¥{<$* and #$”~<§£ that is so &$@# *#@& . Ah...I feel much better.:P

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

And here I was thinking that all you Canadians did during the snow was to chase moose with a step-ladder...

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

What the #$&@“ is wrong with*&)’$#& and his $#^¥£? Not to mention all of the @#_^¥{<$* and #$”~<§£ that is so &$@# *#@& . Ah...I feel much better.:P

Let me translate that cryptic message from Amarikan to politically correct proper English:

"What the heckers is wrong with Jake Paul and his crew?  Not to mention all of the shenanigans and childish pranks that is so utterly stupid?"

:w00t2:  It's -12°C this weekend with snow, but it's going to up plus 9°C just in time for Monday!  :angry:

It won't take long before some millennial non-cis snowflake SJW gets triggered when there's a difference in opinion and flags posts to the mods because they demand this be their safe space.

2 hours ago, Czestnut said:

It won't take long before some millennial non-cis snowflake SJW gets triggered when there's a difference in opinion and flags posts to the mods because they demand this be their safe space.

It's a quite "boring" forum regarding mod interaction "needed" ?.

It's made/sponsored from an EUC enthusiast for EUC riders. Everything else is just offtopic. As long as it's funny, interesting or just not "annoying" noone cares. Just from time to time some people beg for measures... Here is no place to insult/punch others or spread whichsoever (intrusive) propaganda(1). For this topics/behaviout exits other forums - if not, everyone is free to create his own forum. With or without snowflakes/mods/... as one likes ?

Ps.: I hope i got the content right - not so easy as non native english speaker. If not just ignore this post...?

(1) could it be that this is what you meant with the milenium snowflake SJW? I just got a rough idea of this expression after goigling it....

Archived