New Zealand...

Hi everyone!

And by everyone I particularly mean... @Benjamin David Eady, @fbhb, @Haroon, @Kiwidad, @mpetrove, @terry53, @timmo and @Yekabok... who all currently show as being located in New Zealand.

I am keen to organise any EUC meet ups, group rides, et cetera. But I am not sure how many riders are currently "active" (either on the forum or simply riding). So it would be great if any of you that see this post would comment back to let us know that you are still enjoying this hobby, whereabouts you are in the country, and if you're keen to meet up for a ride somewhere, sometime.

I am Wellington based, but travel around the country fairly regularly. And I know of 4 other riders (so far) in the area....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

not sure how many riders are currently "active" (either on the forum or simply riding).

If you hover the cursor over the member name, you see when they last visited the forum.  @Yekabok joined September 12, 2016 and never visited again.  :huh:

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

currently show as being located in New Zealand.

How did you find all the New Zealand members?  :confused1:

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

If you hover the cursor over the member name, you see when they last visited the forum.  @Yekabok joined September 12, 2016 and never visited again.  :huh:

How did you find all the New Zealand members?  :confused1:

Yes I saw that some hadn't been around recently... but in case they get an email notification, I thought it worth a crack. 

And to find them... when you do a member search, one of the additional search items you can include is location... so I just looked up "New Zealand".  :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

When ya posting up some ride videos, big guy?  We would love to see some more of those wonderful areas down under.  :popcorn:  I mean your countryside that is.

Working on it... As I can't use a selfie-stick, my first problem is mounting the camera somewhere to get a decent picture.

• Like 1

Why you no can use stick?  I got a cheap one that I mount my phone to.  It works so good.  You just need to check the tilt so it gets the right view.  Hey you should try to talk in one part words.  It's fun to see what you can say with just a sole chunk of text at a time.  Oh boy it's tough to find good, short words to use.

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Why you no can use stick?  I got a cheap one that I mount my phone to.  It works so good.  You just need to check the tilt so it gets the right view.  Hey you should try to talk in one part words.  It's fun to see what you can say with just a sole chunk of text at a time.  Oh boy it's tough to find good, short words to use.

Need hands for hold lunch!

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yes I saw that some hadn't been around recently... but in case they get an email notification, I thought it worth a crack. 

And to find them... when you do a member search, one of the additional search items you can include is location... so I just looked up "New Zealand".  :thumbup:

Thanks!   I never noticed that search options feature before.  Fun to see how many are in my state, and then check California and find that there are three times as many there.  :lol:

Yeah, they might get email notification.

Edited by steve454

Pah you don't need to use hands!  You just need to buy a waist mount like this guy.  Get high tech and mount a three six tee cam if you want.  This way you can chow down while you ride and film at the same time!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

When ya posting up some ride videos, big guy?  We would love to see some more of those wonderful areas down under.  :popcorn:  I mean your countryside that is.

I saw this comment and almost posted the Hunka/Marty photo from Brokebacke Mountain . :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Working on it... As I can't use a selfie-stick, my first problem is mounting the camera somewhere to get a decent picture.

The new Selfie sticks are much easier to use than the previous model you enjoyed owning.  :laughbounce2:

26325116877_804f473d4d_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Getting back on track... We have just set up a Facebook group for all New Zealand e-riders to connect and share.

So if you are New Zealand based, please have a look at (and join)... https://www.facebook.com/groups/electric.revolution.nz/

• Like 1

Hi @The Fat Unicyclist

I own IM v5f and ride it since January. I am in Auckland and know another guy with NB and I have seen one more about 3 months ago. He has KS16 but I was so surprised to meet him that have forgotten to ask his name or mob. 

I see that nobody replied to your request from NZ. Did anybody join the FB group? I am very reluctant to register on FB.

Cheers

Edited by Keith
Linked name to generate an alert
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Shura said:

Hi @The Fat Unicyclist

I own IM v5f and ride it since January. I am in Auckland and know another guy with NB and I have seen one more about 3 months ago. He has KS16 but I was so surprised to meet him that have forgotten to ask his name or mob. 

I see that nobody replied to your request from NZ. Did anybody join the FB group? I am very reluctant to register on FB.

Cheers

Hi @Shura!

A V5F, very nice... Are you enjoying it? And is this your first wheel?

Yes, the FB group is starting to grow - 24 so far - both local and international (potential visitor) members. So it is a good start.

Don't worry if you're not keen on FB either. We started the Electric Revolution group just after launching our new business venture Roll.nz, as a way to assist electric riders to connect and meet up. And any planned events will also be mentioned in the Roll.nz e-newsletter (feel free to sign up for that) and on this forum.

If you want to discuss in more detail, feel free to PM me here, or email me at the.fat.unicyclist@roll.nz.

• Upvote 1

Hi TFU

I registered on roll.nz and FB, subscribed to Newsletter and joined FB group.

Yes, it is my first wheel and I enjoy it very-very much. I commuting to my work on it since January.

I want to know how to do some things like going on one leg forward and backwoods, small circles on one leg, etc. I can go backwards on two legs but I want more skills. Do you know is anybody in Auckland who can help me with these exercises?

Hi @Shura.

Well you're definitely signed up in all the right places now to find out what is happening in New Zealand and make contact with other riders. The group is small at this stage, but as it grows I hope we will be surprised how many of us are out there.

With regard to other Auckland riders - I am not currently in contact with any advanced riders up that way, sorry (and I am Wellington based). But there is of course always YouTube, and then it is just practice, practice, practice!

Having said that I will be in Auckland for business early next month, and was thinking of shipping up a wheel (to reduce the potential for any withdrawal symptoms). Perhaps we could arrange a ride while I am in town?