Gotway acm 1300wh

Ipsiain

When you purchased the wheel, were you told it was the V2 wheel?..... if you didn't care it is a fantastic wheel but if you were lied to, I would return or demand v2 model if thats what you wanted/ paid for.

In anycase its a fantastic wheel and capable of so, so much.... enjoy.

ACM16 V2 = ACM with 12 mosfets. Nearly all ACMs have them (only the very first 67V ones have 6), all of the 84V do.

ACM2 is the new, Tesla-ized version.

He wasn't lied to unless explicitly told "ACM2". Given how new the ACM2 is, very unlikely.

Everything went as it should (except a slightly unlucky moment of buying:efee47c9c8:).

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy with my wheel and the price i got it for! I don’t think he lied to me intentionally, he just omitted the fact that there is an acm2 out there with a tesla motor. Perhaps the acm and acm2 are looked at as separate wheels and i asked him about the acm. I cant find my original email so i can't be certain of my question to him but i think I asked him if it was the 84v 16mosfet version with larger pedals. And his response,

These are the latest models in Black ,Blue or Red.
Although we only have 1x Blue left in stock ,it is a deep blue colour with black side panels and large pedals ,12 mosfet PCB and 84v battery pack (gives a little extra torque over the older 67.2v wheels)

Depends on who you bought from and when, but it's very likely the seller didn't or couldn't know about the ACM2.

We knew about it when it suddenly appeared on Speedyfeet with no further comment, was confirmed by Jason, etc.

But Gotway literally didn't announce these wheels (same with the Tesla-ized msuper V3, it was suddenly a thing in Asia and that was it).

And one thing I learned, sellers are less knowledgeable/up-to-date than this forum. Especially the non-top ones.

So you can probably blame Gotway, or yourself for not coming here before buying (or it was indeed simply before the ACM2 existed, it's brand new after all), or best: blame no one at all, as the "damage" is limited. Enjoy your wheel:efee47c9c8:

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Depends on who you bought from and when, but it's very likely the seller didn't or couldn't know about the ACM2.

We knew about it when it suddenly appeared on Speedyfeet with no further comment, was confirmed by Jason, etc.

But Gotway literally didn't announce these wheels (same with the Tesla-ized msuper V3, it was suddenly a thing in Asia and that was it).

And one thing I learned, sellers are less knowledgeable/up-to-date than this forum. Especially the non-top ones.

So you can probably blame Gotway, or yourself for not coming here before buying (or it was indeed simply before the ACM2 existed, it's brand new after all), or best: blame no one at all, as the "damage" is limited. Enjoy your wheel:efee47c9c8:

This continues to surprise me, but it probably shouldn't. You would think that a dealer in EUCs would be a bigger enthusiast than us. It's just not the case. I don't know how many times I've watched Ian (Speedyfeet) say things in his videos which make him sound almost clueless sometimes.

54 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know how many times I've watched Ian (Speedyfeet) say things in his videos which make him sound almost clueless sometimes.

I can only imagine what you say about some of my videos.  :facepalm: :D

Perhaps its just his filming style, little to no notes and just speaking his mind with few cuts and edits. As for knowledge maybe some sellers still have their day job so can’t devote as much time into research?Also from a business standpoint, it makes sense to focus on selling your existing stock rather than promoting future models, leaving you with older models gathering dust on your shelf and out of pocket.

Anyway, Ive managed to reach the 30kmh beeper today for the first time! It feels plenty fast! 

One thing ive noticed with this wheel from day one is i hear a scuffing sound quite regularly. Its only one scuff at a time but can be as frequent as one per minute. I can’t seem to reproduce it, it seems to be random. The sound itself is the same sound id imagine the tyre rubbing on the inside of the casing to sound like. Ive peered inside the wheel well with a flashlight and cannot see any obvious culprit or clearance issue. Oh, ive just noticed i can squeeze the tyre onto the side of the shell to make contact (with one hand, ? ) so i’m guessing its touching under the stress of riding thats the only thing i can think of? 

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I can only imagine what you say about some of my videos.  :facepalm: :D

What I say is said in public. Every time you make a Brokeback Mountain comment, my fingers get really itchy at the keyboard. Your day will come :D

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

This continues to surprise me, but it probably shouldn't. You would think that a dealer in EUCs would be a bigger enthusiast than us. It's just not the case. I don't know how many times I've watched Ian (Speedyfeet) say things in his videos which make him sound almost clueless sometimes.

So what specifically are you referring to? :popcorn:   I've only watched a handful of his videos and skimmed through a few others.  What is he clued out about?

22 minutes ago, Ipsiain said:

Perhaps its just his filming style, little to no notes and just speaking his mind with few cuts and edits. As for knowledge maybe some sellers still have their day job so can’t devote as much time into research?Also from a business standpoint, it makes sense to focus on selling your existing stock rather than promoting future models, leaving you with older models gathering dust on your shelf and out of pocket.

Anyway, Ive managed to reach the 30kmh beeper today for the first time! It feels plenty fast! 

One thing ive noticed with this wheel from day one is i hear a scuffing sound quite regularly. Its only one scuff at a time but can be as frequent as one per minute. I can’t seem to reproduce it, it seems to be random. The sound itself is the same sound id imagine the tyre rubbing on the inside of the casing to sound like. Ive peered inside the wheel well with a flashlight and cannot see any obvious culprit or clearance issue. Oh, ive just noticed i can squeeze the tyre onto the side of the shell to make contact (with one hand, ? ) so i’m guessing its touching under the stress of riding thats the only thing i can think of? 

Naaah, i dont think it is because of his videos...some things he really seams clueless about, when i remember it right, he was teached about the Wheel nuts issue and deformed „shims“ by some of our forum members. I also know that he writes off a battery pack, while a BMS change would have helped this 600bucks 800wh thing to a new live.....

Thats not meant as offense, btw. other than that he is great and doing a phantatstic job promoting EUCs....

To the wheel rub, the ACM has a very little, to no room for the tire, so from time to time dust, stones, wood pieces might give a scrubbing sound.....

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

So what specifically are you referring to? :popcorn:   I've only watched a handful of his videos and skimmed through a few others.  What is he clued out about?

I remember when he started carrying Gotway wheels and producing some introductory videos. It was like he wasn't aware of this vast body of knowledge out there on how Gotway wheels behave and are configured. I get the sense that Ian is one of those guys that is self-taught about everything - he doesn't delve into the community knowledge pool.

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I remember when he started carrying Gotway wheels and producing some introductory videos. It was like he wasn't aware of this vast body of knowledge out there on how Gotway wheels behave and are configured. I get the sense that Ian is one of those guys that is self-taught about everything - he doesn't delve into the community knowledge pool.

That's exactly what I thought (from watching his videos)

And while we're all pioneers, that doesn't mean that each of us needs to reinvent the wheel.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 1:25 AM, Marty Backe said:

Yeah I just re-watched his MCM4 video, and he was under the impression that it was a 12 or 15 mph max speed wheel, on par with a Ninebot One. He didn't realize he was riding a 21 mph wheel with an 18-19 mph cruising speed.

He thought the only advantage over the Ninebot One was bigger battery.

Archived