My GT16 V2 does not start (water problem)

LEO_LEO

HI,

My gt16 V2 does not turn on anymore :(
Today while I was washing it, the water penetrated, the wheel began to emit a continuous whistle, continued for 5 minutes, then stopped.
Moving it, he started whistling again for five more minutes, so he went off.
I tried to disassemble it to disconnect the battery, during this operation I heard a discharge, so it is off. Now it doesn't start  anymore.
Tips?

yes, thanks @Coffee guy,  I will post the developments

today I disassemble it, I'm a little scared about connections with charged batteries, I would not do damage   ....I'll see if I can reset it ...always be possible

13 minutes ago, LEO_LEO said:

it is all dead, someone knows if there is  some buffer fuse or other protection?

I dont know exactly if there is a fuse on the Gt16...i guess no and if so, then it will sit between batterys and board!

When you look at the board, take attention even if batterys disconnected! The big capacitors will/might still be loaded!

If your water damage has caused a short on the board it eventually will be dead, sorry.. 

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

if your water damage has caused a short on the board it eventually will be dead, sorry.. 

...yes, i hope it is not dead, but i know there is this possibility, but I dont know how take off every doubt

1 minute ago, LEO_LEO said:

...yes, i hope it is not dead, but i know there is this possibility, but I dont know how take off every doubt

i dont know how to measure through a board, but obviously as your batterys are Ok, the board is defect.

I guess the only thing that might still happen is that after drying it will come back. But i doubt that.

If even lights, bluetooth dont work, some main components seam to be dead, perhaps the Dc converter? Who knows....

56 minutes ago, Yi Chen said:

Please send the controller back to me for testing and wipe out the rest of GT16.

ok, I send you the controller only , Thanks for your attention :)

@Yi Chen as dependable as always :) 

I wouldn't wash my GT16 without disconnecting the batteries and discharging the capacitors. And I have water-proofed my controller housing to some extent...

But there is a shitload of current waiting to be released there, so just a few drops of water in the wrong place and the board is dead. If the batteries are disconnected and the capacitors discharged, it's only a matter of making sure everything is absolutely dry before reconnecting.

If your GT16 is in water, you should first open it and wait for the drying. The interface of the wire should be sealed with an electrical tape to prevent short circuit.
Please contact us before dismantling GT16. I will give you video.
It is important not to start the GT16 to prevent the burning of the motherboard.
We have professional maintenance personnel, please contact us immediately.

I sure wish these wheels were made, um, waterproof?  :whistling:  I really wonder why EUC makers don't all use waterproof connectors?  Are they just too expensive?

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/group?channel=products&key=sealed_connectors

http://www.overclock.net/forum/134-cooling-experiments/1540031-showme-s-motherboard-cpu-ram-waterproofing-experiment.html

"while I was washing it, the water penetrated, the wheel began to emit a continuous whistle, continued for 5 minutes, then stopped.
Moving it, he started whistling again for five more minutes, so he went off."

the wheel was switched off, the wheel started alone,  my problem was the opposite, how could I turn it off!

(...thanks but  ...ok, Lord works in mysterious ways, but I do not think a scientist is necessary to understand that a wet electric appliance must not be switched on  :rolleyes:   )

• 2 weeks later...

update:

I have sent the controller the day April 4 th 2018 from italy, envelope it posts registered letter,

price consignment 17.3 Euro from Italy 

The package has been delivered the cina to the recipient the day April 18 th 2018, therefore times of delivered, is in 13 days, less than 2 weeks.

In this moment the controller is in phase of diagnosis 

:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, LEO_LEO said:

update:

I have sent the controller the day April 4 th 2018 from italy, envelope it posts registered letter,

price consignment 17.3 Euro from Italy 

The package has been delivered the cina to the recipient the day April 18 th 2018, therefore times of delivered, is in 13 days, less than 2 weeks.

In this moment the controller is in phase of diagnosis 

:)

Hey I hope you get a repaired board back from yi Chen very soon. ?

Sorry I read this post too late. One thing I have made good experiences is an electronic cleaner. The one from sonax 806400 I can recommend. With this cleaner I already repaired smartphone buttons, tv remote controls and even old notebooks with oxidated mainboars caused by fluids (coke)...

But if shorted mosfets can be repaired with this cleaner is questionable... ?

Anyhow, please let us know as soon as you have an update. ?

hi,  

22 April Chen sent  the controller to the factory for repair it,  and now, if I have understood well, the controller has been shipped from the factory 

...and meanwhile I'm waiting patiently scanning the horizon to the east 

yoga.jpg.a41338560c8071104e9fbbac6bc740dd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

May 18 the controleer is back :D

in these days I have tested it, now it is ufficial: my wheel is back on the road

What can I say, I had to wait for shipping times and diagnosis times, but I'm happy because I've never been abandoned by the seller, he followed me and sent me the replacement piece without taking advantage of it, so a positive experience all in all

I think this experience indicates that nowadays, a nearby retailer is not necessary, the shipping and communication channels today allow you to communicate in real time even at a distance, what is important is the seriousness of the seller, and I am happy because I found it ...in China :D 

4 hours ago, LEO_LEO said:

May 18 the controleer is back :D

in these days I have tested it, now it is ufficial: my wheel is back on the road

What can I say, I had to wait for shipping times and diagnosis times, but I'm happy because I've never been abandoned by the seller, he followed me and sent me the replacement piece without taking advantage of it, so a positive experience all in all

I think this experience indicates that nowadays, a nearby retailer is not necessary, the shipping and communication channels today allow you to communicate in real time even at a distance, what is important is the seriousness of the seller, and I am happy because I found it ...in China :D 

@Yi Chen is a bit of a special case. The man is conscientious to a fault. He really tries to do his best for the customer.

Archived