Advice on first wheel

wehey

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Keith said:

Don’t forget emergency braking as well - start gently and then try to brake harder, preferably with a well padded backside just in case ?. I found out the hard way I didn’t know how to stop quickly when a car turned fast on to a drive right in front of me without indicating. Falling flat on my backside certainly stopped me quick enough and my leash prevented the wheel hitting the car with possibly awkward insurance issues afterwards!

BTW your route around Cissbury Ring brought back memories, my parents retired (as one does) to Vale Walk, just across the A24 and I flew from Shoreham for many years.

B2D9874E-0C92-48AE-9E3F-3F67AC54256F.jpeg.e897937f5e28ce008b8ddcaa17c942eb.jpeg

It is a lovely area. 

I did a ride half way to Chanctonbury Ring today. When I’m braver I will go all the way lol. 

I also plan to drive to Cissbury and ride to the top and do the big loop soon ?

i just got my tesla control board now im out riding again :D 

after 1 whole month. 30 days!

i definetly need to get used to the feeling again :rolleyes:

now i can proudly announce that im an active rider again

1 hour ago, wehey said:

Would anyone know why these blue and orange lights are permanently on??

D151D1A1-0760-4D8C-97D2-F444EB1E496B.jpeg

Seems like a bad led stripe/bad controller. Theoretically it could also be the firmware reporting some failure - but i did not read anything about such a thing by now...

It's really strange.

The lights eventually went back to green so I took it out for a ride. I did about 10k and noticed that the lights had gone like this and the other side similar but other colours.

i went back to the car and drive home. When I got the wheel out of the car they were all back to green again

9E1D0A73-DA89-4F69-A9E8-7F4C574511D6.jpg

57 minutes ago, wehey said:

It's really strange.

The lights eventually went back to green so I took it out for a ride. I did about 10k and noticed that the lights had gone like this and the other side similar but other colours.

i went back to the car and drive home. When I got the wheel out of the car they were all back to green again

Then i'll add loose connection to my previous guesswork. Maybe also a cable is jammed somewhere in the shell or got offended...

6 hours ago, wehey said:

D151D1A1-0760-4D8C-97D2-F444EB1E496B.jpeg

An intermittent break anywhere in the LED strip can affect the messaging protocol that's used to address the individual LEDs (controlling whether they are on and what color to display), resulting in your symptoms. It has nothing to do with your control board.

You can swap the LED strip from the other side of the wheel. If the problem moves to the other side then you've confirmed it's the LED strip and not the wiring harness from the LED strip to the control board. 

Thanks Marty.

the problem is on both sides. Can I swap the LED's front to back?

I guess it won't effect the way the wheel rides? 

Its really strange. I have been riding round the garden all afternoon and it's been fine

15 minutes ago, wehey said:

Thanks Marty.

the problem is on both sides. Can I swap the LED's front to back?

I guess it won't effect the way the wheel rides? 

Its really strange. I have been riding round the garden all afternoon and it's been fine

Oh, you didn't mention that it was on both sides. That points towards the wiring hardness or control board connector. Of course it could be the control board, but I think that's the least likely scenario. The only way to know will be to open the wheel and exploring/experimenting.

Bad headlights, LED's, speakers, etc. will have no affect on the wheel operation or safety.

I haven't had any LED problems on my KingSong wheels, but a couple Gotway wheels have some intermittent problems. Since the LEDs on the KS wheels are much more prominent, I would try and get to the bottom of it unless you ride with the dancing lights turned off, in which case you probably don't care.

11 hours ago, wehey said:

I had a similar effect on an InMotion V8. I attributed it to a loose/broken cable connector, because it went away after I had fixed the connector.

well. I can also say.. I have led issues. I think i swapped two connectors... Because when i turn it on.. The led ring light is off and the battery is showing and the brake light... The second mode the ring ligh is showing but no brake light and the battery is still showing :blink1:

hard to explain... the ringlight also moves slower

6 minutes ago, wehey said:

Grrrrr. The problems continue. 

Just noticed this strange noise. It only happens when accelerating and braking.

whats ya thoughts guys?

I dont really know for sure..

but where is the sound coming from.. Is there any vibrations?   it could be the tire rubbing against the shell. But at that speed it sounds like the motor. does it get louder when you brake/accelerate faster. Or is it about the same? And does it happen in other scenarios.. mine does something like that but much lower and that is normal with the motor but this does not sound normal...

and does it still happen when you lift the wheel and let it spin freely?

hooe you get it fixed ;)

2 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

I dont really know for sure..

but where is the sound coming from.. Is there any vibrations?   it could be the tire rubbing against the shell. But at that speed it sounds like the motor. does it get louder when you brake/accelerate faster. Or is it about the same? And does it happen in other scenarios.. mine does something like that but much lower and that is normal with the motor but this does not sound normal...

do some tests and see when it happens and when it doesnt.

It only happens when accelerating or decelerating hard. All other times it's fine.

I have a feeling it will be going back for a replacement. It's only 1 week old!

17 minutes ago, wehey said:

Grrrrr. The problems continue. 

Just noticed this strange noise. It only happens when accelerating and braking.

whats ya thoughts guys?

Sorry, man, thats nothing serious, i am pretty sure.

On hard accellerations/braking the Motor is working hard and giving some vibrations.

This here sounds like this vibrations are transfered to a plastic part, that then makes this Sound.

And when i then see how your wheel Looks after one week, this makes sense to me :-)

Just try to replicate the Sound by pushing by Hand and try to clamp the Shell on different parts to find out where the vibrating Comes from.

12 minutes ago, US69 said:

And when i then see how your wheel Looks after one week, this makes sense to me :-)

It’s only muddy tbh. 

I will give it a clean up for ya now the weathers warmer. 

Its like washing your car in winter. Pretty pointless lol

Archived