My MSuper V3s+T Officially Faster than My Tesla - 35.9 mph top speed

It looks like my Gotway MSuper V3s+ w/Tesla Motor is officially faster than my Tesla!  With my Tesla, I had a motor cutout at 34.3 MPH (see previous thread). 

Today with my Gotway MSuper V3s+T, I managed to get to 35.9 mph.  What shocked me, is that I slowed down as soon as I heard 5 beeps (DDDDD).  I have my first and second alarm disabled and tilt back turned off.  Maybe I didn’t hear the 5 beep alarm earlier due to wind noise, but as soon as I heard it I let off the throttle and came back down to speed.  It wasn’t until I got home and uploaded my ride track from my Garmin Edge 520, that I noticed my top speed.

So, way to go Gotway!  SO.  MUCH.  FUN!

@Scott Henley ... I hope you enjoy yours when it finally arrives!

Here is a pic of my dashboard display from my Garmin Edge 520 upload:

5abef7a9c100b_GotwayMSuperV3sT-35_9mph.thumb.PNG.9f29cf5290d9e49c1799a7bc89cebb72.PNG

Thanks for letting us know, and I am glad you didnt have the bad cut out this time!

What was Tesla's battery % at cutout vs Msuper's battery at 40mph?

Did you measure your speed the same way for both wheels?

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

What was Tesla's battery % at cutout vs Msuper's battery at 40mph?

Did you measure your speed the same way for both wheels?

@Cloud  I was probably at 70% battery when my Tesla cut-out.  I was only 11 miles into the ride.  I think my MSuper V3s+T battery was around 80% when I hit 35.9 mph.  I think I was about 10 - 11 miles into my ride when I was going my fastest.  I haven't hit 40 mph ... yet ... LOL.  I think I need to lose some weight first before the wheel will let me get up that fast.  :-)  At 205 lbs, I'm very pleased with the performance of both the Tesla and the MSuper V3s+T!!  I don't think I could go back to a slower wheel after owning these two!

Yes, I measured my speed exactly the same way for both rides.  I use my road bike computer, a Garmin Edge 520 GPS unit, with the recording interval set to 1 second.  I found that using wheel log isn't accurate for the "max speed" if you jump off a curb or have a spin out and the wheel accelerates quickly because it isn't under load.  That's why I record my speed and GPS track with an external unit.

30 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

I think I need to lose some weight first before the wheel will let me get up that fast.  :-)  

If you really want to lose weight, let me know, I will teach you how. I just dropped 40 lbs a few months ago. But by the time you lose, they will come up with a stronger wheel anyway, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much)

33 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

I don't think I could go back to a slower wheel after owning these two!

That is usually the case.  I couldn’t possibly be happy with a slow wheel again, even though 40  kph is fast enough cruising speed for me, I wouldn’t dare going 40mph

7 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

Today with my Gotway MSuper V3s+T, I managed to get to 35.9 mph. 

That is super fast! I know everyone wants to speed test there new wheels but is it worth it?  Suppose I can’t be critical as I use to have that mindset as well. Be safe!

Makes geometric sense. Same motor, bigger tire diameter = faster.

In fact, 34.3 * 18/16 = 38.6, so the real question is: why did it beep earlier?:efeebb3acc:

Must be torque limit, fatty!

In seriousness, I would not go that close to the limit (except maybe testing it once), that's asking for trouble.

13 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

It looks like my Gotway MSuper V3s+ w/Tesla Motor is officially faster than my Tesla!  With my Tesla, I had a motor cutout at 34.3 MPH (see previous thread). 

Today with my Gotway MSuper V3s+T, I managed to get to 35.9 mph.  What shocked me, is that I slowed down as soon as I heard 5 beeps (DDDDD).  I have my first and second alarm disabled and tilt back turned off.  Maybe I didn’t hear the 5 beep alarm earlier due to wind noise, but as soon as I heard it I let off the throttle and came back down to speed.  It wasn’t until I got home and uploaded my ride track from my Garmin Edge 520, that I noticed my top speed.

So, way to go Gotway!  SO.  MUCH.  FUN!

@Scott Henley ... I hope you enjoy yours when it finally arrives!

Here is a pic of my dashboard display from my Garmin Edge 520 upload:

5abef7a9c100b_GotwayMSuperV3sT-35_9mph.thumb.PNG.9f29cf5290d9e49c1799a7bc89cebb72.PNG

Wow, you do enjoy living in the edge :D Glad you're enjoying the new MSuper. You can imagine how my ACM2 rides, being a lighter and more agile version of your wheel.

11 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

@Cloud  I was probably at 70% battery when my Tesla cut-out.  I was only 11 miles into the ride.  I think my MSuper V3s+T battery was around 80% when I hit 35.9 mph.  I think I was about 10 - 11 miles into my ride when I was going my fastest.  I haven't hit 40 mph ... yet ... LOL.  I think I need to lose some weight first before the wheel will let me get up that fast.  :-)  At 205 lbs, I'm very pleased with the performance of both the Tesla and the MSuper V3s+T!!  I don't think I could go back to a slower wheel after owning these two!

Yes, I measured my speed exactly the same way for both rides.  I use my road bike computer, a Garmin Edge 520 GPS unit, with the recording interval set to 1 second.  I found that using wheel log isn't accurate for the "max speed" if you jump off a curb or have a spin out and the wheel accelerates quickly because it isn't under load.  That's why I record my speed and GPS track with an external unit.

I'm sure that you know this, but I would limit your super-fast riding to >50% battery levels.

Love your reports.

Hey everyone, thank you for the comments and the concern.  I appreciate the advice and wisdom of the group.  I always wear full protective gear, motorcycle helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards and light weight motorcycle jacket with back, elbow and shoulder padding.  In this particular instance I wasn't trying to set any land speed records, I had just found a nice smooth stretch of asphalt and was enjoying cruising down the road when I heard the 5 beeps and slowed down.  It wasn't until I got back home that I realized I was traveling as fast as I was.  I had the 2nd alarm set previously, but it keeps going off around 22 mph, which seems incredibly slow (but I guess it's all relative).  In any case, thanks for the concern and advice.  I respect the opinion of the members of this group!  At least we can add one more data point to the performance of the MSuper V3s+T!

8 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Hey everyone, thank you for the comments and the concern.  I appreciate the advice and wisdom of the group.  I always wear full protective gear, motorcycle helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards and light weight motorcycle jacket with back, elbow and shoulder padding.  In this particular instance I wasn't trying to set any land speed records, I had just found a nice smooth stretch of asphalt and was enjoying cruising down the road when I heard the 5 beeps and slowed down.  It wasn't until I got back home that I realized I was traveling as fast as I was.  I had the 2nd alarm set previously, but it keeps going off around 22 mph, which seems incredibly slow (but I guess it's all relative).  In any case, thanks for the concern and advice.  I respect the opinion of the members of this group!  At least we can add one more data point to the performance of the MSuper V3s+T!

I am not that surprised that it is able to go that fast...(while i personnally would not go over 25mph-40kmh).

Have you done a „lift up speed test“? to see the max capable speed without person on it?

I would exspect it at 70-75kmh....

2 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

I'm sure you've seen enough crashes to know even with full armor it doesn't guarantee that you will not get hurt.  At least you are not making a video of your attempts.  LOL

since the msuper battery is bigger

at 80% it can do full speed

but the tesla battery at 70% is 700wh

and the msuper battery at 70% is 1120wh

thats more than the tesla is a full charge

and if the msuper needed to have 700wh left

then it needed to be at 45%

so its clear that it faster because more charge in the msuper battery 

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

since the msuper battery is bigger

at 80% it can do full speed

but the tesla battery at 70% is 700wh

and the msuper battery at 70% is 1120wh

thats more than the tesla is a full charge

and if the msuper needed to have 700wh left

then it needed to be at 45%

so its clear that it faster because more charge in the msuper battery 

Sorry, man, thats actually nonsens...

The battery range has nothing to to do with what speed the wheel is capable.

Nothing at all...You can argument that a bigger battery is able t give more torque, as it is able to give more amperage!

But speed is NOT amperage related....its voltage related...

And if you have a Tesla at 50%(510wh) or a Msuper at 50%(800wh)....its both about 72volt....

The main speed difference here -as both have the same motor- is just because of the wheel diameter...

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Sorry, man, thats actually nonsens...

The battery range has nothing to to do with what speed the wheel is capable.

Have you ever seen anyone go 30mph on 20% battery?  

Ammount of cells is related to speed when the battery percentage gets lower

Lithium ion batteries have a slight voltage and amperage drop off when battery level gets lower 

and it gets a lot more drastic near lower battery level 

For example thats why you cant drive fast at low battery

And bigger battery means more cells (usually)

and more cells mean the load is more distributed.

And a smaller amount of depletion on each cell. Wich makes the drop off less 

I'm thinking of buying an msuper V3s 1600wh. Is there any way of knowing what engine is used? 

So far googling only gives me the different wh options, none mentioning the Tesla motor. 

16 minutes ago, Rhada said:

I'm thinking of buying an msuper V3s 1600wh. Is there any way of knowing what engine is used? 

So far googling only gives me the different wh options, none mentioning the Tesla motor. 

i would reccomend a tesla or acm2. Then you can know for sure they have the motor

3 hours ago, Rhada said:

Here is where I got my MSuper V3s+T:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Latest-upgrade-Gotway-Msuper3S-1600WH-84V-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest/32832913078.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.bJ95D6

Since you're overseas, you can order directly from China and e-mail Chen and specifically request to make sure you get the Tesla motor.

If you want to order from a very reputable US Dealer, then I highly recommend @Jason McNeil.  He can verify the MSuper V3s+ has the Tesla motor and he even had his batch of MSuper V3s+T's custom ordered to ensure there is a reverse diode on the charging port to prevent accidental short circuit and prevent injury.

Good luck!

11 hours ago, Rhada said:

At the moment, the Tesla-ized ms3 is available only on Aliexpress. I don't know any Western dealer that has these listed and available yet.

You could ask Ian from Speedyfeet if/when he gets some for a good EU dealer: info@speedyfeet.uk - or any other EU Gotway dealer.

11 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i would reccomend a tesla or acm2. Then you can know for sure they have the motor

That's nonsense, just buy from the right source. If necessary, wait for more availability.

There is situation on a flat straight away where I can see hitting 50km/h, 60 or possible higher....., but all I would like to have is a safer wheel. Do you have to go fast.... NO, do you want to, Absolutely :)

Archived