So I ordered the same msuper that @Charles McLean just got from Chen a green and fashion . It’s been 7 days now and no word . I initially went to cancel the order but was the wheel was “just about to ship “ so I decided not to cancel thinking he had shipping in process and didn’t wanna be a dick . 

Anyway. I just had a conversation with another Chinese reseller and he informed me that Chen and Green and fashion were “fired by gotway” and can no longer get product. So this leaves me very worried . Does anyone know of a contact at gotway that can tell me what is and isn’t true ? I was told they were fired in March of this year . And they have a very bad standing in China ..someone please help ! Hoping maybe @Jane Mo might be on and see this  or @Jason McNeil, maybe you know ?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

So I ordered the same msuper that @Charles McLean just got from Chen a green and fashion . It’s been 7 days now and no word . I initially went to cancel the order but was assured the wheel was “about to ship “ . 

Anyway. I just had a conversation with another Chinese reseller and he informed me that Chen and Green and fashion were “fired by gotway” and can no longer get product. So this leaves me very worried . Does anyone know of a contact at gotway that can tell me what is and isn’t true ? I was told they were fired in March of this year . And they have a very bad standing in China ..someone please help ! Hoping maybe @Jane Mo might be on and see this . 

Whoah!  That's crazy!  I'm sorry!  I think AliExpress has a refund policy.  I know they hold your money until you get your product and then only release it once you confirm that you have it, so I think you can cancel anytime before it ships.  I'm sorry to hear that.  Can you post any confirmation or anything you get from Gotway regarding Chen's store and no longer being allowed to sell Gotway products?

Just now, Charles McLean said:

Whoah!  That's crazy!  I'm sorry!  I think AliExpress has a refund policy.  I know they hold your money until you get your product and then only release it once you confirm that you have it, so I think you can cancel anytime before it ships.  I'm sorry to hear that.  Can you post any confirmation or anything you get from Gotway regarding Chen's store and no longer being allowed to sell Gotway products?

I’m in the process of trying to contact GW now . I was told this by Yi Chen . A rockwheel dealer in China . Below are the messages I received from him . 

3897D1B1-DE1B-4CB5-844B-F7F6838ACB73.png

19CDDB72-C413-47E2-9C6B-0B5EDD1D25EB.png

Maybe Gotway is taking lessons from King Song to help create some price protection measures for its main distributors who add value to their products by providing after sales support.  With these drop shippers on AliEx, I'm sure they take a large cut out of sales for the local independents.  Wait for @KingSong69 to comment.   If G&F T have taken your order, they likely are able to get stock or provide from existing stock so no worries.  With AliEx acting as your escrow service, just don't release the payment until you get the goods.

Really doubt all this.

While Yi Chen's shop has a good reputation, he's a smaller brick & mortar / AliExpress distributor and, most importantly, competitor to the bigger Green Fashion (they have several locations in S. China, with fulfillment via Hong Kong AFAIK).

Just compare both stores' EUC offerings. Rockwheel store AliExpress does not sport the most robust offering of wheels, especially when Green Fashion carries almost every relevant brand and model EUC (outside of the King Song AliExpress ban).

And even if this is in fact true, I'm sure there are ways for Green Fashion to procure Gotway wheels through other means. If you know anything about how business is conducted in China, it's rarely done by the honor system, if you know what I mean ;)

16 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Really doubt all this.

While Yi Chen's shop has a good reputation, he's a smaller brick & mortar / AliExpress distributor and, most importantly, competitor to the bigger Green Fashion (they have several locations in S. China, with fulfillment via Hong Kong AFAIK).

Just compare both stores' EUC offerings. Rockwheel store AliExpress does not sport the most robust offering of wheels, especially when Green Fashion carries almost every relevant brand and model EUC (outside of the King Song AliExpress ban).

And even if this is in fact true, I'm sure there are ways for Green Fashion to procure Gotway wheels through other means. If you know anything about how business is conducted in China, it's rarely done by the honor system, if you know what I mean ;)

I am not at all familiar with how business in China is conducted. But this does make sense . I’m just a bit worried about all of this . Aliexpress has a good policy and I know my money is safe . But I don’t want the damn money . I want the wheel. Lol

3 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I am not at all familiar with how business in China is conducted. But this does make sense . I’m just a bit worried about all of this . Aliexpress has a good policy and I know my money is safe . But I don’t want the damn money . I want the wheel. Lol

I am totally with @houseofjob!

I know Yi Chen from a lot of sales...and while he has a good reputation here, he is no “rockwheel seller”...he is a “allkind” seller and a (small) competitor from Green! And: Yi Chen more than often stated to me he hates Gotway! (long backgorund story)

As far as i know, one of the main guys from Green WAS working at gotways, perhaps thats the only thing that changes. In the end everybody can buy wheels at the Gotway factory, like for example Yi Chen also does.

So i would give nothing about this rumours, and to be honest, if you ask GW...they will just tell you not to buy anything from aliexpress at all...as this is against their company guidelines and for protecting their oversea seller!

I would personally not worry a bit!! Ali has good protections, in the end i dont know even one who didnt get their wheel from Green or Yi Chen....

Then also: Not all have this fluid experience that Charles had...from my experience it can take up to 10 days or even a bit longer till the wheel gets shipped. Ijust would try to stay cool....in the end you still will have a tesla Msuper before everyone else! (and for a great price)

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe Gotway is taking lessons from King Song to help create some price protection measures for its main distributors who add value to their products by providing after sales support. 

GW dont need to take lessons from KS beside price protection...try to change your country to France on the Green Shop...and the wheels will get about 500-700bucks more expensive! All french buyers of the Tesla at Green shop have been canceled last year, by the pressure of GW (GW France)....

All i want to say is, they are allready doing the same as KS, and in parts even worse....

9 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Anyway. I just had a conversation with another Chinese reseller and he informed me that Chen and Green and fashion were “fired by gotway” and can no longer get product. So this leaves me very worried .

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I would personally not worry a bit!! Ali has good protections, in the end i dont know even one who didnt get their wheel from Green or Yi Chen....

Hope you don’t mind. I just sent Chen a message about your concerns. He generally responds in short order. I also wanted to find out more information about the V10. Sometimes he will release spec info that other supppiers can’t at the moment.  :)

39303234860_03cc5cf7d2_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Hope you don’t mind. I just sent Chen a message about your concerns. He generally responds in short order. I also wanted to find out more information about the V10. Sometimes he will release spec info that other supppiers can’t at the moment.  :)

39303234860_03cc5cf7d2_b.jpg

Thank Dan, I’m sure everything is okay. But rumors like this are pretty bothersome. Plus he keeps saying it’s ready to go but it never goes . Lol 

Hey @Scott Henley , I would be patient here as I think Chen will come through for you. It took a month for me to get my mten3 from him and I ordered it the day he advertised them. I think it was a rare event that @Charles McLean got his msuper in 10 days.. this is unusually fast from green fashion. I’d stay the coarse as you are protected from Ali too

More importantly here we want you to get this 1900w msuper as it looks like the winner wheel in the 18” category.  We are looking forward to your review. 

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Thank Dan, I’m sure everything is okay. But rumors like this are pretty bothersome. Plus he keeps saying it’s ready to go but it never goes . Lol 

This is from Chen:

40404756604_6b573fd378_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Goods supposedly already arranged “very well and ready to go” . Now it’s “soon as possible” . Idk man. It’s all very annoying . 

i know that is a frustrating situation....i was in that situation, too ;-)

But just try to stay cool, until now  you dont have another experience as a lot other people.

Charles really was more than lucky, to have it that fast! His experience was a exception...not the standard, unfortunately!

Just trust Green....he will do the best he can!

And btw.:

When the tracking number gets to the status “shipped”....from there on you will Not see any status updates, until the package is arrived and registered in the States! Just to know that in advance to be prepared for another wait  :-)

Confucius say:  "Ordering directly from China is not for those without patience or fortitude."

I've purchased a ton of stuff from overseas, and I've learned that it's not generally a speedy process to receive items from China.  Some items through China Post take over two months to arrive, clear customs, and get to my mailbox, but eventually they do get here.  

Sometimes with "pre-orders" they may not even advertise them as such so that adds in an additional delay to the process.  They may be waiting for enough orders to place a larger quantity order to get a discounted price from the factory.  With my Tesla it took a month before it even shipped, and there was no mention at all on the sales page of it being not in stock.  If I had known beforehand, I would have ordered from Jason as his shipment arrived not much later plus there is the huge advantage of having someone support warranty claims locally.  It ended up that a bunch of wheels destined for G&FT were redirected to a large French dealer so my order had to wait.

We're a little spoiled by Amazon Prime shipping where you press a buy button and goods appear tout de suite in a matter of days.  When ordering from China it is best to buy it and forget it.  You'll then receive a big surprise when it does eventually arrive by Christmas.  ;)  Or sooner.  :whistling:  Another saying is "A watched tracking page never boils."

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

More importantly here we want you to get this 1900w msuper as it looks like the winner wheel in the 18” category.  We are looking forward to your review. 

I can say without a doubt that I LOOOOVE my MSuper V3s+T 1600 Wh ... it performs almost as well as my Tesla in terms of raw acceleration (although I much prefer my Tesla for road riding) but the overall versatility of the wheel and ride comfort are AMAZING.  I can go from riding 30 mph on the road (with no issue or hesitation at all and the wheel is rock steady beneath my feet), transition to a sidewalk or gravel without skipping a beat (I can very comfortably ride on sidewalks with no pedestrians around 20 mph) and then duck right into the woods for some singletrack and hill climbing  (which I normally do around 10 mph because of all the tree roots around where I live).  I can have all this fun because the 1600 Wh battery pack that gives me about 33 miles of performance riding.  By performance riding I mean, lots of fast starts and quick stops riding between 25 - 30 mph and pushing the wheel to the point I get the 5 beeps (DDDDD) which is when I immediately let off the throttle and keep it below that threshold.  SO.  MUCH.  FUN.  If I just go "cruising" and keep the wheel below 15 mph where the wind resistance is minimal, I think I could easily get 40 miles out of the wheel (I weigh 205 lbs).  I'll have to do a range test one day just to be sure, but honestly, I can't get on either my Tesla or my MSuper V3s+T without going fast.  :-)

All great things about the MSuper V3s+T being said, I will say, I much prefer riding my Tesla around at night because of the ring lights and how well it stands out and how much attention it draws, I just feel safer knowing that people can see me and are paying attention.  Plus, the Tesla does seem to have a slight advantage when it comes to accelerating from a dead stop, but honestly, they're both so fast out the gate that it's pretty much a wash.  I also like the Tesla's higher shell for road riding because it's easier to grip the wheel with your legs and absorb unintended pot holes and bumps at high speed without the wheel wobbling.  Bottom line, I just prefer the Tesla form factor for riding on road.  But, from an overall perspective of one wheel that can do it all ... the MSuper V3s+T is definitely the wheel to get (in my humble opinion)!

Charles McLean, you are teasing us! we need to see it in action! We need video footage! If anyone has the new Msuper V3s T,  please upload video footage! ?

I so, so wish I could try testla, I have acm (my sons) and msuper v3s 1300 Wh and absolutely love this thing. Each time I hear things about test, hmm.... I think I would agree that having taller shell would make easier to control, thats one of the things I like over acm comparing to msuper. 

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

Charles McLean, you are teasing us! we need to see it in action! We need video footage! If anyone has the new Msuper V3s T,  please upload video footage! ?

I think I need to buy a GoPro Fusion 360.  I don't own any action cameras.  I was hoping @Marty Backe would get a GoPro Fusion 360 for his rides, so I could see how well it worked before buying my own.  :-)

12 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

I think I need to buy a GoPro Fusion 360.  I don't own any action cameras.  I was hoping @Marty Backe would get a GoPro Fusion 360 for his rides, so I could see how well it worked before buying my own.  :-)

How good is your computer? The GoPro Fusion eats high-end computers for breakfast because it uses a double SD card system to record. There are several Youtubers who have new computers this year and cannot get the files to load very fast. We're talking about hours of loading footage from the camera. The files are huge. It also likes to crash. You're better off going with the Rylo (which is widely considered the best stabilization in the market) or the InstaOne360 which I use. You should also make sure that your editing software is up to date or else it will downgrade the video (a problem I'm having). InstaOne360 has a new update that makes it nearly on par with the Rylo and shoots better at night. I can't test it because my lighting tab broke off and the "Flow State" update is only available on IOS at the moment.

1 minute ago, outcast00096 said:

How good is your computer? The GoPro Fusion eats high-end computers for breakfast because it uses a double SD card system to record. The files are huge. It also likes to crash. You're better off going with the Rylo (which is widely considered the best stabilization in the market) or the InstaOne360 which I use. You should also make sure that your editing software is up to date or else it will downgrade the video (a problem I'm having). InstaOne360 has a new update that makes it nearly on par with the Rylo and shoots better at night. I can't test it because my lighting tab broke off and the "Flow State" update is only available on IOS at the moment.

@outcast00096  Great info.  Thanks!  I need to do some more research.  My computer is decent, but not high end.  Dell Precision M4800 laptop with 32 GB of RAM, 4GB Nvidia Graphics with 2TB SSD.  I've had it for about 2 years now.  I'll have to look at more reviews and potentially other options.  Thanks!

Archived