Ninebot won't turn on

gopixx

did you pop the led ring and take off either side panel and check that everything is still plugged in properly ?  or maybe not as it might void any warranty ? 

I'm not sure this is related to the Ninebot but I own an Airwheel and they state damage can occur to the unit if you connect or disconnect while still connected into the mains. 

I always make sure I'm disconnected from the wall socket, then connect charging lead, then plug into the wall socket. Then I do the same in reverse. 

I'm not sure this is related to the Ninebot but I own an Airwheel and they state damage can occur to the unit if you connect or disconnect while still connected into the mains. 

I always make sure I'm disconnected from the wall socket, then connect charging lead, then plug into the wall socket. Then I do the same in reverse. 

Really? as anything I always

1.plug into wall socket

2.make sure charger has power (when possible)

3 make sure unit is off 

4. plug charger into unit 

in reverse unplugging

3, 4,1

Well I guess that's one way of doing it and every one to himself...

However,  I agree with @Douglas Ingram . To avoid the risk of electrical arcing destroying the fragile charge port on the bot (search the forum for a good example) , I would definitely plug in the wall outlet last and disconnect it first.

If you seat the plug in the charge port swift and correct it shouldn't be an issue, but from experience with destroying other electronics, I'd rather have any small arcing occuring in the more rigid wall outlet.

Edited by Shader

• 8 months later...

If you just received the unit it likely would have had the latest firmware on it already. The current firmware has been out for a long time and the update process is pretty stable. Where did you get this from. Do you have pictures of the unit?

I'm also not sure what you are talking about when you say fragile charge port. If you try to force anythingthat uses that high amperage and voltage to plug in backwards you are going to have a bad day. Always check orientation. It can only go in one way. Don't force it. 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there Ver, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your device isn’t working. Have you tried some of the simple “ tricks” that sometimes work ? Do you know anyone locally who might help you trouble shoot ? It’s really hard to help without more info….like when was the last u charged it ? How old is the device ? 
Best,