Is it possible to upgrade a 1300 battery to a 1600 battery?

I believe ( and I may be wrong) that the battery packs are physically the same size, only the stated capacity of the cells is different.  So to upgrade you would have to swap out old for new.  And sell your old ones to recoup some money.  But like I said, I may be confusing this model with some other model.

3 hours ago, Clifmeister said:

So If I wanted to upgrade from a 1300 battery in an ACM to a 1600 is that even possible? And where can you buy seperate battery packs?

Its possible but would make no sense...

1300 and 1600wh are both 120 cells...so you would need to change the complete battery!

That would be -about- 1200-1300 dollar.....

As some people saif it won't be cost-effective, maybe you can avoid the need of upgrading your battery by buying a fast charger (4-5amps without modifying the first connector between the charging line and the charging port, otherwise it might excessively heats).

13 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It will NOT be cost-effective, though. Two batteries will cost almost what a full wheel will.

11 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Its possible but would make no sense...

1300 and 1600wh are both 120 cells...so you would need to change the complete battery!

That would be -about- 1200-1300 dollar.....

ahhh cool so thats why... always thought the battery would cost around 500 - 600 but this makes sense... better to buy a total new wheel instead of battery. thanks!

6 minutes ago, Smoother said:

@Clifmeister , What exactly is so terrible about 1300Wh?  My biggest wheel has 840Wh. I wouldn't know what to do qith 1300Wh.  Are you commuting to another country or something?  God knows there are no hills in the Netherlands.

hahaha nothing, really! was just speculating on upgrade paths. I will receive my ACM2 1300 tomorrow, and super happy with that! Just was thinking if I would be able to upgrade batteries if I like to. I like to travel and commute long distance yes. I dont use the wheel normaly to commune from one place to another, but rather to explore and travel to the unknowns :-)

Archived