Battery Hoverboard 2 connectors

Garfield

Hi there,

I’ve a problem with my hoverboard DENVER 6500. After a few minutes it stop from working.

I’m looking for a replacement battery but I dont find the same as the original, it has 2 connectors.

Is the black connector necessary?

E1BBF033-CC2C-4784-9A4D-89AFEE83E3DC.jpeg

@Garfield, welcome to the forum - however please insure you post hoverboard content in the hoverboard section  - they are not Electric Unicycles ☹️

I do not know that make of hoverboard, but on most Lithium batteries for PErsonal Electric Vehicles the smaller connector is the charging lead and the larger with the yellow XT-60 plug is power output. If this is the case with your battery, then the battery has a Battery Management System (BMS) built into it to protect the battery from damage or potential fire during both charging and discharging - hence why it has two leads. Any battery without those two leads is unlikely to have a BMS and would, therefore, not be safe with your charger.

Have you tried asking the supplier? http://www.denver-electronics.com/contact/

Hi @Garfield,

It looks like you might have a dual system style of Hoverboard which are pretty tough parts to source.

Would you be able to take a photo of the entire Hoverboard from inside so that we can see the PCB's components you have with the board? That way we can perhaps establish whether or not a more common lithium battery can be installed with your system.

Hope this helps
Swegway-Pro

Archived