Cloud

ACMv2 vs Tesla ?

Posted (edited)

I am toying with the idea of getting one or the other but havent tried riding either one yet. Other things being equal i'd get Tesla as it probably acceleraters faster and is a much sexier looking wheel, but at the same price ACM offers a much bigger battery and I may never even feel/need the Tesla's extra motor power.

I am wondering if anyone can share how they like riding one vs the other or can give me a link to an existing review.

Thanks!

Edited by Cloud
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The newest ACM has the Tesla motor. Not sure if you knew that, but Marty has one and Jason is selling them. 

ETA Video

Edited by kasenutty
vid add
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @kasenutty! I’ve just watched Marty’s comparison video, it was very helpful. So then, besides the good looks, vanity lights , integrated trolley and quieter electronics, does anyone see any advantages of Tesla over the new ACM?

Edited by Cloud
  • Like 1

This rider doesn’t see any advantages to the Tesla :D

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

This rider doesn’t see any advantages to the Tesla :D

You are making my choice too easy). 

• Like 1

If you get one , I will get one too) let’s help motivate each other)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clifmeister said:

Picking up my ACM2 this friday!!! based on the above video lol! was opted in for a tesla but switched because of battery!

Congrat's on the new wheel :cheers:  I hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine :D

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Clifmeister said:

HOLY F*** I just came back from a trip on the acm... (did a trip on the V8 a few minutes before that)....

I love this machine! Feels so smooth, its like going from a scooter to a motor! Can’t wait to drive more with better weather!

I've ridden the V8. It does feel somewhat like a toy after riding one of the powerful (and heavy) Gotway wheels :D. I do understand that the V8 is not a toy, but it's an apt description.

Glad that you're liking the ACM :thumbup:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I've ridden the V8. It does feel somewhat like a toy after riding one of the powerful (and heavy) Gotway wheels :D. I do understand that the V8 is not a toy, but it's an apt description.

Plus one on that :-) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/24/2018 at 6:15 AM, Joe Holliday said:

All of those features go down the tube for long distance riders when you look at the battery size.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:15 AM, Joe Holliday said:

All of those features go down the tube for long distance riders when you look at the battery size.

The motor in the new Gotway Acm V2 makes no sound at all just like the tesla. Some of the early ones may have whined but the ones going out now are silent. I have 1.:efeeec645d:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gotway makes it so difficult for city riders. I'm in the market for the one wheel to do it all. I already have a V8, but I want the ultimate urban wheel that I can take on long trips. It could be 16" or 18", but the real holy grail for me is in a wheel that has a 1600Wh battery and an integral, centrally located trolley handle. The offset one in the MSuper would make me too nervous walking through the wine aisle at the grocery store. One little distraction or bump and it's falling into people or product. The Acm2 is close, but lacks the handle requirement. The KS-18L lacks the battery capacity, as does the Tesla. Guess I'm waiting to see what comes out in 2019. 

• Upvote 1

@Daniel Clopton You described my dream wheel. Like an ACM2 but with a KingSong-style trolley handle (and maybe some much, much better traffic-suitable lights).

Maybe KS will finally have bigger battery options on their 16S successor. But it is indeed frustrating that GW is the only option for big batteries.

20 hours ago, Daniel Clopton said:

The KS-18L lacks the battery capacity, as does the Tesla. Guess I'm waiting to see what comes out in 2019. 

KS18 XL with 1600wh will come out middle/end october…. actually they sell it as 1554wh KS18XL...

Thats the same battery as in the GW 1600wh...KS just choose to tell the correct Watthour numbers ;-)

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Daniel Clopton said:

Gotway makes it so difficult for city riders. I'm in the market for the one wheel to do it all. I already have a V8, but I want the ultimate urban wheel that I can take on long trips. It could be 16" or 18", but the real holy grail for me is in a wheel that has a 1600Wh battery and an integral, centrally located trolley handle. The offset one in the MSuper would make me too nervous walking through the wine aisle at the grocery store. One little distraction or bump and it's falling into people or product. The Acm2 is close, but lacks the handle requirement. The KS-18L lacks the battery capacity, as does the Tesla. Guess I'm waiting to see what comes out in 2019. 

Waiting for the tank that can fly? 120 km range, up to 75 km/h speed, no technical issues ever, feather light weight and a follow-me mode (left side, right side, behind and ahead switchable) for shopping centers, so there is no more trolley handle needed for hands free shopping and yes! Voice controlled! And with an ignition key lock. Christmas is coming up! Tell it to 🎅 Santa!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 4:51 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

Waiting for the tank that can fly? 120 km range, up to 75 km/h speed, no technical issues ever, feather light weight and a follow-me mode (left side, right side, behind and ahead switchable) for shopping centers, so there is no more trolley handle needed for hands free shopping and yes! Voice controlled! And with an ignition key lock. Christmas is coming up! Tell it to 🎅 Santa!

I don't think it's unreasonable with modern wheels to ask for a balanced trolley handle in a 1600Wh wheel. I didn't complain about weight. I know it will be heavier than a 1000Wh wheel and I don't care. I want the ability to ride to the next town over and easily wheel it through stores while holding a shopping basket. Anyway, it sounds like I'm not alone in that desire if an 18XL is in the works. 

• Like 1

@Daniel Clopton Hey there! It's good to see you here.
I would be very VERY critical of any Kingsong type internal handle. They have a tendency to break too easily and since it is both your carry handle and your trolly handle, it could be a pain to manage if it fails to latch shut like in many people's experience.

The Tesla internal trolly handle is very flimsy and can break easily as well. If you put too much strain on it, the thin soft metal can snap. You don't want that.

If you are serious in your trolly handle expedition I would look for a high quality external attached one. Yes I know they are not slick looking and that they are not the internal option you are looking for. But if it breaks or gets damaged, it is easier to replace or fix.
I can't stress enough on how often I hear problems about the Kingsong type handle. Bryan Wells has this same issue and he can tell you personally about it. 

Personally. I would go with the ACMv2 and equip a good high end trolly handle to it. There is another guy that has an ACM around here that has one. I don't recall his name. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Esper said:

@Daniel Clopton Hey there! It's good to see you here.
I would be very VERY critical of any Kingsong type internal handle. They have a tendency to break too easily and since it is both your carry handle and your trolly handle, it could be a pain to manage if it fails to latch shut like in many people's experience.

The Tesla internal trolly handle is very flimsy and can break easily as well. If you put too much strain on it, the thin soft metal can snap. You don't want that.

If you are serious in your trolly handle expedition I would look for a high quality external attached one. Yes I know they are not slick looking and that they are not the internal option you are looking for. But if it breaks or gets damaged, it is easier to replace or fix.
I can't stress enough on how often I hear problems about the Kingsong type handle. Bryan Wells has this same issue and he can tell you personally about it. 

Personally. I would go with the ACMv2 and equip a good high end trolly handle to it. There is another guy that has an ACM around here that has one. I don't recall his name. 

All good points. Of course external handles also break easily in even minor crashes, so I suppose all trolley handles are susceptible to damage. I suppose the best compromise is the V10. An externally mounted, but centered trolley handle. Too bad it doesn't have the battery or top speed I want.