Ninebot E+ Control/Circuit Board on Fire

whiplashTO

Hi all,

Are there any Ninebot repairs in Canada?

My Ninebot E+ circuit/control board sparked, blew a fuse, caught on fire then burnt the circuit board. smoke everywhere...and of course my Ninebot no longer works:(

From the photo below, it looks like the Blue & Yellow wire blew up.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Lonely broken Nineboter 

ninebotwire.png

The warranty should take care of that, trying to fix a (possibly) multi-layered circuit board with surface-mounted components requires very special tools (if at all possible). Probably they'll just replace it. Looks like those are the motor wires that have burnt, do you know if the motor is still ok? Or was it the motor that actually shorted...

You should not open the motor area - just make a visual check of the wiring. Is the insulation broken, some more burnt wires/connectors, etc...

what esaj meant is, even if you get the motherboard replaced it can burn again because the motor causes a short circuit. But that you will see after the replacement.

As it looks like it's just a warranty issue and not really something you can do...

Just out of curiosity - how did that happen?

what esaj meant is, even if you get the motherboard replaced it can burn again because the motor causes a short circuit. But that you will see after the replacement.

Yes, that's what I meant :)  Just a hunch though. If the entire wheel is shipped for warranty repairs, I'd expect they'd check and test all the other parts too, and replace them if needed. No point in doing it yourself (especially if you feel unsure of doing it), unless you'd need to ship it overseas for repairs or something.

Archived