How to inflate the tire of the KS 16s, do I need a special tool it’s crooked

claudioagmfilho

I use my fingers and a regular bike pump. You have to grab the stem and pull it out of the channel a small amount to attach the pump. You can use a screwdriver to pry it up a little bit if you cant grab it. 

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

You could always get something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CRGH2E2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one but I haven't had to use it yet.  In theory, you screw it on, then attach your air hose to the end, then remove it.  

The limited valve access on my 191 means l need to use one of these. 

They are great and make inflating much easier, but you do need to unscrew them quickly to minimise any air loss - or add a bit extra to compensate. 

2 hours ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

I just use a large, flat bladed screwdriver to push the stem out for filling.  Super easy, nothing special needed.

Yeah, I use whatever comes to hand, usually a key, but I thought I'd give the extension a try (All kinds of double entendres here) as they aren't expensive, and I'm tired (tired! get it!) of levering it away from the rim with a key. (oooh, was that another one?)( @The Fat Unicyclist there's three in there for you.)

Archived