pedal hinge scrape and inflation

Sophia

Please does anyone have tips on protecting the bottoms of the pedal hinges? Also my air valve leaks back once i attach the pump fully making it harder to inflate especially beyond a certain PS...could the valve spring be stuck? It only happens when the pump is fully attached..  i read about this problem somewhere but cant find the thread. thanx 

Protecting of the hinges was impossible for me. But after initial period of learning, and receiving some scratches, no need of this protection. 

Regarding the leaking valve. Check is there or not a rubber gasket in the hose connection piece. If there is, try to tight further the hose. Also it is possible the leaking to be between the hose and the connection piece. Some of the regular bicycle pumps are not designed for the high pressure required by the EUC's. You need a high pressure pump, above 100 or 150psi.

By pedal hinges you mean the L-shaped pedal brackets that the pedals are attached to?

You can glue anything to them that provides protection (baby foam), just like on the undersides of the pedals - people tend to forget about them and the bracket undersides, but it's worth it.

What works fantastic for me is techspec motorcycle tank protector. It's essentially an indestructible knobby rubber mat (meant for giving grip on motorcycles). Expensive, but works perfectly. Use double-sided tape or any other glue to hold it on there. At most you have to remove it every 6 months if you do heavy mud rides (it may start flaking of at the corners), otherwise it's a forever solution that also looks nice.

96845.jpg

96846.jpg

Here's the original thread about them, with more (cleaner wheel:efee8319ab:) pictures.

1 hour ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

Protecting of the hinges was impossible for me. But after initial period of learning, and receiving some scratches, no need of this protection. 

Regarding the leaking valve. Check is there or not a rubber gasket in the hose connection piece. If there is, try to tight further the hose. Also it is possible the leaking to be between the hose and the connection piece. Some of the regular bicycle pumps are not designed for the high pressure required by the EUC's. You need a high pressure pump, above 100 or 150psi.

thanks i guess  a big bike track pump might work better

44 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

By pedal hinges you mean the L-shaped pedal brackets that the pedals are attached to?

You can glue anything to them that provides protection (baby foam), just like on the undersides of the pedals - people tend to forget about them and the bracket undersides, but it's worth it.

What works fantastic for me is techspec motorcycle tank protector. It's essentially an indestructible knobby rubber mat (meant for giving grip on motorcycles). Expensive, but works perfectly. Use double-sided tape or any other glue to hold it on there. At most you have to remove it every 6 months if you do heavy mud rides (it may start flaking of at the corners), otherwise it's a forever solution that also looks nice.

96845.jpg

96846.jpg

Here's the original thread about them, with more (cleaner wheel:efee8319ab:) pictures.

thanks-i will look at that

2 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

4 minutes ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

The valve extension https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/ninebot-one-parts/products/160mm-valve-extension is very useful. You can use different kind of pump connectors on it. 

i have a similar tool-the leak seems to be air flow back into the pump rather than escaping air and probably the pump isnt up to it ..sure i'll work it out soon as i only had the wheel a few days

Archived