Dual weels vs single weel

guidolal

I've never ridden one, but I think and have heard it can be unstable when going diagonally across inclines. The other thing to consider is that not a single one of them has specs that are anywhere close to the single wheels. Not one regular poster here uses a two wheeled EUC regularly, that speaks volumes in my opinion. They may be alright to learn on, but after learning, you probably will not like it. 

• Like 3

From what I've seen the dual tire EUCs are easier to learn on, but ultimately they aren't as versatile as riding a one wheeler over various terrain.  Maybe it's somewhat similar to riding a tricycle versus a bicycle.  Easier to learn on,  but ultimately you end up riding a bike if you want to use it to seriously get anywhere. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

From another thread today:

steve454     3,215

steve454

"The easiest wheel to learn is one with two tires like the Inmotion V3 pro.  Also called Swagtron on Amazon.  Built in trolley handle, bluetooth speakers,around $500.  

Good starter wheel, especially if you don't expect to do long rides.

You can always upgrade later if you want, most people on the forum don't have a high opinion of two wheel euc's, saying that they don't handle side slopes well, but how often does that happen?  Plus, you can keep the wheel vertical by riding on the uphill tire."

• Like 2

Now what'd be interesting is if they could slide apart from each other to lean into turns intelligently somehow sorta like this....

yamaha-or2t-cornering-closeup.jpg

Imagine that with skinnier tires, maybe two 2.5 inch wide tires, always making contact. You could scream around corners. They could probably do that maybe somehow. I think that would be cool, but I don't like the riding around on thread spool style they have now. 

6 hours ago, guidolal said:

I am in the process of buying a EUC   i am trying to get infos that comparer a single weel to a dual wells   Is it more stable ? does it take more battery ?  is is simpler to learn ?   est..  Thanks

• Like 3

Lots of good replies here.  I'd like to clarify a point.  When riding on a level smooth surface, everything is fine.  But if one wheel is forced to ride over a raised, or lowered section of path (due to there being no better alternative route) the load is suddenly all on the tire on the higher ground.  This will force the wheel sideways quite violently, into the calf of the opposite leg.  This would be a very unpleasant experience.  Going over an undulating or irregular surface would toss the wheel back and forth, wildly.  Just remembering the sideways force I get on my single 2.5" tire when one side of the tire rolls over a raised section of road, then extrapolating it out to a completely different tire 4 to 5 inches away, is hard to comprehend.

For an occasional beach boardwalk, or ultra smooth cycle/jog path plaything, at a killer price, it would be ok, but for real world riding, no way.

That was a slick video, and If I could pick up a two-wheeler for $£E50 I probably would, just to have something to teach people with, but nothing more.

• Like 3