Very disappointed with customer service

I have a Gotway Msuper V3 820Wh bought in Amazon Spain in January 2018, but the model is old and I guess the firmware is not updated, so I wanted to update the firmware or replace the controller board with a new and updated one. I copy/paste my conversation with Gotway:

07-feb (me): I finally bought a Gotway Msuper V3 820Wh. I opened the lateral case and I saw it has the old plastic connectores (they burn if the unicycle goes fast). I also noticed the board sounds at high frequency, it might didn't pass the quality control properly. I would like to know if you can provide me both things under warranty. Thank you.

08-feb (Gotway): contact your sales for service,thanks.

08-feb (me): My vendor told me I have to contact with the manufacturer.

08-feb (Gotway): pls send me your sales info.thanks.

08-feb (me): Yes, of course, it's Amazon Spain: https://www.amazon.es/

10-feb (me): Hello Jane, I might have a Msuper V3 with old firmware. Is there any chance you can send me a new board with the new firmware in order to guarantee a proper functioning of my unicycle? Thank you.

23-feb (Gotway): do you have video for your broken wheel? we can send you the pcb and you need to pay the shipping cost.

23-feb (me): In this case, please tell me what the shipping cost is. Thank you.

24-feb (Gotway): 24USD for shipping cost.

24-feb (me): Ok please tell me how to pay for it. This is my address [...] I would also like to know if you can please send me the latest firmware for the Msuper V3 820Wh to update my own board. Thank you.

25-feb (Gotway): yes the latest version.

25-feb (me): Ok, please send me a PayPal address to pay for it. According to the firmware, I mean I want to know if you can send me by e-mail the .hex or .bin file to update my actual board. Regards,

26-feb (Gotway): 375... @ qq .com

26-feb (me): Hello, I already sent you the $24 payment. PayPal ID 9RXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX. Please tell me when you'll send the board for the MSuperV3 820Wh. Regards,

02-mar (me): Hello, can you please send me a tracking number? Regards,

05-mar (Gotway): we will send this week.pls wait.

14-mar (Gotway): could you pls send me motor serial number

14-mar (me): QJ1609XXXXX Still waiting for the shipping tracking number...

15-mar (Gotway): it has out of warranty,and pls pay it. is it 67.2v or 84v?

15-mar (me): 67.2V. I already paid the shipping cost.

15-mar (Gotway): it is out of warranty pls pay the pcb

15-mar (me):  How much is it?

15-mar (Gotway): 76usd ---> WTF $76 for that cheap board???

15-mar (me): Ok, I'm not interested. Please give me back the money I paid for the shipping cost. Regards,

15-mar (Gotway): ok what is your paypal account

15-mar (me): c...s@gmail.com PayPal transaction ID 9RXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX Please cancel the payment

16-mar (Gotway): Ok thanks.

16-mar (me): Please refund me. Still waiting for it. Thank you.

19-mar (me): Please give me back my money.

As you can see:

1) The manufacturer says I have to contact with the seller

2) She accepts to send me a replacement board if I pay the shipping cost (in any case will send me a .bin with the updated firmware)

3) Once I pay she doesn't send it in that week (first lie)

4) She asks me for additional info, included the motor s/n

5) When she had told me she would send it (and already has the shipping paid), she says it's out of warranty (and I bought it two months ago...) and I have to pay $76 for the board plus the $24 I already paid. Total $100 for a ugly designed board!

6) I tell her I don't want to pay for that amount of money and I want my $24 back. Still waiting for it...

To sum up: not more Gotway unicycles for me, they lied to me and didn't offer me a solution.

Edited by sifou
  • Upvote 1

Yo tube un problema similar con otro msuper de Amazon. El muy llego con la placa quemada. Solicite la devolución. Habla con servicio atención al cliente de Amazon y solicita una devolución. El problema es no hacerlo de inmediato. 

If you paid through Paypal, send the chat log to them and ask for reversal. Paypal will do it. 

For the faulty device purchased through Amazon, file a complaint to Amazon, their CS can help you. 

Edited by stevenvo
  • Upvote 1