Where to buy an Electric Unicycle in South America

Medialab

Hi, 

Currently traveling South America and when I was in Buenos Aires I saw a guy riding an electric unicycle. Also saw one guy in Santiago riding one but after lots of searching online and looking for local resellers, I haven't been able to find a place to pick one up. Does anyone know of resellers anywhere in South America that offer a decent selection of EU models? Probably looking to pick up a KingSong 16s. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Medialab said:

Hi, 

Currently traveling South America and when I was in Buenos Aires I saw a guy riding an electric unicycle. Also saw one guy in Santiago riding one but after lots of searching online and looking for local resellers, I haven't been able to find a place to pick one up. Does anyone know of resellers anywhere in South America that offer a decent selection of EU models? Probably looking to pick up a KingSong 16s. Thanks!

Unfortionately it seems to be hard to get EUC's in south america - no resellers and import from foreign countries (USA) is quite expensive (transport). That's at least what i learnt from some recent posts here from people from s.a.

Maybe direct purchase from china works out (or via ?aliexpress?, which officially is not allowed to sell kingsongs anymore?) or you have good luck and near your place some reseller started?

Don't know/remember how and if the other south american guys resolved their EUC desire...

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Maybe direct purchase from china works out (or via ?aliexpress?, which officially is not allowed to sell kingsongs anymore?) or you have good luck and near your place some reseller started?

I've heard King Song can sell you a wheel directly, or maybe they can make an aliexpress exception since you have no regional representation.

But....If you're traveling, be advised you cannot take these things on aircraft. Nor can you ship via air with the batteries in, and the batteries are not legally allowed to travel by air as far as I am aware.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I've heard King Song can sell you a wheel directly, or maybe they can make an aliexpress exception since you have no regional representation.

But....If you're traveling, be advised you cannot take these things on aircraft. Nor can you ship via air with the batteries in, and the batteries are not legally allowed to travel by air as far as I am aware.

Speedyfeet ships his wheels with batteries. Mine arrive within 5-days of ordering, across the Atlantic and across the United States, so I doubt anything but planes are involved.

It's my understanding that you can ship hazardous materials via air freight. Maybe they place those packages in fire-proof air freight containers? You obviously pay more for the privilege.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Speedyfeet ships his wheels with batteries. Mine arrive within 5-days of ordering, across the Atlantic and across the United States, so I doubt anything but planes are involved.

It's my understanding that you can ship hazardous materials via air freight. Maybe they place those packages in fire-proof air freight containers? You obviously pay more for the privilege.

That's good to know.  Reminds me of the Tom Hanks film; Castaway. Maybe you should call that wheel Wilson.

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here in the UK there are two seperate sets of rules that the carriers apply.

As a company it is possible to ship batteries via air with some but as an individual private citizen it's just about imposible.

On 3/18/2018 at 1:31 PM, Medialab said:

Hi, 

why don't you ask @claudioagmfilho he's in Brazil.

There is one store in São Paulo called nineway that cells Kingsong and other eucs, there is also another one called emove, that sells only inmotion products, v8s etc... Their website is: www.emove.mobi

Also we use something in Brazil called mercado livre, where you can find inmotion v8s and also the KS 16As, but not the 16s, for l 16s, I had it specially ordered with the nineway store, however   occasionally someone gives up on buying say a KS 16s, and they post it on their site, so check, their website and you may find a KS 16s around for sale that is brand new, the store nineway reserved one for me, during the time I got mine, the 16s were sold out right away... And from the packaging, you could kinda tell or think it came straight from  China, I guess they bring these things inside containers...

Archived