Any body experience this before?

Shabba

Yesterday I planned on goin on Nice long ride on the monster but right before I left I noticed the tire was flat, (thank god I have two other msupers) so I searched for the culprit but found nothing in the tire, so I decide to pump it up and i noticed that air was coming from the valve area, got some slime in there but it was still leaking, anyone experience this before? If you did how did you fix it?

Could be the valve core is not tight, or is defective.  When did you put the slime?  First thing is use the valve core removal tool and check if the core is screwed all the way in.  If it is tight but is leaking at valve,  get another valve core and replace it.  That should fix it.

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

Yesterday I planned on goin on Nice long ride on the monster but right before I left I noticed the tire was flat, (thank god I have two other msupers) so I searched for the culprit but found nothing in the tire, so I decide to pump it up and i noticed that air was coming from the valve area, got some slime in there but it was still leaking, anyone experience this before? If you did how did you fix it?

from around the valve or the valve itself?  You can tighten it and it can actually inscrew itself from vibrations. Get a tool or use some thin pliers. this is how it looks inside. 1011-valve-cutaway-view.gif

Here is a cap with the tool for easy use. P6061292.JPGPliers will be good enough though

13 hours ago, steve454 said:

Could be the valve core is not tight, or is defective.  When did you put the slime?  First thing is use the valve core removal tool and check if the core is screwed all the way in.  If it is tight but is leaking at valve,  get another valve core and replace it.  That should fix it.

Thanks I’ll try that tomorrow 

On 3/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, EUC GUY said:

from around the valve or the valve itself?  You can tighten it and it can actually inscrew itself from vibrations. Get a tool or use some thin pliers. this is how it looks inside. 1011-valve-cutaway-view.gif

Here is a cap with the tool for easy use. P6061292.JPGPliers will be good enough though

I finally got time to purchase And replace the valve core and it seems like it it’s coming from the side of the valve, whenever I tilt the valve to the side more air escape, any other ideas? I really don’t want to open up the monster and replace the tube 

52 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I finally got time to purchase And replace the valve core and it seems like it it’s coming from the side of the valve, whenever I tilt the valve to the side more air escape, any other ideas? I really don’t want to open up the monster and replace the tube 

Sorry I couldn't find a video showing that the tube can be changed without taking off one side of the shell.  

It might be possible, since a large portion of the tire is exposed, but I don't know.

There might be enough gap between the tire and shell that you can start at the bottom, and  feed the tube in while turning the tire.

That's very strange!  The Monster wheel is one of the few that doesn't need a bent valve.  By not being bent, it has a much less stressful life as it is not twisted to the side to get out of the rim. The valve stem has a small rubber skirt which is glued onto the tube, so it is a potential weak spot.  Is it possible that you have ridden the tire at low pressure? This can sometimes reduce the grip between the rim and the bead which can lead to the tire slipping around the rim, which pulls on the tube which pulls on the valve stem.

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

That's very strange!  The Monster wheel is one of the few that doesn't need a bent valve.  By not being bent, it has a much less stressful life as it is not twisted to the side to get out of the rim. The valve stem has a small rubber skirt which is glued onto the tube, so it is a potential weak spot.  Is it possible that you have ridden the tire at low pressure? This can sometimes reduce the grip between the rim and the bead which can lead to the tire slipping around the rim, which pulls on the tube which pulls on the valve stem.

Am not sure i didn’t feel any difference while I was riding and i never messed with the pressure

On 3/21/2018 at 3:41 AM, Shabba said:

Am not sure i didn’t feel any difference while I was riding and i never messed with the pressure

That's a shame.  It remains a mystery.  My pressure goes down slowly over time on both my wheels. 

Rubber and synthetic rubber is not 100% airtight.  Microscopically, air escapes. The inside of a tubeless tire has a special coating that is more "airproof" than the rubber.  When a hole is patched (by a good shop)  this layer is ground off (too slick, glue won't stick) then patched, then more glue applied all over the back of the patch and anywhere the grinder exposed.  This is to try to reestablish, as much as possible, the impermeable layer that was damaged.

Archived