Reserve your Inmotion VX, KS18L, or Ninebot Z10 Now!

7 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

For the design aesthetic (same as the S2), but I agree, major fail here, I hate doing DIY after a wheel purchase.

The Tesla IMHO rides the closest to an 18" EUC.

It's really about the increased width of a 18" x 2.5" vs a 16" x 2.125" tire, not really the small 2" increase in diameter IMHO. The bigger width gives you a more planted-to-the-road feeling, but again, the Tesla has is the closest 16" to have that sensation.

Yeah, @eddiemoy is right, you need to experiment with different foot positions away from close and parallel to the EUC body. 

I tend to experiment with moving my feet (lifting heel-toe, toe-heel) all around and at different angles and positions, esp away from the EUC body, but I imagine it's hard to re-position your feet mid-ride if you are wearing flip-flops.

i don’t wear flip flops, that was just so u could see where my ankle hits that side pad. if i were taller or shorter, and my ankle bone height went up a down accordingly, it wouldn’t be right on the edge.

like if i had thicker sole shoes, or thinner soles shoes, my ankle bone wouldn’t fall right on the edge of that pad. but yeah, i move my feet around and i can ride it, justfar from being my favorite. even the ninbots are better with the optional pad up top.08F0E94D-3730-4177-B379-7E62FA898F12.thumb.jpeg.58fef3245ed56558be270e03cec6c6e0.jpeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'd just experiment more. 

I've been loving riding with my feet perpendicular to the EUC body recently, left toe and right heel closest to the body, which is actually the initiation of some EUC tricks, and puts your body in a more skateboard/snowboard-style sideways position, which also puts you in a more aerodynamic position for wind.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Yeah, I'd just experiment more. 

I've been loving riding with my feet perpendicular to the EUC body recently, left toe and right heel closest to the body, which is actually the initiation of some EUC tricks, and puts your body in a more skateboard/snowboard-style sideways position, which also puts you in a more aerodynamic position for wind.

pigeon toed stance helps but i don’t like the way it makes running off for me. i’ve got a big heel bone too that makes certain shoes(like all) uncomfortable also. it’s usually a war between my heel bone and wearing out the liner in the shoe. i’m gonna design a sheath probably made out of this pool float foam, which might be the perfect cross between comfort and durability and euc control. like on the 16s. it would just slide on from the top and remove it after the ride. just held in place by friction. also double as mudflaps and obvious wheel protection. just a simple sleeve. also if u were on public land, and ur wheel hit a pedestrian or a car, it would definitely do less damage. no downside other than the look.IMG_5014.JPG.9de74f4244ad54bb5faa9c222492e895.JPG

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

i don’t wear flip flops, that was just so u could see where my ankle hits that side pad. if i were taller or shorter, and my ankle bone height went up a down accordingly, it wouldn’t be right on the edge.

like if i had thicker sole shoes, or thinner soles shoes, my ankle bone wouldn’t fall right on the edge of that pad. but yeah, i move my feet around and i can ride it, justfar from being my favorite. even the ninbots are better with the optional pad up top.08F0E94D-3730-4177-B379-7E62FA898F12.thumb.jpeg.58fef3245ed56558be270e03cec6c6e0.jpeg

I wear flip flops on my KS16 too, but I don't have the issue you have with the ankle bone.

i don’t know if i’ll have to stitch the ends together or if i can get a strong enough bond out of an adhesive for a butt joint bond which obviously would be cleaner. i’m just making a circle or ring out of the foam about whatever the pedal to the topof the handle is maybe plus 2”. i’m gonna have to carve out a recess for the side pads that will help keep it positioned correctly and a couple of portholes for front and rear light. suppose i could get really fancy and drill holes or punch holes for the side leds. pretty simple pattern. probably the longest time i’ll waste on this project is finding one of two packs of 100 razor knife blades here at the ranch somewhere.

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I wear flip flops on my KS16 too, but I don't have the issue you have with the ankle bone.

yeah, i think my feet are exceptionally boney. feet are weird. hanging out in ft lauderdale on the boat in 2015 and spending a fair amount of time in the elbo room and seeing peoples toes alot, some people toes were disgusting to me. i think mine look pretty good if i’d ever wash them. Bob likes them.

this is why, if they ever have laws on eucs, which i doubt will happen, my 57 pound ks-18s, with me driving it at 8 mph, is my safest wheel for anybody around me with the mattress pad taped on it. i have my whole leg for friction to hold the wheel and i can bail but still hold the wheel with my left leg. the adnesion is so great, if u don’t know what ur doing, kinda hard to shift ur weight to stop.IMG_5009.JPG.5c773eeaaa4419b547adafa436a63c5e.JPG

unfortunately, there’s only enough pool float material to do either the 18s or the 16s, not both and the 18s is the one that is really gonna need the pool foam in the long term. the mattress padis still working great so i don’t wanna strip it yet and for some reason, the mattress pad went up 300%+ at walmart. 

but i could do the joint the way o’brien did with a dove tail. pretty strong. a bitch to make the pool float pillow. be easier making a big circle for the 18s. 24” wide so it will come up a few inches over the handle. could be trimmed obviously.

2018-03-15_02-50-28

2018-03-15_02-50-54

i just think if u were lobbying ur local government officials, ud have a helluva lot better luck showing them a little 9bot1s1 wrapped in a sheath of this pool float foam than say a “monster” with gotway too many problems naked, the wheel not u.

once u get the laws changed, u could probably slip a ks-16s in the blue sheath and nody would know.

i’ve got the traditional stick on furniture foam in baby poop color(so ugly but half the price) i’m gonna decorate the ks-16s with, so layers of it should make it more comfortable. 

yeah it’s confirmed. just did a ride on my naked 16s and no matter how wide i space my feet, my ankle bones are the first to touch the corners of the upper pad. and riding with only the soles of ur feet touching the euc, does make it wiggly. not wobbly but wiggly. u r really balancing like that. 

not comfortable. see that, in this pic the wheel is leaned over, when i’m standing like i’m riding it, the inside of my shin or calf muscle is even further away. justgonna keep layering baby poop foam until it’s comfortable. wasn’t noticeable too much when i was wrapping my ankles with the belly fat neoprene things.might start doing that again seeing how everybody is getting hurt.

2018-03-15_11-47-52

On 3/15/2018 at 9:03 PM, eddiemoy said:

Don't know why 9bot has no grip on the side.  It is unusual for a wheel meant to be off road to have slippery sides.  I saw some video of someone putting some rubber on the side so they have something to grab onto with their legs.

Because of patent issue. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Hey @Jason McNeil, how are you sorting out the V10F pre-orders, especially for guys like me who are probably buying all 3 upcoming wheels?

Morning :) Yes, Sir, first order of business is to do a short write-up about my own personal experience of the V10F, then get the V10 page live, & later this afternoon send a general communication out to the pre-order/deposit Customers! 

34 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Morning :) Yes, Sir, first order of business is to do a short write-up about my own personal experience of the V10F, then get the V10 page live, & later this afternoon send a general communication out to the pre-order/deposit Customers! 

I'm thinking of getting the V10F, I don't think I want another 18" wheel like the 18L which is lacking the seat...  I can't give up the seat.  What is the lead time for getting the V10F? 

36 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

What is the lead time for getting the V10F? 

Latest update from Inmotion is that the shipping date on the first batch will be about a week away. There's the possibility of air-freighting some of the Wheels for a supplementary cost if there's enough demand, airfreighting will save around 2-3 weeks in delivery time. 

42 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Latest update from Inmotion is that the shipping date on the first batch will be about a week away. There's the possibility of air-freighting some of the Wheels for a supplementary cost if there's enough demand, airfreighting will save around 2-3 weeks in delivery time. 

Sign me up for air freight.  LOL

• 2 months later...

Archived