Video - Hong Kong group ride on Lantau Island - August 22, 2015

John Eucist

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks like you guys had lots of fun! :) I can only ride my eu by myself most of the time here in Toronto Canada, because my friends either do not want to pay for the high price or they don't dare to try it out.

It may be little off-topic, but may I ask if you guys were ever stopped by any police in this trip? Seeing one person riding an eu might not catch too much attention from police but all of you riding together surely would be making some serious advertence? If yes, did you try to hide when you saw a police on your way?

I always wanted to see more people riding eu around, but at the same time I was also afraid that making it high profile would make people (pedestrians) complaint and ended up involving police.Did you have the same concern?

No idea.  All I know is when I got to that first turn I said "so scary" (in Cantonese) out loud. :D

That's what I was thinking.  I am just now approaching 1 month of riding.  I can ride in narrow areas (to dodge things).  But probably not if I freak out and panic from something like that. 

So, if you don't mind me asking, which one's you?

• 8 months later...
On 8/25/2015 at 2:05 PM, CC wheeler said:

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks like you guys had lots of fun! :) I can only ride my eu by myself most of the time here in Toronto Canada, because my friends either do not want to pay for the high price or they don't dare to try it out.

It may be little off-topic, but may I ask if you guys were ever stopped by any police in this trip? Seeing one person riding an eu might not catch too much attention from police but all of you riding together surely would be making some serious advertence? If yes, did you try to hide when you saw a police on your way?

I always wanted to see more people riding eu around, but at the same time I was also afraid that making it high profile would make people (pedestrians) complaint and ended up involving police.Did you have the same concern?

Just rode on the sidewalk past two cop cars together chattin, they saw, and not sure what they thought.  I have a headlight and rear red LED light attached, so I guess they couldn't do anything but watch.

Archived