Mileage Contest March 2018- Win A Free G2 Lite Or 50% Off For The Upcoming InMotion V10

Bob Yan

Hi guys,

We have finished the contest in Feb and thanks for all of your participations!  We’d like to bring more fun and communication for our riders in this community, no matter which brand you are riding now.   We’d like to start the March contest now, and welcome to join in this one if you missed the Feb one. The prize for this month will be:  A free Glide 2 Lite or 50% off for the upcoming model of InMotion V10. 

BTW, congrats again to our winner of Feb @stan onymous, welcome to join our SD group riding this weekend and pick up your award in our office. 

Basic Rules:
1. Attendance: Anyone with any brand wheel above 18 years old living in United States
2. Apply procedure
  • Comment under this thread with  “I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage is xxx miles” , and attach the screenshot of App showing the current mileage of your wheel. Screenshot must be dated the day of posting and contain the same mileage stated in your post.
  • At the end of March, post in this thread to mark your progress. First quote your original entry post, then show us your ending mileage with a screenshot dated no later than 03/31/2018 , then calculate the mileage you rode within this whole month. 
3. WinnerThe champion is the one who has the most mileage!
4. Award: A free Glide 2 Lite or 50% off for the upcoming model of InMotion V10.
5. DateThe award will be sent out before 04/10/2018
6. Waiver: I am of full legal age. I have carefully read this release and fully understand its contents. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance. I understand there may be dangers in participation in this contest. I expressly assume all risks, including personal injury, property damage and all other loss relating to my participation in this contest, and I expressly waive and release the Solowheel Inc from all claims resulting from any such risks. I verify that I have no impairment that might inhibit or make unsafe my participation in this contest. I will abide by all applicable safety rules, guidance and regulations governing my participation in this contest.
7.Note: There is a same contest on InMotion official website(https://goo.gl/tVMHn2), please keep in mind that you can only join one of these two, the awards will not be overlapping for a same participant. 

OK, sounds fun, here we go again!

“I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage is 474 km (295 mi)."

Riding my new MSV3+ 1600wh (thanks @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com!) and using my Gotway app instead of Wheellog to report mileage. (For some reason Wheellog is reporting zero mileage on this wheel... App otherwise works but I will use the Gotway app to record mileage for this contest.)

Good luck, have fun, and stay safe, everybody!

Screenshot_20180314-115954.png

3 hours ago, who_the said:

OK, sounds fun, here we go again!

“I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage is 474 km (295 mi)."

Riding my new MSV3+ 1600wh (thanks @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com!) and using my Gotway app instead of Wheellog to report mileage. (For some reason Wheellog is reporting zero mileage on this wheel... App otherwise works but I will use the Gotway app to record mileage for this contest.)

Good luck, have fun, and stay safe, everybody!

Screenshot_20180314-115954.png

Welcome to be the first one of March!

I cant let @who_the go unchallenged so Its a rematch so far. Since its St. Patrick's Day and I am Irish its the luck of the Irish throwing my clover into the contest. Going to exclusively use the ks18s to even up the space time logistics of the two vehicles. 

I have read and fully understand the rules and will even use a professional editor if I am given the honor of giving a review.

I happen to like the kingsong app and will be using it.image.thumb.png.20fe6dd2cc70e07ee14f7892713cb498.png

safe riding to all who enter and accept the challenge

I didnt want to limit my riding to one wheel for the contest, at least not until the V10 comes out, so I was a bit hesitant. I also wanted to see more jump into the contest. I like the shorter contests. Fortunately this month all I have to work on is my cars. Unfortunately This will make me conflicted as to which vehicle I should take. :huh:

on a Separate note, it seems that people take a ton of vids of me while I am riding in the competition. Maybe we can look forward to some Solowheel swag. Like a solowheel wind breaker or baseball shirt. Maybe even a QR code patch that when people take a vid of me they will get the option of redirecting the videographer to your website for purchases. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I didnt want to limit my riding to one wheel for the contest, at least not until the V10 comes out, so I was a bit hesitant. I also wanted to see more jump into the contest. I like the shorter contests. Fortunately this month all I have to work on is my cars. Unfortunately This will make me conflicted as to which vehicle I should take. :huh:

on a Separate note, it seems that people take a ton of vids of me while I am riding in the competition. Maybe we can look forward to some Solowheel swag. Like a solowheel wind breaker or baseball shirt. Maybe even a QR code patch that when people take a vid of me they will get the option of redirecting the videographer to your website for purchases. :thumbup:

That's very kind of you, and actually we have an ambassador program which I can share with you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Fun month. Crazy month. We had tons of rain up here, and I know @Stan Onymous did too. Most important thing is to have fun. And stay safe.

Just finished a really nice Saturday night ride. Captured my totals just after midnight.

Contest total (Mar. 14 - Mar. 31):

456 mi (734 km) 

Thanks again to Solowheel and my fellow competitors. Let's keep going!

Screenshot_20180401-000208_WheelLog.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-234739_Gotway.jpg

8 hours ago, who_the said:

Thank you! Though we haven't heard from @Stan Onymous yet... Perhaps you have? 

Time was up, and you're the winner according to the rule!  Please send me your contacting info and we can go ahead to send you the wheel. 

20 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

So I let myself down by not riding much in March. Any hope of an April contest @Bobwheel?  I'd love to get a shot at 50% off a V10 and my V8 is ready to clock some serious miles in April to earn a big brother. 

Go go go! I'm not going to enter, may the best wheeler win! 

On 4/6/2018 at 4:53 AM, WARPed1701D said:

So I let myself down by not riding much in March. Any hope of an April contest @Bobwheel?  I'd love to get a shot at 50% off a V10 and my V8 is ready to clock some serious miles in April to earn a big brother. 

Unfortunately there were so few people participate in that contest, so we hesitated to hold another one for April and trying to come up a more welcome one. Do you have anything in mind that can get more people's interest?

12 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

Unfortunately there were so few people participate in that contest, so we hesitated to hold another one for April and trying to come up a more welcome one. Do you have anything in mind that can get more people's interest?

I only noticed the competitions a few days ago. I think it's either people missing it, or like me, knowing they won't be anywhere near #1. Maybe you could try another with a top 3 or more prize scheme instead of top 1, and see if you can get that stickied for a little bit. Obviously the prizes don't have to all be wheels. It seems like people would be more inclined to participate if there's something for the runner ups. Consistency helps too. Personally I'm less inclined to try if the competition isn't confirmed to be happening till a week or more into the month of the competition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 7:37 PM, Bobwheel said:

I forgot to reply to this but I have been thinking about it as I though it was cool you offered these competitions.

I think a big issue has been that in March and particularly in February the weather in the US was atrocious. In many places it still is. This drastically reduced the number of people interested in spending some serious time on their wheels and ergo participating.

Also, I think starting the contest the second it is announced means that those who only check in every few days will feel they have lost valuable riding time to rack up mileage while those who visit daily have already signed up and have competition miles under their belt. Giving a week or so of warning of the contest starting would allow people to be aware and everyone gets to start at the same time. People could register interest in advance and then be mentioned in the thread at competition start to remind them to submit initial mileage.

As @ramma said above most riders stand no chance of winning against the power riders who rack up hundreds of miles a month. Of course it is a mileage contest so they deserve to win but even those who do ride a good distance each month (example..my commute is usually 225 miles/month when I ride full time) stand little chance against those who put in five or six hundred miles so they probably didn't bother trying to enter. More smaller prizes (if that possible given your limited in-house prize cache) would be a better option than a single big one (even though I really want/need the 50% V10 discount :facepalm:). I'd also suggest those prizes not just be for a simple 1st, 2nd, 3rd place but instead maybe many smaller first place prizes for different wheel categories. Given it is a mileage competition I would guess the best way to set the categories would be motor power or even better battery capacity. Maybe a sub 500Wh category, along with sub 1000Wh and then all other larger wheels as a third. Offer a lower value (than the single prize value) first place prize in all three categories.

Ideally prizes should be relevant to all and not be a partial prize. Offering a V8 protective cover will not entice KingSong riders to participate. Likewise offering 20% off a V10 is a great prize but many don't have the remaining 80% in cash to take advantage of the prize. I'm not sure what you can do about this as I appreciate you don't have a large amount of cheaper prizes available to give away. Maybe offer a choice of prizes to winners. Example, 20% off a V10 or 50% off a Glide 3 or 100% off a Glide 2 Lite or a $50 Amex Card (or whatever value is lower or equivalent to the cost to you of the other prizes).

Guaranteed prizes? I saw @Jeffrey Scott Will and @RoseInMotion / @Rose Song Wangsporting very nice InMotion T-Shirts in the live streams. T-Shirts cost very little to have printed. How about asking the community to create an EUC related T-Shirt design for each competition and then having them printed up. Put the InMotion logo on the back and you get free advertising to the wider world, subliminal brand reminders to the wearer, and maybe increased competition participation. Say everyone who participates and puts in over 50 miles gets a T-Shirt.

Finally, winners are restricted from entering again for a pre agreed number of competitions. This allows those who ride less miles more of a chance as time passes.

That's about all I've got. I hope it helps.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Bobwheel said:
Hi guys,

We have finished the contest in Feb and thanks for all of your participations!  We’d like to bring more fun and communication for our riders in this community, no matter which brand you are riding now.   We’d like to start the March contest now, and welcome to join in this one if you missed the Feb one. The prize for this month will be:  A free Glide 2 Lite or 50% off for the upcoming model of InMotion V10. 

BTW, congrats again to our winner of Feb @stan onymous, welcome to join our SD group riding this weekend and pick up your award in our office. 

Basic Rules:
1. Attendance: Anyone with any brand wheel above 18 years old living in United States
2. Apply procedure
  • Comment under this thread with  “I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage is xxx miles” , and attach the screenshot of App showing the current mileage of your wheel. Screenshot must be dated the day of posting and contain the same mileage stated in your post.
  • At the end of March, post in this thread to mark your progress. First quote your original entry post, then show us your ending mileage with a screenshot dated no later than 03/31/2018 , then calculate the mileage you rode within this whole month. 
3. WinnerThe champion is the one who has the most mileage!
4. Award: A free Glide 2 Lite or 50% off for the upcoming model of InMotion V10.
5. DateThe award will be sent out before 04/10/2018
6. Waiver: I am of full legal age. I have carefully read this release and fully understand its contents. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance. I understand there may be dangers in participation in this contest. I expressly assume all risks, including personal injury, property damage and all other loss relating to my participation in this contest, and I expressly waive and release the Solowheel Inc from all claims resulting from any such risks. I verify that I have no impairment that might inhibit or make unsafe my participation in this contest. I will abide by all applicable safety rules, guidance and regulations governing my participation in this contest.
7.Note: There is a same contest on InMotion official website(https://goo.gl/tVMHn2), please keep in mind that you can only join one of these two, the awards will not be overlapping for a same participant. 

Just saw this! Congratulations Stan Onymous!

Archived