Where to find King Son 14(c) App?

Casey

I expexting a 14(c) in the next few months and I was wondering where to find the App?  I can't seem to locate any of the Apps, even the Gotway App in the Apple App Store.  Also, anyone know if the ap will work on an IPAD?  I use a flip phone and iPad instead of a smart phone.  Thanks.

Not sure if it because I'm trying to do it from my phone but I don't seem to be able to submit the app file.

It would be good to have the old app as well as the new one when it is available. 

AFAIK,  only the new models (the production started 2 days ago) will be compatible with the ios app. They changed the bluetooth component/firmware for that. Or at least that's what my reseller told me !  (and some folks in one of the kingsong topics on the french forum) 

Any word on the app.  I'm about to buy one from kale but want to make sure there is a iOS app

So it seems you need to be patient and hold off for a week or two if you want the new board with ios support.

With customer approval, I made the decision for all orders starting with ones paid August 1st to be shipped with the new main board.

So, some customers have experienced a delay but I know most will be happier in the long term with the additional features.

So I think the ios app is out or maybe jason just got a screen shot of it, but I hope this will be released asap. Does anyone have a eta on its release or is it out in the wild now?

I can't remember in what thread I saw it but somewhere there is a screen shot of the new app. 

AFAIK,  only the new models (the production started 2 days ago) will be compatible with the ios app. They changed the bluetooth component/firmware for that. Or at least that's what my reseller told me !  (and some folks in one of the kingsong topics on the french forum) 

I'm sure this is due to Apple's draconian bluetooth policies. For any bluetooth communication other than handsfree/headset purposes, you have to literally buy a chip from Apple and incorporate it into your hardware before your device will be able to communicate with iOs. Not only that, iOs uses a proprietary communication stack so on your device you are forced to either write different code for talking to iOs vs Android devices, or write your Android app to pretend that it's actually an iPhone! <_<

I'm sure this is due to Apple's draconian bluetooth policies. For any bluetooth communication other than handsfree/headset purposes, you have to literally buy a chip from Apple and incorporate it into your hardware before your device will be able to communicate with iOs. Not only that, iOs uses a proprietary communication stack so on your device you are forced to either write different code for talking to iOs vs Android devices, or write your Android app to pretend that it's actually an iPhone! <_<

I didn't know this, but I'm not actually surprised... <_<  Over the past 4,5 years that I've been working on a mobile gaming company (although I don't write the code for the mobiles themselves), the most stupid problems we've had have been due to Apple's ever-changing policies, weird rules, and the slow process of getting updates into their store and the arbitrary testing process, that sometimes allows some stuff and sometimes not ("Yeah, we'd like to get the fix to that critical bug that was found right after the game was finally released on their store, but Apple took a couple of weeks to review the update, and then turned it down due to something that passed the last time with flying colors, sorry! So it's going to be a few weeks more...").

Also, compared to hardware, the prices of their products are outrageous, they do everything they can to prevent any outsider from making anything like headphones for their devices (guess it's the same thing with the bluetooth-chip), distributing software that they don't get a cut out off etc, not to mention that they use every trick in the book to avoid paying taxes on their profits anywhere... worldwide, their average tax percent is about 2%, and they hide most of their cash in off-shore tax havens. But that's probably what all the big companies do.

In my books, Steve Jobs wasn't a "visionary", he was a sadistic, nihilistic slave driver, who took credit for other peoples inventions. And yes, I hate Apple (although I do have an iPhone, but it's the companys' property, and I need it for my work at times, doesn't even have a sim-card in it).

Guess that's enough edits to this  ;) 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived