Best Geographic Regions For EUC-ing

Esash

Southern California seems like it might be the best place I know of to live as an EUC enthusiast. Watching Marty's videos, it's nothing but beaches, mountains, and trails, and sunny 364.79 days a year.  Drawbacks would be high car traffic, bad drivers, and criminals who might want to take your EUC.

Florida seems decent, warm winters. But drawbacks are hot summers, completely flat terrain, and frequent rain storms.

Denver/Colorado seems like a great spot, urban riding combined with endless nearby mountains and trails. Drawbacks would be snowy winters and Cheech and Chong drivers.

420.gif

San Fran/Bay Area seems like a great spot too. Mild winters, lots of fellow EUC riders, and full variety of riding conditions from urban to beaches to mountains.

Drawbacks include riding through human waste in downtown San Francisco, higher chance of being robbed of your EUC (like the girl in Oakland last month), and puncturing your tire with discarded drug needles.

The EWheels videos from Hong Kong looked amazing as well. 

What are some other truly exceptional places for EUC tourism destinations?

Paris would be ideal... There is a large EUC community there... But they all speak "foreign."

Which leaves Australia and New Zealand... But everything in Australia kills you, so... NEW ZEALAND!

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Paris would be ideal... There is a large EUC community there... But they all speak "foreign."

Which leaves Australia and New Zealand... But everything in Australia kills you, so... NEW ZEALAND!

No not true Australia is extremely safe our sheep's are contained and unlikely to hit one unlike in New Zealand :). 

If we look at cities Sydney would be one of the best places for euc's the weather is almost always perfect for riding not too hot never to cold. There are plenty of hills and plenty of nice places to look at while riding. 

Only down side is that they are illegal to ride here. So in theory if you get caught you can get fined but so far I have never been stopped. 

I assume the ideal is sunny and a wide of places to visit (and charge batteries) With those conditions I bet for regions well populated near to the ecuador: California, Miami, Rome, Toulouse, Paris, Athena, Lisbon, Barcelona... I ride in Madrid, enough urban and rural routes despite the monuments, amenities and services around

Wherever there are

• good or interesting weather all year
  • varied terrain, bike paths, dirt roads, forest roads, etc., being able to start right from home
  • nice scenery
  • maybe some other riders

From the ones people do ride, it seems California isn't too shabby. Poor Marty, not being able to ride on the one rainy day of the season:furious:... these kind of problems show it is high on the list;)

Southern California:

SoCal 2, Hot Beaches

Colorado nature

Colorado Urban Snow

San Francisco Bay Area

Legendary Toledo Ohio

Florida

Paris

Australia

Hong Kong

Taiwan

UK Countryside

Wherever These Girls Are

18 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Southern California seems like it might be the best place I know of to live as an EUC enthusiast. Watching Marty's videos, it's nothing but beaches, mountains, and trails, and sunny 364.79 days a year.  Drawbacks would be high car traffic, bad drivers, and criminals who might want to take your EUC.

:confused1:  Southern California has criminals that steal EUCs? :blink:

On 3/11/2018 at 5:19 PM, Scouts Honor said:

The EWheels videos from Hong Kong looked amazing as well. 

That EWheels Hong Kong video was great, but I think @John Eucist mentioned that they are illegal there so they usually need to take them into the mountainous or less populated areas to avoid police attention.  They are illegal in most parts of Canada as well, but if you ride under the radar hopefully the po po will leave you alone.  A few people have gotten $600 tickets in Vancouver for riding electric skateboards and unicycles along with receiving court dates unfortunately. 

@Hatchet have you been able to ride without being bothered by the authorities?  I haven't heard from @musk or @Merrittous MonoWheel for quite some time.

Archived