RW GT16 V2 - my brief assessment

So, I finally settled on this euc to be my 3rd wheel (854wh). (my other 2 are: Inmotion V3S, and KS 16B 680wh). Picked it up about 1 month ago. The weather hasn't been the best for riding lately, so I waited until today to take it out for a respectable spin. The weather was a decent 9°c, and the ground was wet, but manageable.

I find the stock pedals a bit undersized and not very grippy, so I wore nice flat boating shoes in hopes that would help size-wise. Otherwise wearing more grippy work shoes or hiking shoes could've been as good an option.

It's incredibly nimble for a 16" wheel, so I took an assist from a fence to mount up so the wheel wouldn't spin away from me (by the way, I'm approx 92kilos). The app showed to be in "walking" mode, but it felt like it was in "play" mode (where I set it last). It glides quickly on its way without much effort. I started out on a flat surface for approx 200m, before going uphill. No problem for this wheel. The terrain was concrete, except for 1 deviation to see how it handled a softer surface. It did fine. But after returning to the concrete the wheel slid a little. It was quite controlled until I made a nervous twitch which resulted in a spill. My speed at that time was within the 20kph range. I was properly geared up for the ride, and managed a controlled side-roll. No injuries resulted. The euc sustained a scratch or 2, otherwise no other damage. I continued the ride without further mishap.

Altogether the ride was nearly 20km.

My opinion is that this wheel is a new style mini suv, especially compared with my KS16B. It feels and rides great, is solid, and very agile.

My top speed on this ride was 36kph. Battery status from the wheel started out (approx: )in the 80% range, ending (approx) in the 60% range. Any tiltback I may have received was gentle. Surely not as agressive as my other 2 wheels.

Nice wheel, and I like it alot.

Archived