My hoverboard won't work

Kiwidad

My board turns on when it has the charger plug in when unplugged nothing works have open it up  no wires unplugged or broken apart from a red and black wires into a white male connector that  I can't see goes into anything . Is the spare male connector normal

image.jpg

On 10/03/2018 at 6:01 AM, Kiwidad said:

My board turns on when it has the charger plug in when unplugged nothin

Perhaps you can help me too? My car doesn’t work - surely someone here can tell me what is wrong with it?

i do not know why it seems such a common trait of hoverboard riders that they expect the forum members to be psychic! the Electric Unicycle riders all seem to be capable of knowing what make and model of wheel they have a problem with, but so many of the hoverboard users don’t seem to have the slightest idea of what they have bought.

Unless you can tell us the make and model of Hoverboard you have got you are simply wasting your and our time posting requests for help on this forum.

On 10/03/2018 at 6:01 AM, Kiwidad said:

Is the spare male connector normal?

Yes completely normal (depending, of course on who manufacturered the board,! Or, of course it may have fallen out of somewhere - a big clue would be an empty socket somewhere!) What it clearly has missing is the laundry basket on top - and without that laundry basket I am afraid that you will be completely unable to go big game hunting with it?.

I have rubbed my crystal balls though and it is quite likely that if it powers up with the charger connected but doesn’t without it then there is something wrong with the battery. I can’t tell you anymore than that though as I have no idea what battery it has got, what voltage it is or how it connects to the main board, it presumably is connected, or power from the charger shouldn’t be reaching the main board, unless someone has mucked about with the charging and power cables.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Kiwidad

The little loose wire is a Bluetooth connector which if you don't have a Bluetooth speaker will just remain as it is; that's normal.

As for the reason why it isn't working; if theres completely no power to the board then it is either your battery or your Motherboard that needs replacing (or a combination of both). If the Hoverboard turns on while it is in charge, but not at all when not in during charge, then it is likely your battery. You can use a multi-meter and see if it is lively or not.

Hope this helps.
Swegway Pro

• 3 months later...
On 3/10/2018 at 2:01 PM, Kiwidad said:

My board turns on when it has the charger plug in when unplugged nothing works have open it up  no wires unplugged or broken apart from a red and black wires into a white male connector that  I can't see goes into anything . Is the spare male connector normal

image.jpg

According to your description, the board can turn on when plugging to the charger and on charging, but can not turn on when unplugged to the charger. It is probably that the battery of the hoverboard defect. The battery can't hold electricity, my advice is to change the battery. 

Archived